Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After

Mark M.

ScaryTales-Deadly-Ever-After-Coming-to-Halloween-Horror-Nights-2018-1170x731.jpg

We’re all familiar with the classic fairytales and the warm, fuzzy feelings you get with the “happily ever after” endings. Well, you can kiss those warm, fuzzy feelings goodbye.

Everything good and decent has been stripped away as you’re thrown into the cursed realm of ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After.

• Love 1

This looks so awesome for so many reasons:
1. The 'Scary Tales' series has long been a real winner at HHN. 2008's 'Once Upon a Nightmare' was not just my favorite House that year, but one of my all- time favorite Houses I've hit in my eight years and counting of HHN. The design crew are just brilliant at bringing out the potential darker sides of those beloved stories.
2. Like faceleg, I'm a big fan of all things Oz- related and fairy tales as a whole.
3. The descriptions offered sound fascinating.

4. The location for it looks good.

btw, I noticed that one of the room- nicknames is "Toupee."
My theory for that is it'll be themed around Rapunzel, and maybe it'll involve her being scalped (So she'll need a "Toupee").

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

This looks so awesome for so many reasons:
1. The 'Scary Tales' series has long been a real winner at HHN. 2008's 'Once Upon a Nightmare' was not just my favorite House that year, but one of my all- time favorite Houses I've hit in my eight years and counting of HHN. The design crew are just brilliant at bringing out the potential darker sides of those beloved stories.
2. Like faceleg, I'm a big fan of all things Oz- related and fairy tales as a whole.
3. The descriptions offered sound fascinating.

4. The location for it looks good.

btw, I noticed that one of the room- nicknames is "Toupee."
My theory for that is it'll be themed around Rapunzel, and maybe it'll involve her being scalped (So she'll need a "Toupee").

I remember the room in Once Upon A Nightmare where her corpse was dangling from the castle wall:

I'd love for them to expand on that, especially since Tangled has come out since then.

Surprised HHN Bear isn't returning. The story they set up in the Three Bears room in OUAN was actually quite depressing: Goldilocks kills Mama and Baby Bear, and then Papa Bear (presumably) kills Goldilocks. The eight-foot tall Papa Bear was terrifying, but I felt really bad for him. :( :lol:

Really hoping for a Snow Queen room.

Legacy said that the facade (I'm guessing the witch's castle?) will take up almost 25 percent of the space. I'm pretty sure that back in March when Aiello teased "Splatter" that it was scene 7, so it'll be at least seven scenes long--and I don't see Humpty Dumpty being the finale (flying monkeys?). Therefore, I'm going to predict that Carnival Graveyard will be very short, though it's still my most anticipated just because of the "wide open" concept, and I think it has the widest range of potential (could be an all-time great or a complete flop).

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Legacy said that the facade (I'm guessing the witch's castle?) will take up almost 25 percent of the space. I'm pretty sure that back in March when Aiello teased "Splatter" that it was scene 7, so it'll be at least seven scenes long--and I don't see Humpty Dumpty being the finale (flying monkeys?). Therefore, I'm going to predict that Carnival Graveyard will be very short, though it's still my most anticipated just because of the "wide open" concept, and I think it has the widest range of potential (could be an all-time great or a complete flop).

A quarter of the space for that house. Divide the soundstage in half for each house. The facade for Scary Tales takes up about a quarter of that space.

In all honesty and at a glance, Graveyard is longer.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Insane24Se7en said:

Room nicknames?

You see, when the Houses are being developed, to avoid giving too much away in case the descriptions of rooms in those Houses are leaked, they use nicknames or code- names to describe each room.
During the announcement of 'Scary Tales' yesterday, it included this line:
"And with portions of the house nicknamed: “Revenge,” “Toupee,” and “Splatter” during development, you can bet the stories you grew up on will be ending very differently within this experience."
It has been confirmed that the room nicknamed "Splatter" is going to feature Humpty Dumpty, "Revenge" could be a nod to any one of a number of fairy tales, and so I theorized that "Toupee" was going to feature Rapunzel.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

You see, when the Houses are being developed, to avoid giving too much away in case the descriptions of rooms in those Houses are leaked, they use nicknames or code- names to describe each room.
During the announcement of 'Scary Tales' yesterday, it included this line:
"And with portions of the house nicknamed: “Revenge,” “Toupee,” and “Splatter” during development, you can bet the stories you grew up on will be ending very differently within this experience."
It has been confirmed that the room nicknamed "Splatter" is going to feature Humpty Dumpty, "Revenge" could be a nod to any one of a number of fairy tales, and so I theorized that "Toupee" was going to feature Rapunzel.

No I was aware of what room nicknames were, just thought there was maybe a list of nicknames spoiled somewhere.

That being said, I am highly anticipating Splatter after hearing the idea behind it. If they match that with an odor .. I may make some Splatter of a different kind.

Update, and possible spoilers!
The Orlando Informer articles on this year's HHN have included a couple new deets on 'Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After.'
In talking about what fairy tale characters would appear in it, there were a couple new mentions:
1. It confirms my suspicions that Rapunzel will be in it.
2. It apparently will also feature "Hansel and Gretel salivating for human flesh." Perhaps they'll be eating the Witch instead of the other way around and that'll be the "Revenge" room? In either case, I am glad they're doing a Hansel & Gretel room again for this one. Even just the original version of that story is pretty freaking scary when you think about it, and the Hansel & Gretel room in 'Once Upon a Nightmare' stuck out for me as being one of the scariest in that House.

Edited by Nightcrawler
  • Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 5:39 AM, Nightcrawler said:

The Orlando Informer articles on this year's HHN have included a couple new deets on 'Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After.'
In talking about what fairy tale characters would appear in it, there were a couple new mentions:
2. It apparently will also feature "Hansel and Gretel salivating for human flesh." Perhaps they'll be eating the Witch instead of the other way around and that'll be the "Revenge" room? In either case, I am glad they're doing a Hansel & Gretel room again for this one. Even just the original version of that story is pretty freaking scary when you think about it, and the Hansel & Gretel room in 'Once Upon a Nightmare' stuck out for me as being one of the scariest in that House.

They said Rapunzel was gonna be in it on the live feed, and that her hair has become sentient. 

On 8/23/2018 at 6:39 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Eh, since the witch was the villain anyway, wouldn't that take away from the scariness? Unless they want to eat everyone...

• 2 weeks later...

OMG, I loved every minute of this House!
It has easily THE best entrance facade of any House I've seen in all of my now nine years of attending HHN, it was flat- out gorgeous!
I had a couple questions, though, for others who've been through the House.
SPOILERS!
1. In the Oz room in the beginning, we see Dorothy in a cage, Scarecrow tied to the wall, and an animatronic of the Lion lunging at us. However, I didn't see the Tin Man anywhere. Did any of you guys see him in it?
2. In the Little Miss Muffet room, were there any actual Scareactors? All I saw was the little dummy of Muffet and the spider dummies near the end.

• Like 2

Just now, Gambit said:

Does anyone know the words to the curse the witch is saying at the start of the house? It's a little hard to hear.

I believe this is what she says:

Come one, come all! To a place where there are NO happy endings! Here, in my fairytale realm, none of these fairytales will ever end happily ever after once again! Now that they are all under my control, I will make sure they all become scary tales! They will all live deadly ever after!!! *maniacal laugh*

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, OrangeRyan said:

Does anyone know the full spiel the Witch says during the first opening Hallway?

Something along the lines of "When hinges creak in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still — that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!   Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination — hmm? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors… which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! (Laughs.) Of course, there’s always my way."

I may be wrong...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Something along the lines of "When hinges creak in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls. Whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still — that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight!   Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis. Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is it your imagination — hmm? And consider this dismaying observation: this chamber has no windows and no doors… which offers you this chilling challenge: to find a way out! (Laughs.) Of course, there’s always my way."

I may be wrong...

Oh! This is exactly it! I knew it sounded familiar!!!! Thank you! I couldn't hear with all the other sounds in the haunted house! Thank you! ;)

Walkthrough 3 on Saturday night was finally the perfect run through this house! Facade witch was grooving, the Wizard of Oz room characters changed up, the mirror witch changed position, I got every smell even stronger, and Humpty Dumpty finally managed to have actors that actually popped out and interacted instead of standing there looking ill. 

I have so much love for this one. Tough to top Slaughter and Poltergeist, but this one rivals them both for favorite house as a whole. Rapunzel and facade witch actresses were among the hardest working at the event, love them!

• Like 1

I'm mixed on this house. It always seemed to be missing actors, or I just had bad timing almost every run. But it was gorgeous and a lot of fun. I got barfed on just about every time I went through the Humpty room. I tried to stall and catch the flying witch at the end, but then there was a second witch in that room who scared me forward so I never got to see that. I still don't understand the Little Mermaid room. The pigs got me almost every time.

One run, we walked in on the witch getting attached to her rig, but when they finished she flew right over my head so it made it awesome!

• Mark M. changed the title to Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic