HHN 28 Pregame - Dare 2 Escape (Nightmares discount)

Hello everyone!  

I wanted to invite you all once again to Dare 2 Escape to play any of our games.  We have The Asylum which is literally haunted (honestly, we have two employees who won't close by themselves because of it).  It's a great room with some terrific scares.  We also have The Ringmaster with it's definite creep factor.  For your scaredy cats - we  have The Dig which is a great game, but not scary.   Also, we are featuring the grand opening of our newest room called The Archive.  Don't let the "tame" name fool you - it is the culmination of the story that flows through the other three rooms.  The set design alone would be worth checking it out as the same company who builds the HHN houses is doing our set.  A MUST SEE.

For those of you who didn't know, there are four owners of Dare 2 Escape - we met through Halloween Horror Nights (and this forum).  We are HUGE Halloween fans, so our entire main space at D2E is Halloween themed.  Honestly, I can't think of a better way to "pre-game" than by coming to play one of our games (in air conditioning) before sweating your butts off at HHN.  We are offering all Nightmares peeps $5 off any game - except The Archive (because it is brand new and we cannot discount it right now).   We would love to have all of you come and play.  

There is a meet up thread here of when all the forum members will be attending.  Maybe you could even work it out to play with some of your fellow forum members if you would like.  A good group size is 6.  Feel free to respond to this thread if you have any questions or comments.

Hope to see you all at D2E and then, of course, in the fog.

http://www.dare2escape.com

I did the Ringmaster room last year and it was amazing. In my 10+ escape rooms, this one was by far my favorite and there are a ton of HHN easter eggs in it. I hope to go back for Asylum this year, but I am not quite sure when. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Like 3

On 9/2/2018 at 8:08 AM, N i c k said:

I did the Ringmaster room last year and it was amazing. In my 10+ escape rooms, this one was by far my favorite and there are a ton of HHN easter eggs in it. I hope to go back for Asylum this year, but I am not quite sure when. I highly recommend this place to anyone!

There are Easter eggs in The Asylum as well.   I believe I have mentioned this before - but in case I haven't - all of our set design has been supervised (and some of it physically created) by Kim Gromoll.  So, if you want to see a true Master's touch in an escape room.. you need to come visit us!

Thanks for the recommendation, Nick!

On 8/31/2018 at 5:16 PM, zombieman said:

If anyone wants to go to this with me on Sep 20 (before HHN starts), let me know.

Hunnylvr, how doable are the rooms as a solo player?  I have done many escape rooms before.

Honestly, I think it would be tough to play any of the rooms alone.  There is no way you could do The Asylum by yourself.. MAYBE The Dig, but that is the only not scary, not creepy room.  However, it's possible you could be slotted with others anyway, so that may help.  Often we get couples or groups of three that book a slot, and other players can book in until the room fills.  

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Honestly, I think it would be tough to play any of the rooms alone.  There is no way you could do The Asylum by yourself.. MAYBE The Dig, but that is the only not scary, not creepy room.  However, it's possible you could be slotted with others anyway, so that may help.  Often we get couples or groups of three that book a slot, and other players can book in until the room fills.  

I figured you were going to say that.  Not a surprise.  So at the moment I'm keeping Sep 20 open before HHN.  Perhaps I can shoot you my cell and if someone bites I can be an add-on.

Heh - just Googled where you are located and it routed me across the country.  38 hour drive (but Google Maps says road conditions are excellent)!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I did The Dig back in July with my 12 yr old daughter and 6 yr old son. It was my first escape room ever, and I loved it. I didn't escape, but I will be aiming for The Ringmaster as my next room. 

The rooms are beautiful and highly detailed. 

Thanks, sweet pea.  Would LOVE for you to play the Ringmaster.  Maybe you can hook up with Zombieman and play?

On 9/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, Insane24Se7en said:

So if I were to book, how much would it be per person?

With your HNN discount - $25 per person.  Standard rate is $30 per person.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:23 PM, bmoz628 said:

I played Ringmaster not too long ago and it was a really great room!!! I want to play Asylum so bad, going to be out of town until the 20th, but would definitely be down for a meet up after that!!

You will LOVE Asylum.  I promise.