Seeds of Extinction

Mark M.

6 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I really dislike this house so far. 
 I know it is decent and good house. I am scared that this or stranger things will be house of the year.  

Did you go through last night?

you know it’s good, but you dislike it? You think it could be House if the Year? But you dislike it. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3

Absolutely incredible house and the best one I did tonight.

5/5

On 9/13/2018 at 12:17 AM, armyofrobots said:

I rebooted myself to tell you all to not miss this house. 

Top 5 of all time. Easily. 

I always look forward to reading your reviews. This really is a magnificent house.

On 9/13/2018 at 11:27 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I really dislike this house so far. 
 I know it is decent and good house. I am scared that this or stranger things will be house of the year.  

Not to immediately counter what I said above but after doing this house your comment makes perfect sense. I personally really liked it but understand how you can look at a house, see that it's incredibly well done (and will likely get HOTY) but at the same time feel that it does nothing for you on a scare level due to the subject material. 

Edited by Midnight Detective
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great house, has incredible environments but doesn't let up on the scares.

However, this one can give out some bad runs due to slow congas or lighting issues. I've personallly had one meh run and one fantastic run with basically just @sadbunny and me in the house alone.

Costume design is great, and scares are both numerous and varied as hell, the evolution of camo scares has really come a long way to get to these furry teeth bellied fellows.

Some great setpieces in this one as well, from the spores to the crashed plane.

Not sure if this one is in contending for HotY, but is definitely a pretty great house.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit

1 minute ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Great house, has incredible environments but doesn't let up on the scares.

However, this one can give out some bad runs due to slow congas or lighting issues. I've personallly had one meh run and one fantastic run with basically just @sadbunny and me in the house alone.

Costume design is great, and scares are both numerous and varied as hell, the evolution of camo scares has really come a long way to get to these furry teeth bellied fellows.

Some great setpieces in this one as well, from the spores to the crashed plane.

Not sure if this one is in contending for HotY, but is definitely a pretty great house.

I still do feel like they could have varied the costumes a bit more unless you really get in and look at them it's just a whole bunch of bushmen and even then there are only like three or four different masks

6 minutes ago, sadbunny said:

I still do feel like they could have varied the costumes a bit more unless you really get in and look at them it's just a whole bunch of bushmen and even then there are only like three or four different masks

I think it’s a bit more complicated than that...but it’s meant to be a dark house so the costumes’ little details don’t matter as much.

I’ve become incredibly jaded after having been to event so many years now. I didn’t think I could be scared - at least not to the point of a pure adrenaline rush like I desire. But this house proved me wrong in all the right ways. I usually get frightened if someone jumps out at me. Small yelp. A bit of laughter. Nothing more. This house had me screaming at the top of my lungs and doing what my husband called the “cute pitter patter” of my feet out of excitement and nervousness. I cannot wait to go through again! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This was definitely another case of my 2nd walkthrough being infinitely better than my first (and wound up being better than the 3rd as well). More actors were added and they were way more aggressive.

The sets are gorgeous and the way both air and water were utilized kicked everything up a notch in terms of immersion. 

Started at the near-bottom of my list after walkthrough 1. Walkthrough 2 elevated it to probably above Trick 'r Treat. 

So this is kind of a weird question but the thought crossed my mind waiting in line tonight - has there ever been another house like this one where it makes no sense for you to be there? In the story, everyone and everything but plants are dead, so logically there's no real shoes to fill. This isn't a complaint, I'm just curious if there's ever been an instance like this before.

15 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

So this is kind of a weird question but the thought crossed my mind waiting in line tonight - has there ever been another house like this one where it makes no sense for you to be there? In the story, everyone and everything but plants are dead, so logically there's no real shoes to fill. This isn't a complaint, I'm just curious if there's ever been an instance like this before.

Don’t have an answer, but I feel you!! Furthermore, if all animals are dead, that means the plants are either good on just carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or are herbivorous (cannibals!!!). Even if it made sense for humans to be back on earth, why would the plants be interested in eating them, or even have big teeth like they do??? That would be like us seeing a space rock and thinking “snack;” it’s like that meme of people pretending to confuse geodes with candy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itsabee said:

Don’t have an answer, but I feel you!! Furthermore, if all animals are dead, that means the plants are either good on just carbon dioxide in the atmosphere or are herbivorous (cannibals!!!). Even if it made sense for humans to be back on earth, why would the plants be interested in eating them, or even have big teeth like they do??? That would be like us seeing a space rock and thinking “snack;” it’s like that meme of people pretending to confuse geodes with candy.

Eh, I don't think the plants have a long term plan for survival. Could've easily been fixed by saying only a few humans remain.

Still, I find the opening scroll quite scary, since it kind of relates to a very pertinent concern.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

4 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Eh, I don't think the plants have a long term plan for survival. Could've easily been fixed by saying only a few humans remain.

Still, I find the opening scroll quite scary, since it kind of relates to a very pertinent concern.

Well, they’ve survived at least long enough for an infant and an adult human to fully decompose, sooo...

• Mark M. changed the title to Seeds of Extinction
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic