Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers

Mark M.

Wait a sec... John Murdy said the reason they're doing H4 is because they're going to represent ALL of the Halloween movies... So... Does that mean...

Halloween - HHN 24

Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield - HHN 26

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - HHN 28

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - HHN 30

Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers - HHN 32

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later - HHN 34

Halloween: Resurrection - HHN 36

Halloween 2007 - HHN 38

Halloween II 2009 - HHN 40

Halloween 2018 - HHN 42

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

Wait a sec... John Murdy said the reason they're doing H4 is because they're going to represent ALL of the Halloween movies... So... Does that mean...

Halloween - HHN 24

Halloween 2007 - HHN 38

Halloween 2018 - HHN 42

That’d be pretty cool. 

4 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Imperius on IU would lose his fucking mind.

Haha absolutely. 

On 8/15/2018 at 6:31 PM, HHN Pro said:

Halloween - HHN 24

Halloween 2007 - HHN 38

Halloween 2018 - HHN 42

Take out Curse, Resurrection and the Zombie remakes and I could live with it. Obviously I'm a huge Halloween fan, but even I hated those movies. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For me, this really felt like the last minute house it was, with minimal sets and very one-note scares. I didn't get the best run, but I've heard the cast has gotten quite good so I'm interested in giving this one more tries, although with the massive waits this one pulls in, I could see that being difficult.

It does keep to the film really well, but I would've liked a rooftop and schoolhouse scene, maybe even with a random blonde Michael in there for fun.

I do applaud them for the costume store scare, that is really well designed and got me and @sadbunny really well.

I'd say this is one of the weakest houses at this year's event, but is still pretty good.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had low, LOW expectations going into this. The walkthroughs I had seen online didn't seem super strong and I felt it was a tough movie to really do much with.

However, I will say that after 2 walkthroughs this was easily the best overall cast of actors across all houses. Every Michael went all-out, Jamie and the Loomises (Loomi?) were all having a lot of fun; and on our 2nd walkthrough, even with security having to walk into the house and stupid kids ahead of us, they still managed to remain unfazed and hit their marks. That's something I very rarely see, so kudos to them.

Also, much love to the Harvest actor keeping us entertained in the long queue on Thursday. MVP of the event.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2018 at 6:45 PM, faceleg said:

I didn't get scared in this house at all. They played Halloween 4 on AMC and then I went to HHN that night and I still didn't understand what some of the rooms were supposed to represent. 

Yeah I know the beginning is the hospital scene at the beginning then go into the next room is supposed to be ambulance crashing into the lake which is why Michael is just sorta walking, I really wish they could have done something better with that scene, all honestly they could scrapped that scene because the next scene you exiting out of the back of the ambulance to which Michael kills I'm guessing the driver and then from there you're basically journeying with Michael to the gas station and from there they kinda rush through to where he throws the electrician in the power station and there you go through back streets leading to Jamies' house with Loomis on pursuit, its really interesting how they did this house, I think they were just trying to work with the space but also find really good spots to get some good jumpscares for people. They centered the maze on Michael and Loomis and Jamie, the sister and anyone else has no mention at all. Did I think it was rushed? Idk what Universal was thinking but then again, I feel like it was space issue but all in all, I did like the ending where you get caught in the middle of Michael and Loomis and one last jumpscare which represents Jamie turning into her uncle at the end of the film, I know I missed one scene which is when Kenny's character is trying to protect rachel and jamie, I think that's one of the other scenes that is attached to the movie but yeah. The house had some original points for Michael was cool, I'd give that, it's not my favorite one, I think Halloween 2 has to be up there.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:00 AM, FaceBagman said:

I had low, LOW expectations going into this. The walkthroughs I had seen online didn't seem super strong and I felt it was a tough movie to really do much with.

However, I will say that after 2 walkthroughs this was easily the best overall cast of actors across all houses. Every Michael went all-out, Jamie and the Loomises (Loomi?) were all having a lot of fun; and on our 2nd walkthrough, even with security having to walk into the house and stupid kids ahead of us, they still managed to remain unfazed and hit their marks. That's something I very rarely see, so kudos to them.

Also, much love to the Harvest actor keeping us entertained in the long queue on Thursday. MVP of the event.

My walkthrough every Michael really caught me good on point and looks like they really did their homework, one Michael ran down the hallway scene in one of the rooms and tilted his head and slowly walked backwards and stood in the darkness, really cool to see this guy getting into the role of Michael and the one at the end of the house, my girlfriend was in front of me in one walkthrough and he looked at her and walked down the ramp and as we thought he was going to jump at her, Loomis on the right side began to shoot him and scared the hell outta us lol

On 8/21/2018 at 11:31 AM, TheShape1031 said:

Haha absolutely. 

Take out Curse, Resurrection and the Zombie remakes and I could live with it. Obviously I'm a huge Halloween fan, but even I hated those movies. 

Yeah I have to say my favorite has to be Halloween II even when HHN made it back at 26, I loved it, it was like walking into the film itself and in the middle of the action but I think they pretty much did it, Hollywood has done Halloween The Life and Crimes Of Michael Myers which has some of Michaels based off Rob Zombie's and the original. Halloween Michael Comes Home was based on the 1978 film, Halloween Hell Comes to Haddonfield based off Halloween II with the Silver Shamrock kids from Halloween III, so they referenced H-III a few times over the years in the Halloween mazes whether also the Silver Shamrock commercial, and then finally now with Halloween 4, I feel like we got this so that maybe there was opening for them to use Halloween 5, which some people say suck because of The Thorn storyline being added in, but I could see Universal doing something with that like they did with this maze and then trying to make it to the new Halloween (2018) film to bring to the event to make everything come full circle but with other film companies basically preventing Universal from getting the rights, it sucks that we might not see it, although we never know what could happen. Fingers crossed.

On 9/26/2018 at 11:50 AM, happy bunny rabbit said:

For me, this really felt like the last minute house it was, with minimal sets and very one-note scares. I didn't get the best run, but I've heard the cast has gotten quite good so I'm interested in giving this one more tries, although with the massive waits this one pulls in, I could see that being difficult.

It does keep to the film really well, but I would've liked a rooftop and schoolhouse scene, maybe even with a random blonde Michael in there for fun.

I do applaud them for the costume store scare, that is really well designed and got me and @sadbunny really well.

I'd say this is one of the weakest houses at this year's event, but is still pretty good.

I have to admit, yeah, I think Halloween and Halloween II have stuck out a bit more, I feel like they had a line of stuff they wanted to do with the house but it was just trying to put in all the key scenes they could and pack it into that soundstage, it is not as memorable as when they had Krampus back at 2016, my walkthroughs in the house were awesome and fun but the two scenes I did wonder if they would do them how they would portray the scenes well, I mean they could have the rooftop with some kind of mirror effect from a far but then again spacewise would make it difficult, my favorite scene still has to be when you enter the sheriffs' office where Michael is just tearing the one guys' arm and looks right at you and jumps out at you. That scene looked really cool.

• Like 1

Event is over so way late to the party but this house was the perfect example that a casts energy makes or breaks a house. My first time doing H4 was the best house I did all night and I told everyone about it. My second run (with a group of people I had hyped up for it) was disappointing and it dropped to the bottom tier of the event.

• Like 1

• Mark M. changed the title to Halloween 4: Return of Michael Myers
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic