HHN 28 Gameplan?

HHN Pro

What is your gameplan for opening night, or just any night of HHN28? Here is my opening night plan:

• Skip School and Sleep In
  • Leave for Aventura around 11AM or 12PM
  • Get to Aventura
  • Chill
  • Leave for park around 3:30PM
  • See 4PM Showing of Horror Make-Up Show
  • Get to Finnegan's Stay-N-Scream
  • Eat
  • Go into Stranger Things
  • Make our way around the park

What is yours??? 

• Like 2

I will mostly likely doing opening Sunday. 
 I will be doing stay and scream in the front to get through Stranger things cause my sister wants to go through that one. 
 I don't have any real plans so far until there is at least 2 days of flow patterns. 
 I think It's going to be non stop busy this year based on how much people enjoy 80's and  these current IP's 

I would avoid front of the park and central park cause of pinch point from last year around 9pm- 12am. 
 I want to say most people will be crowding around new York streets. 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2018 at 8:56 PM, HHN Pro said:

What is your gameplan for opening night, or just any night of HHN28? Here is my opening night plan:

• Skip School and Sleep In
  • Leave for Aventura around 11AM or 12PM
  • Get to Aventura
  • Chill
  • Leave for park around 3:30PM
  • See 4PM Showing of Horror Make-Up Show
  • Get to Finnegan's Stay-N-Scream
  • Eat
  • Go into Stranger Things
  • Make our way around the park

What is yours??? 

Skipping school for HHN? That takes dedication, sir!
Here's what I can think of, for opening night:
1. Take any substitute teaching job that I can find that day, though probably not one at a high school so I can try and get a bit more rested up.
2. At approximately 4:30 or 4:45, head in the direction of Universal, grabbing a drive- thru dinner and a 5- Hour Energy on the way (The latter of the two I'll be smuggling into the park, don't tell a soul!). I'm a Polk County resident, so it can take 35 minutes to an hour to get to Universal.
3. Hopefully arrive at Universal no later than 5:50 or so, make a beeline for the ticket- claim kiosks to get my FFP redeemed (Earlier than I did last year's opening night, in which my entrance to the park was heavily delayed by a combination of kiosk failure and the fact that Universal apparently assigned its stupidest/ most incompetent employees to manage its lines, the Minions from 'Despicable Me' would have done a better job of managing those lines).
4. (From here on out it's subject to change based on line length and whether or not I meet up with other members of this forum) Hopefully enter the park the very minute its gates open, and make a beeline for 'Stranger Things.' I'll want to knock it out of the way first, both because I know its line will fill up fast, and because a friend of mine is going to be a Scareactor in it.

5. Once that is finished, I'll probably try to hit 'Seeds of Extinction.'
6. Tour around the park, taking in the sights, and hitting each Scarezone at least once.
7. Hit the 'Fast and Furious' ride (I've never done it before), and at least two other Houses (Most likely not 'Trick 'r Treat' or 'Scary Tales,' as those are my most anticipated Houses this year and I'm a very firm believer in saving the best for last).

8. At approximately 11:40 or so, I'll be ready to call it a night, make my way to my car, and start the hour- long drive home.

Edited by Nightcrawler
  • Like 1

Fly out of LAX at 10:45PM on redeye to MCO.  Will be first class, so I will be able to sleep.

Get car at approx 7AM

Drive to some Disney park, and spend the day till about 4 PM.  Or maybe go to IOA.

Drive to Sapphire Falls and check in, and pick up my park tickets, ROF, and Express at front desk

Shower.

Walk outside and instantly need another shower.

Take water taxi to Citywalk

Enter HHN maybe 7ish

Circle park with Express, starting with tents

Check out show

Leave Midnightish

Grab a pizza at Red Oven to take back to hotel

Water taxi to Sapphire

I used to stay at the hotels on Major Blvd, and walked to HHN.  That walk back was a nightmare, so I later drove.  The traffic sucked, so I splurged for onsite one year.  And never looked back.

God bless the water taxi.

• Like 1

Getting to the park around 11 due to a later flight from home, so I'm just going to head to the back of the park through Hollywood, Central Park, and Springfield, hitting any houses under 35 minutes I see, then hit the tent houses due to the probable short wait times due to it being the end of the night (That's accurate, right? I've never been opening night). Afterwards, I'll head back through the route I took, hitting any other houses under 35 I missed the first trek. Might head through SF instead of the backtrack, not sure right now. If any time is left, I'll try to hit some Soundstage houses or H4, depending on which is the shortest.

Saturday is when I'll really get to take in the zones and hit every house for sure, but Friday might allow me to do the same if the late night lines aren't too crazy (Which I'm pretty sure they usually aren't).

• Like 1

I will have express so I’ll be a bit more chill, but I would say start in Stay and Scream in finigans or hello kitty, then as soon as they open do all front soundstage houses, then hit Halloween on the way across the park, by then lines will be long and it will be around 11, so I’ll do parades and tents, which being all original and one cult classic movie, should have much less wait. Then I will end up around 12-1 hopefully in time to see the last AoV, at which point I’ll get out and rush to redo whichever house I feel like.

• Like 1

Tuesday

Fly in at night, chill at the resort.  Drink.

Wednesday

Go to the parks in the late morning, get all our tickets, enjoy the parks, Finnegan's and then HHN.  Hit the biggies first without express, then visit the scare zones taking them in with a beverage or two or three, then use our express passes to do the entire circuit.  Pat O'Briens afterwards.

Thursday

Photography Day.  Do the UTH tour solo, meet up with friends at Finnegan's for Stay and Scream.  Group will repeat the plan from the prior night, but I'll go off solo to take pictures throughout the park before dark and then some more when it gets dark.  My friends get bored watching me taking pictures :)  Meet up with them later and hit up some stuff with Express.  Catch the AOV show.

Friday

Hang out at resort, maybe head to the parks in early afternoon and hit a few rides, do something for dinner in City Walk, then go to HHN and just run through everything with express no matter how short the lines.  Pick up an adult beverage or two.  Call it an early night.  Maybe pick up some souvenirs.

Saturday

Water Ride Day.  Wear our bathing suits and sandals to the park.  Do Bluto's Barge like 5 times.  Dudley's a few times based on the wait.  Then Jurassic Park a time or two.  Get a fruity frozen mixed drink from JP Land.  Go back to the resort to shower and change.  We should all be dragging ass at this point....drag our asses to HHN.  Probably skip a house or two we don't care for.  Crowds will piss us off.

Sunday

Our timeshare at the resort is Sun-Sun, so we have to "move" to near Kissimme where a friend's parents have a house...so have to pack up early and move.  One guy is flying home so bring him to the airport.  Then go to Miller Ale House for lunch and football, and then hit up HHN at night.  Just express what we want, maybe catch AOV again, pick up all the souvenirs we didn't get the other night, curse about how Sunday seems even busier than Saturday, head back to the house...and then start cursing about how we have to pack up our stuff again!

Monday

Wake up at the asscrack of dawn to pack up the rental, fill it up with gas, drop it off, and catch 9am flights back to NY and NC.  Curse the drive home from the airport, pass out on the couch.

Tuesday

Curse the world and wonder why the hell I'm at work at didn't take the day off.  Possibly check into rehab.

Edited by Oysterhead00
Translated ramblings into english
  • Like 3

I'm trying to figure out my game plan for opening night.

Is the opening scaremony at the gates worth getting there early for and waiting? Or is it better to just do stay and scream and get into the houses early? Is there a difference between the opening night scaremonies and any other night they open the gates or is it the same? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MGregorio594 said:

I'm trying to figure out my game plan for opening night.

Is the opening scaremony at the gates worth getting there early for and waiting? Or is it better to just do stay and scream and get into the houses early? Is there a difference between the opening night scaremonies and any other night they open the gates or is it the same? 

If it's your first year there, I would suggest getting up front to see the Scaremonies. It's pretty cool to see the characters coming down the street and chomping at the bit to get at you. Plus, you get swarmed just by entering the park.

Otherwise, just do S&S. You're not missing a whole lot.

21 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

If it's your first year there, I would suggest getting up front to see the Scaremonies. It's pretty cool to see the characters coming down the street and chomping at the bit to get at you. Plus, you get swarmed just by entering the park.

Otherwise, just do S&S. You're not missing a whole lot.

This will be my third year but every time I've gone my group and I do stay and scream or get there after the gates have already opened. That's why I'm wondering, though, if it's any different the opening night compared to any other night. Is it worth it to do it the first night where it will be one of the busiest nights or wait at the gates another night when it will be less busy if it's no different? 

27 minutes ago, MGregorio594 said:

This will be my third year but every time I've gone my group and I do stay and scream or get there after the gates have already opened. That's why I'm wondering, though, if it's any different the opening night compared to any other night. Is it worth it to do it the first night where it will be one of the busiest nights or wait at the gates another night when it will be less busy if it's no different? 

Without knowing exactly what they have planned for this year, I'd S&S opening night, and plan on waiting at the gate later in the season.

• Like 1

Some years it was held outside,  2002-2007, then 2008 on moved inside, most of the special opening night stuff is reserved for the media now.  Used to be held in Horror Make Up on opening night, but since outgrew that space.  We now have opening night inside Stage 33.  

2016 we got a Chance moment.

2017 we got a B&T moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...