HHN XX Website Updates

Mark M.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody remember precisely when the archive site (you know, this one>http://websites.horrornights.be/archives/) went up last year? I seem to think it was in May, does anybody have the exact date?

EDIT - after checking last year's website thread, it seems likely that the archive site went up on Monday, June 1, 2009 and the teaser site went up on Thursday, June 25, 2009.

If this is incorrect please advise me, but following this pattern we should expect the archive site up this year about four weeks from now on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 with a teaser up perhaps by Thursday, June 24, 2010?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Does anybody remember precisely when the archive site (you know, this one>http://websites.horrornights.be/archives/) went up last year? I seem to think it was in May, does anybody have the exact date?

EDIT - after checking last year's website thread, it seems likely that the archive site went up on Monday, June 1, 2009 and the teaser site went up on Thursday, June 25, 2009.

If this is incorrect please advise me, but following this pattern we should expect the archive site up this year about four weeks from now on Tuesday, June 1, 2010 with a teaser up perhaps by Thursday, June 24, 2010?

Now that i think about it, i think your right.

It was also raining the day the site got updated..*idk why i remembered that sorry :lol: *

Wow, it feels like its taking so much longer to update this year :blink:

Well technically it never left...

It's still there:

right here

But it does feel like it's slow going on the updates... I've already heard some updates on HOS.

But I think you're right... I would check the "other" site but they still haven't fixed it so that I can look at the old threads. But nick posed the June 1st one so its probably really close to if not the day.

Edited by JWFearman

yea it does feel like its taking longer for updates, but since this is a big year hopefully we will get them much sooner

As far as official updates go, we are precisely on schedule as last year, in fact a little ahead with the latest official clue given a few days ago i.e. Arts and Crafts.

(I love the fact that here on HNN we can type "i.e." without it coming out as "I.e." like it does on the Vault!)

But it may seem like we had more information this time last year, simply due to stuff being unofficially leaked. By this time last year we had already guessed about The Wolfman being involved due to Roddy's clue "CLASSIC" and many of us also guessed about Frankenstein and Dracula, I even guessed correctly about the Phantom of the Opera!

We also had more leaked info because the fellows who put together haunted attractions based on Saw, blabbed about it.

Another tidbit that turned out to be accurate came about this time last year when Jakemeister heard at Hot Topic of all places that the main "icons" of the event were "Wolfman, Saw and Chucky". Jake, if you are reading this I think maybe you should head back to Hot Topic soon!

Then of course, we also had that naughty leaked document floating around early last year confirming Wolfman, Saw, Chucky, Frankenstein and Dracula, the return of RHPS, and giving us a heads up about Silver Screams, the Usher and Fangoria.

It was nearly one year ago in May of last year that the "code-words" for the 8 houses were discovered from the work permits. I expect that Chad, or some other enterprising soul will uncover this year's code words sometime in the next couple of weeks!

But official information should not be available until the last week of June when the teaser site will likely be up at last, and even then it should be vague and suggestive so that we will be arguing about just what it pertains to on the Vault. (But here at this site we will have very calm and polite discussions.)

As far as official updates go, we are precisely on schedule as last year, in fact a little ahead with the latest official clue given a few days ago i.e. Arts and Crafts.

(I love the fact that here on HNN we can type "i.e." without it coming out as "I.e." like it does on the Vault!)

But it may seem like we had more information this time last year, simply due to stuff being unofficially leaked. By this time last year we had already guessed about The Wolfman being involved due to Roddy's clue "CLASSIC" and many of us also guessed about Frankenstein and Dracula, I even guessed correctly about the Phantom of the Opera!

We also had more leaked info because the fellows who put together haunted attractions based on Saw, blabbed about it.

Another tidbit that turned out to be accurate came about this time last year when Jakemeister heard at Hot Topic of all places that the main "icons" of the event were "Wolfman, Saw and Chucky". Jake, if you are reading this I think maybe you should head back to Hot Topic soon!

Then of course, we also had that naughty leaked document floating around early last year confirming Wolfman, Saw, Chucky, Frankenstein and Dracula, the return of RHPS, and giving us a heads up about Silver Screams, the Usher and Fangoria.

It was nearly one year ago in May of last year that the "code-words" for the 8 houses were discovered from the work permits. I expect that Chad, or some other enterprising soul will uncover this year's code words sometime in the next couple of weeks!

But official information should not be available until the last week of June when the teaser site will likely be up at last, and even then it should be vague and suggestive so that we will be arguing about just what it pertains to on the Vault. (But here at this site we will have very calm and polite discussions.)

yea i mean here is not as many people so we can have good dicussions (until some throws a chair lol)

and dr.jimmy when did the LT site go up 2 years ago it has slipped my memories

Right well tey said at hauntCon that they would be impossibly hard to decipher... Maybe just a number? Hopefully not. I would prefer a riddle to occupy our time.

I did check the site but, unfortunately cannot find the permits from this year... Perhaps filed differently... and just going by 1000 Universal Studios pz... gives you 300 some odd applications and it refuses to list any more than 250.

So someone will probably have to go down there to get the names... Unless you are a better guesser than I.

Edited by JWFearman

Right well tey said at hauntCon that they would be impossibly hard to decipher... Maybe just a number? Hopefully not. I would prefer a riddle to occupy our time.

I did check the site but, unfortunately cannot find the permits from this year... Perhaps filed differently... and just going by 1000 Universal Studios pz... gives you 300 some odd applications and it refuses to list any more than 250.

So someone will probably have to go down there to get the names... Unless you are a better guesser than I.

Same thing happened to me. That site should change it and let you view it under 1000. Cause 250 is just too small!

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the LT site will look the same or well they give it a make over.

Hopefully the copyright date on the HHN site will change soon as well the media site will go down.

I'm sure they will give it a makeover. If I'm correct it has a bunch of HHN 18 things on there so they will have to update it to the HHN 20 LT information.

I wonder when they'll have the new site up? Shouldn't they at least have the Archival version of it (The drawers with videos, papers, etc., pertaining to each year) up by now?

The archive site goes up about June 1st or the beginning of June, if I'm correct. It goes up sometime around there.

Beginning of June or the end of May. That's also about the time we start getting hints and house codenames. Generally, any rumors from credible sources released around this time period will be true.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know guys USO hasn't even updated the park hours yet for sept and oct, this is the lastest they have done this in the 7 years we have been going that they have released that info. I think we may get alot of information at once, or we my just get it later this year because of HP.

Tomorrow is June 1st, and if we are on the same schedule as last year, we should see the HHN 19: Ripped from the Silver Screen website go down and be replaced with the Archival Site.

This normally doesn't tell us much about the upcoming event, BUT this year is supposedly a retrospective year, so it may actually contain lots of stuff we will see at HHN XX after all!

Tomorrow is June 1st, and if we are on the same schedule as last year, we should see the HHN 19: Ripped from the Silver Screen website go down and be replaced with the Archival Site.

This normally doesn't tell us much about the upcoming event, BUT this year is supposedly a retrospective year, so it may actually contain lots of stuff we will see at HHN XX after all!

Well, I just checked and unfortunately the Palace Theatre still takes the stage :(. Hopefully we will get the update later tonight? They normally release the updates late at night anyways! I'm hoping for the best!

As much as I hate to say this, we are about 2 weeks or so behind on last years schedule. We just now got the building permits but no code names. Stupid Potter Law :angry:, at this rate we probably wont get the archive site till June 15th or around there. Although it is possible it will be updated today it is more likely to be updated this week. With this set back, the teaser site wont be up for a while :(, ughh I just hope they get back on schedule so we don't have to wait longer than normal!!!

Edit: Corrected grammar and spelling errors.

Edited by hhnfan16