Halloween Horror Nights 28 Discussion

Mark M.

This is the first year since 2011 that I couldn’t attend EP. lots of emotions seeing all my friends posting about it on all social media. Normally I hate any type of spoilers but I read a few reviews already. Saw 1 house list. I’ve heard good and bad things. But honestly I’m not making any assumptions until Friday night. On paper, the event looks amazing. But I guess we will all find out soon enough! 

Oh now this is a really weird cup to sell!  Going to cause a lot of confusion. 

I mean, when you go to the ticket page on the site, they have THREE different "Frequent Fear" passes.

Do they require you to show a FFP ticket to buy the cup?

Do they require you to show a FFP pass to refill the cup?

Do they have a "Peasant Pass" cup good only that night?

One of the Frequent Fear Passes is an Ultimate FFP, so technically ALL nights are FFP nights. 

Nah, this isn't going to be confusing at all.

This is beyond dumb.  Sell a souvenir cup good for one night and one good for all nights.  No confusion.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I mean, when you go to the ticket page on the site, they have THREE different "Frequent Fear" passes.

One of the Frequent Fear Passes is for September only, so they won't get a free refill if they return in Nov?

One of the Frequent Fear Passes is an Ultimate FFP, so technically ALL nights are FFP nights. 

This is beyond dumb.  Sell a souvenir cup good for one night and one good for all nights.  No confusion.

Agreed. I immediately assumed that it's the lowest tier of the FFP (no Fridays or Saturdays).

Technically the others are called "Frequent Fear Plus" and "Ultimate Frequent Fear"...so they are different?

It's an easy fix through, put up a note or switch the signage to say "Good every Sunday through Thursday Horror Nights Event".

You know, when I was writing my comment I had HOLLYWOOD HHN on my mind.  That site lumps all FFP variants under one heading. 

Unless they require you to show your ticket, I can't see how they are going to disallow any night from a free refill.  But even asking for proof of a ticket is going to just slow everything down.  

I don't think the extra signage would fly - Could you imagine someone with the Ultimate pass be denied because they are there on some Saturday non "Frequent Fear Night"?  When you spring for the highest end pass, you should get everything.

EDIT: The Orlando site still has no mention of this cup.

It’s been extremely crowded tonight. So glad I spent the extra cash on ROF with Express this year. 

Been here since the passholder event at 5:30. We’ve done 8 houses with some breaks. Currently in line for Zero Exposure and the last one we have is Stranger Things, but we might save that for tomorrow depending on what the wait is when we’re done here. 

Hi guys, don’t really post a lot but after opening night, I think this year is way better then last year. Yes it was insanely crowded, mostly due to Stranger Things. However, the houses and scare zones were really on point tonight. Of course a few things here and there can be tweaked, but it is opening weekend. Can’t wait for the rest of this season and let the scares live on!

• Like 1

It was insanely crowded opening night. I arrived fairly late and only got to do 3 houses but everything I saw was incredible house-wise. In my opinion it usually isn't until week 3 or so that everything's on point. That's not the case this year and they've really gone all out on the houses. The scarezones overall seem fairly weak right now (in comparison to previous years) but I'm sure in the next week or so everything will find it's swing. They all look incredible but none of them (including the hoards. Does anyone know what the chainsaw hoard is supposed to be? They're like Victorian Clowns or something) made me feel as if I needed to be looking over my shoulder. 

In line I heard so many people say that their favorite house was different than the next. There appears to be no clear standout as they all seem to be winners and there's something for everyone. From what I saw the line for Stranger Things never dropped below 2 hours even at 1am. Poltergeist, Scary Tales and Halloween 4 also had ridiculously long lines the whole night. The only lines I ever saw with a shorter wait were Trick R Treat and Seeds of Extinction but I'd attribute both of these to location rather than to popularity. 

I'm incredibly excited to go back and see the rest of the houses. From just the small taste of the event I had this year still seems to be incredibly special.

As stated by many before, in the 16 years I’ve been attending, this has been by far the most crowded I have ever seen it on opening night. It felt like a Friday in early to mid-October.

Also, did anyone else get caught in the exit debacle from Trick r Treat and Seeds? For me, it took longer to exit than what I waited for Trick r Treat (with Express). They were merging both exits, which I know they have done with the tent houses, so I’m not sure why it wasn’t working last night. Imagine moving at a snails pace, packed like a sardine, for a quarter of a mile. I heard the “they need an Express queue for the exits” joke many times.

Edited by Vampyr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampyr said:

Also, did anyone else get caught in the exit debacle from Trick r Treat and Seeds? For me, it took longer to exit than what I waited for Trick r Treat (with Express). They were merging both exits, which I know they have done with the tent houses, so I’m not sure why it wasn’t working last night. Imagine moving at a snails pace, packed like a sardine, for a quarter of a mile. I heard the “they need an Express queue for the exits” joke many times.

We made that joke as well. Hopefully they’ve come up with a better solution. 

22 hours ago, zombieman said:

It technically is for all nights. They verify you have a fequent fear pass of some sort, asking to see it and a photo ID to confirm. Then, when filling up the cup it claims you have unlimited refills through November 5th at 2am. Now I assume they don't expect people to use it on Non HHN days, but it doesn't seem to have a restriction for what HHN nights you can and can't use it. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic