HHN XX Website Updates

Mark M.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I decompiled the new site and made a short video of all the videos that pop up on the new site update.

They're pretty hard to see on the site so this should be easier to view. It gives us a tiny sneak peek to what's inside of the houses.

Awesome, thank you for that. The images definitely make the houses look more intense. I'm so excited for everything I've seen so far.

Finally woke up to look at the site update. I'm excited for HHN but this web update was completely anti-climatic to me. One of the weakest web sites that Universal has had in a while. Most of the houses and scare zones do sound really good though so I'm anxious for the event to start. I guess I was just hoping for more inter-activity on the site rather than just s simple house / zone listing. And when will the event map be up?

Finally woke up to look at the site update. I'm excited for HHN but this web update was completely anti-climatic to me. One of the weakest web sites that Universal has had in a while. Most of the houses and scare zones do sound really good though so I'm anxious for the event to start. I guess I was just hoping for more inter-activity on the site rather than just s simple house / zone listing. And when will the event map be up?

I think there is still more to come for the website. I may be wrong, but we've still got time. =]

I enjoyed the update a lot. It's dark and mysterious and still leaves us with an element of surprise. It's gives people just enough to leave them wanting more, which is brilliant to me.

I think there is still more to come for the website. I may be wrong, but we've still got time. =]

I enjoyed the update a lot. It's dark and mysterious and still leaves us with an element of surprise. It's gives people just enough to leave them wanting more, which is brilliant to me.

I would hope that there was something else, but I think this is it, I don't really see what else they can add to it, besides the map or a Picture of Fear,

besides since this year is looking to be really brutal and dark and scary, I don't think they could add stuff like they did in the past

I'm quite happy with the site! Still hasn't given to much of the event away, but we know the houses, and we know the scarezones. All of which are awesome and I can't wait to experience them! Also, they can do quite a few things with the site, and they'll be updating the News section I'm sure. I also really like that they brought Psycosarapy back. One come back is nice, and I think it will be great. We have a great mix of houses this year.

I'm glad we'll actually be seeing Fear at the event ;)

Edited by Goo

While many people seem to be disgruntled by the fact that there's not clickables strewn across the site, I've gotta say I like the simplicity of it. It's straight to the point. There's not random things tossed about on the page flashing and making weird noises. It's very dark, very alone, and very appropriate.

I love it :)

While many people seem to be disgruntled by the fact that there's not clickables strewn across the site, I've gotta say I like the simplicity of it. It's straight to the point. There's not random things tossed about on the page flashing and making weird noises. It's very dark, very alone, and very appropriate.

I love it :)

Yeah I agree with everything you said, specially the alone part, I think being the 20, and having fear and seeing how it will be so scary, maybe if there were clikables it might have made the site less scary,

One year that had a lot of stuff in the site was 07, and while is my favorite year and I loved the site, it was playful, not scary, it was fun, same with 09, they were fun sites, but this one is freaky

I guess for me, I get involved (caught in the atmosphere so to speak) when I spend more than 5 minutes on a site with nothing to click on or really even look at. Compared to previous years and compared to the competition, this year's HHN site leaves a lot to be desired for me. Give me enough info to go through so I can really get into the mood rather than... click, read ... okay now I'll go read some other page. I hope they do keep adding updates (simple things such as the map) but I doubt I'll keep checking it every day now that I have a basic theme & house list.

I agree with Barbarek Derek... There is a lot to be desired. Nothing like the past 4-5 years but maybe that is the point. I don't believe their is more to come besides the map. I think this is why my anticipation for the event isn't as high as I hoped it would be.

Overall, I love the site and absolutely loved the build up to the reveal this year.

I'm really interested to see how they are going to pull off the "ghost" houses. Some of the scarezones look kinda "meh" though in my opinion. Hopefully strolling through them on opening night will change my mind :-)

First of all - love all of the houses and scarezones announced. They sound fantastic. FEAR is creepy as hell, and while I'm disappointed we don't get a better look at him, it just makes me more anxious for the event.

That said - I'm gonna have to agree with the naysayers that this site is lacking in the interactivity, compared to any of the previous years. I don't need random things shoved in my face, but I loved the interactivity that allowed me to examine objects and sets for further backstory information (see 06, 07, to an extent 08). Right now we have a pretty bare bones site - I sent it to my friend, and she asked me "wait, where's all the fun little clickable stuff"? Sadly wasn't sure what to tell her.

Still, love FEAR, love the houses/zones, can't wait for the event.

I believe there is more to come on the site. There are still mysteries to solve involving LT, but beyond that it is known that scareactors have been cast in Kidzone.

But, only six scarezones have been revealed. Is something else going to go down in Kidzone besides a scarezone? Or will there be one of those extra zones like Shadows of the Past last year added in later?

Also every previous year the Icon has taken front stage in preliminary advertisements - but this year we barely see Fear. My immediate guess is they do not wish to spoil his first appearance until after opening weekend when we will see him in his full glory.

After that happens it may well be that he will have a more prominent "in your face" presence on the site and other advertising. For those who can remember it - think of the Jack billboards in the year 2000. They very slowly built up the anticipation about just what was in that box until he was revealed in September closer to the start of the event. Then he was everywhere.

I just don't think we have the full story of what to expect this year, and so my gut reaction is that this isn't all the site will ultimately contain.

We will have to wait and see.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

At first I wasn't too sure about the big update. Usually when the final update hits the impact is overwhelming. This time it was the opposite. In the last couple hours I've grown to appreciate the simplicity and ambiguity of it all.

I believe there is more to come on the site. There are still mysteries to solve involving LT, but beyond that it is known that scareactors have been cast in Kidzone.

But, only six scarezones have been revealed. Is something else going to go down in Kidzone besides a scarezone? Or will there be one of those extra zones like Shadows of the Past last year added in later?

Also every previous year the Icon has taken front stage in preliminary advertisements - but this year we barely see Fear. My immediate guess is they do not wish to spoil his first appearance until after opening weekend when we will see him in his full glory.

After that happens it may well be that he will have a more prominent "in your face" presence on the site and other advertising. For those who can remember it - think of the Jack billboards in the year 2000. They very slowly built up the anticipation about just what was in that box until he was revealed in September closer to the start of the event. Then he was everywhere.

I just don't think we have the full story of what to expect this year, and so my gut reaction is that this isn't all the site will ultimately contain.

You sir are very wise.

I agree 100%

i love the site... there is this creepy feel to it... anticipation for me has grown even more now... i hope that they could possible add a clickable item to each house so that we can get background info of each house like in 06 and 07... theres still a good amount of time left before opening night so i think it could be a possibilty of those clickables being added in the next couple of weeks

Not true. The Usher was used for 0 advertisements, he wasnt even on the corner of the billboard. And at the event itself you could even buy anything with him on it.

BUT I did drive past a billboard yesterday in downtown that has Fears teeth on it .

Not true. The Usher was used for 0 advertisements, he wasnt even on the corner of the billboard. And at the event itself you could even buy anything with him on it.

BUT I did drive past a billboard yesterday in downtown that has Fears teeth on it .

What Jimmy said is true. You're comparing two years that are completely different. Back on topic, downloadable wallpapers and the event map should both be up real soon. :)