Being under the influence at HHN?

MAGE

Hey y’all, ive been going to hhn for 7 years now and I have gotten to a point where it doesnt even truly scare me at all. i DO love the sets, but i miss that initial excitement the first time i went or when i was trembling walking through welcome to my nightmare. sOOO i got the bright idea to either 1.) eat an edible or 2.) smoke before going. does anyone have any experience with this? i get paranoid when i smoke and this is the only situation i see that as being an advantage lol. idk, think its a good idea? 

• Angry 1

I have friends that do it specifically because it relaxes them and makes it less scary for them. That's been the case for both types. But ofcourse, everyone is different. Taking like 3-5 shots of alcohol should loosen you up though, and not see things coming. Just don't drink too much or you'll feel sick, not take in the details, etc..

• Angry 1

Someone wanted me to do mushrooms with them and then go into the Alice in wonderland 3d house few years ago. I had to say no because I don't do drugs especially when I don't know how I would reaction. 
I usually booze it up, which usually gets me good.   I think if you know your body and how you would reaction then you should be good.  
 do the test. go to Halloween store while high. there is enough stuff

Sounds like OP and DTH are talking about two different reasons.  As someone who is also jaded from years of going, I tend to watch the reactions of the crowd and focus on the sets and HOW they are doing what they are doing.  If you want to approximate that time when you were easily scared, just impair one of your senses drug-free.  For instance, put on a pair of medium darkness sunglasses or a good set of earplugs.  Trust me - you will become disoriented and trying to focus so intently on your impairment that you will be a sitting duck.  

I'm pretty sure every scareactor would recommend staying sober, because non-sober people almost always make their job less fun - and frankly dangerous.

Honestly, after paying so much for HHN (or concert, or sports event) I don't understand why someone would take a drug that would make them ultimately forget parts of their expensive outing.

Get your money's worth, and allow the employees and sober attendees to not have to be around intoxicated people.

• Like 2

I've been thinking of trying to same thing with weed at HHN Hollywood.. I would avoid hallucinogens, that's probably too much.

Sometimes weed can make you paranoid about the wrong things, you might be too distracted worrying about things completely unrelated to the mazes like security at the park knowing your high,  wondering if you forgot to lock your car door, or the North Korea arms race.

I would recommend trying it before you watch a scary movie, if you get freaked out... then you know it works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If going multiple nights, why not just switch it up? That way you try it both ways. I know im gonna be doing that this year

Edit: I am a legal recipient of medical marijuana, and i have a DD. Remember to stay safe and legal!

Edited by duh1011
  • Love 1

I cant stand the characterization that if you drink you're going to be an asshole.  It's even dumber to say that someone on marijuana would act like that.

I enjoy going out and having a good pregame strategy and I enjoy the help out of being on vacation.  If I had access and could I'd be as stoned as I could possibly get and I've NEVER been out of control on marijuana.

There have been occassions throughout my life when I've lost control on alcohol but it wont happen at USF because I'm an adult.   

Do some people get out of control? Sure.   But this is why I wish USF would take full hand prints and ban the people who cant handle themselves.

I got incredibly stoned before going in 2013.  First house we hit was AWiL and it was insane. Not only was I disoriented, but felt anxious due to the mood and atmosphere of that house. I accidentally ran into the people in front of us due to the scares (apologies to those fans). I found it to be a lot of fun and a much different experience than going through the houses sober/tipsy. 

Im also considering bringing a pen with me this year to the event. I noticed lot of people had those at Hollywood’s event when I attended in 2016, and guests would hit pens in my room as I was scare acting at the event in Orlando last year - it was dark with lots of fog.  

Does anyone have have any advice/tips for bringing and using a pen at HHN?

On 9/15/2018 at 9:12 AM, Tich0las said:

Does anyone have have any advice/tips for bringing and using a pen at HHN?

Push the button, inhale, walk through house, repeat.

I usually separate the cartridge and battery and put them in my bag or wallet just to make it easier at security.

Smoking outside of the smoking sections is pretty rampant at HHN, and the pens don't make a lot of vapor, so you're pretty good hitting it anywhere (including the back corners of Monster Cafe; it's quite dark in there.)

On 9/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, HambergurPimp said:

I usually separate the cartridge and battery and put them in my bag or wallet just to make it easier at security.

Smoking outside of the smoking sections is pretty rampant at HHN, and the pens don't make a lot of vapor, so you're pretty good hitting it anywhere (including the back corners of Monster Cafe; it's quite dark in there.)

Or,  now hear me out, follow the rules and don’t ruin the experience for other people?

Edited by Jediwhit82
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, HambergurPimp said:

So I’m curious, are you ruining the event for everyone else or did you actually follow the rules?