House Line Pulsing

I have only been to HHN once, and that was a few years back. One of the biggest hurdles I came across (and I have seen others mention this) is the "Conga Lines"

How much room do you have to actually "self-pulse" the lines or is there a trick that you use to help increase your chances of getting the most scares?

** Cross posted for additional input

18 minutes ago, Insane24Se7en said:

How much room do you have to actually "self-pulse" the lines or is there a trick that you use to help increase your chances of getting the most scares?

You can usually walk a little slower and let the group in front of you get a bit ahead of you. That helps a lot.

You have to be careful with this though. If you try to hang back too much you'll get the hairy eyeball (and possibly yelled at) by the team members in the house.

6 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

You can usually walk a little slower and let the group in front of you get a bit ahead of you. That helps a lot.

You have to be careful with this though. If you try to hang back too much you'll get the hairy eyeball (and possibly yelled at) by the team members in the house.

Yeah, I have heard the tales of the line nazis and that is why I was asking. I don't want to get in trouble, but dammit I want what I am paying for too :)

Edited by Insane24Se7en

26 minutes ago, Insane24Se7en said:

Yeah, I have heard the tales of the line nazis and that is why I was asking. I don't want to get in trouble, but dammit I want what I am paying for too :)

Most aren't quite as bad as some people say. I typically just let the curtain fall between each room if we've caught up to the person in front of us. That usually gives enough time to mostly reset, but not so much that I get a talking to.

51 minutes ago, Insane24Se7en said:

"Nah, I don't think so. More like chewed out. I've been chewed out before."

Edited by Ueeediot
format error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Insane24Se7en said:

Literally pay them no attention. You arent going to get kicked out of the park for walking slow.

Now Im NOT saying be a prick about it... but we pay a ton to see these houses.... lets take it all in.

4 hours ago, Insane24Se7en said:

The only house I remember getting serious issues with the house attendants with was American Werewolf at 25, they literally would YELL and be rude and like getting in my face to hurry up. One walk through with one of my friends who has a disability in her legs who actually legit has to walk slow and has crutches was yelled at to hurry up...we complained to some house manager outside but was another issue that lead to AWIL 25 version being worse for me, and kinda stopped going to that house after so much abuse.

But I do find that to be an exception, most attendants aren't to bad. If I get a wave to hurry up I just look around the room like I am over-stimulated and can't possibly walk any faster or heck even sometimes I just give the attendant a thumbs up and that is good enough to and don't change my pace lol.

On some rare occasions house attendants can even be fun. I remember the house attendants of Asylum in Wonderland actually being cheerful and pretending to also be inmates in the asylum by dancing and etc. 

Honestly I've yet to see a real problem with the attendants, it's other guests behind you that may be more irritated, though most of them are usually fine too.  I'd say general rule of thumb I've observed over the last few years if you give yourself a little gap no problem so long as you keep moving, if you're holding back before each room for a fresh scare, holding up the line, and causing delays, expect people to speak up or bump into you!  if you keep that even gap between you and those ahead and it's a "reasonable" gap no worries!  Just try to remember how long the lines are though and how many people want to make it through in a night you know, everyone wants a chance so don't be "that guy" and it shouldn't affect you too much!! Obviously this all being said expect everyone to be a little more pushy about the most popular houses (another reason the originals are the gems of the event)

At HHN, unless you go to a house at the very end of the night, you are going to be in a conga line.  Last year I went to Scarecrow during final 15 min and went in about 5 times -- alone.  Was a great ending to my vacation.

What really sucked was the blackouts who kept telling me to hurry up even though I told them there is no one behind me.  I stopped listening to them.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, zombieman said:

At HHN, unless you go to a house at the very end of the night, you are going to be in a conga line.  Last year I went to Scarecrow during final 15 min and went in about 5 times -- alone.  Was a great ending to my vacation.

What really sucked was the blackouts who kept telling me to hurry up even though I told them there is no one behind me.  I stopped listening to them.

I think the conga lines catch a lot of newcomers off guard.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

9 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

I can't tell you how many times I've been shoved, kicked, stepped on and basically trampled in those freaking conga lines. They are not a short person's friend

Under 5ft here and YES I can attest to this lmao can't tell you how many times I've almost been elbowed in the face by drunks infront of me turning to see the scareactors behind them also!! I swear I'm gonna get my nose broken one of these days but ehh that comes with the short life concerts are no better 

Edited by ToxicodendronHEDERA92
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Under 5ft here and YES I can attest to this lmao can't tell you how many times I've almost been elbowed in the face by drunks infront of me turning to see the scareactors behind them also!! I swear I'm gonna get my nose broken one of these days but ehh that comes with the short life concerts are no better 

Right?? I'm 5'0 and last year I literally got pushed into a maze wall by some drunk dude, fell, and got stepped on by his dumb drunk buddies. I have a scar on my leg from it! It just sucks when instead of enjoying the maze and scareactors, I now have to stay hyper-aware of the guests around me so that I don't break something.

• Like 1