Horrors of Blumhouse

Mark M.

15 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

This house isn't... Bad per se. It's just okay.

The HDD part is hands-down the best part of the house since it follows the movie very well, and of course you have Babyface everywhere. I also love the surprise Babyface in the transition from HDD to TFP (also, they should have a surprise Babyface at the end of the house rather than the purger).

Then... Ya got The First Purge. Let me just say this right off the bat: This section sucks. Even thought it's literally built to be Purge, it still feels tacked on and like it replaced a different property. The scares are out-in-the-open rather than cleverly hidden like in HDD, and... It's Purge. It feels exactly like Scream The Purge from 2015. And I've already said it before, but: The Purge, no matter what, doesn't make a good house. It's not meant to be a house. It lends itself to be a scare zone more, and the two we've had were both some of the best scare zones HHN has ever had.

I really don't get why this couldn't have just been "The Horrors of Blumhouse: Happy Death Day" or just "Happy Death Day". HDD lends itself to be a house, and it makes a great half-house in here, but then it has to end and become more Purge. Like, is there some sort of contract that requires them to have the house involving Purge or something?

But anyway, this house is just okay. If it were all HDD, it'd probably be a good, maybe even great house. But nope, TFP has to ruin everything.

If THoBH returns next year (which, unfortunately it probably will), I'd like to see them do Happy Death Day 2 U, and just HDD2U. And if they're to do two properties again, then Happy Death Day 2 U and... The Girl? Since it's in Hollywood's house this year, I could see them doing The Girl.

Rating: 3/5

I guess you can love the house if you love the movie, because as someone that does Not care at all about the movie and found it boring, the house is just as boring. 

it was very boring and tedious to see the same room over and over again. it felt like a waste of space, like a waste of a house. as a Non fan of the movie, it was lame to get to see the same room over and over again. there was nothing cool about it. it might be one of the most boring things about this year. 
I do totally undertand your love since the house is faithful to the movie, but, i mean really , seeing the same room over and over, thats just really boring and annoying. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Meh, it's Blumhouse. Happy Death Day was better on Thursday, First Purge was better on Saturday. Very happy to get my favorite character from First Purge (and the only character/costume in that movie I enjoyed) on Satruday, because he wasn't in his window on Thursday and instead I just got hit by water with nobody there to "shoot" it at me, lol.

I will say that at night, I could appreciate the small variants in the Happy Death Day sets a lot more. The garage is cool to walk through, as well as the party room and the Purge intro room.

Bottom of the list, but at least the cast tried their best with what little they had.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think it was something that was very last minute, I feel like we’re going to end up with Truth Or Dare and Unfriended and Universal ended up just keep Purge and Happy Death Day, I’m guessing next year just shows that we might see the return of Happy Death Day 2 U and maybe Split or something else but I bet it will stay as a double house which I don’t mind :) this year’s house was interesting, I liked the movie but was not interested much in HDD but I did love Purge, I did love the transition to it as well. I do hope next year that Universal bring back the interactive facade from 2017 with some more effects that was better than this year’s facade. 

On 10/11/2018 at 12:15 PM, clash said:

I guess you can love the house if you love the movie, because as someone that does Not care at all about the movie and found it boring, the house is just as boring. 

it was very boring and tedious to see the same room over and over again. it felt like a waste of space, like a waste of a house. as a Non fan of the movie, it was lame to get to see the same room over and over again. there was nothing cool about it. it might be one of the most boring things about this year. 
I do totally undertand your love since the house is faithful to the movie, but, i mean really , seeing the same room over and over, thats just really boring and annoying. 

Happy Death Day was very repetitive, I think it was like more was done for The First Purge which I feel could have been better as a solo maze to make up for the one at 2015 

• Mark M. changed the title to Horrors of Blumhouse
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic