HHN XX Website Updates

Mark M.

It could also be our mummy house, since that costume doesn't look like the ones from Dead Exposure (those were more along the lines of zombies and had a bit more texture).

What I'm wondering is what exactly is up with that costume/dummy. Part of the head looks transparent and some of it looks like light reflecting off of glass in front of it. It could just be a photo effect, but it's still weird.

Yeah, it does look like a mummy, but look closer at the painted background figures... they're clearly zombies, as they're wearing modern clothing.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's a DOW, and it really does stand for dog of war doesn't it?

Also is that the lamp from A Christmas Story???

The snap of a few sparks, a quick whiff of ozone, and the lamp blazed forth in unparalleled glory.

Oh, look at that! Will you look at that? Isn't that glorious? It's... it's... it's indescribably beautiful! It reminds me of the Fourth of July!

Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.

It seems like the parade house is going to be such a treasure trove of HHN Memorabilia. I wish they would include it on the Behind the Scenes Tour and make it the "museum section" that usually accompanies it.

But on topic, it seems that a majority of the picture being released are from the parade house. I wonder if it's the most completed or if they just want to make the fans happy by showing props we remember.

BTW, the clown face is from Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision and IS located in the parade house. ;)

What is the dow? The thing... uh thing... :P It is interesting. I would have never expected anything like the thing.

So SS 23A and b now confirmed...

The gentleman does indeed have keys. It's definitely a heart... and not a badge.. some weird mechanical thing. Still can't tell what is behind his back... looks more like a billy club now.

notice the reflective ceiling on the prison-esque house.. that sounds grandiose!

I agree the "mummy" looks like DE.

The signs in the limbs pic... one looks like "MB" with a pillar in a cartoony crest. The large one behind the "lamp" looks like it says "Terror BO..." or "RO" something.

The skeleton definitely looks like it has Mexican influences... especially with those little flair things.

Sort of. It's from Psychoscarepy: Home From The Holidays from 2007. They had a lot of Christmas gags, as you may imagine, and that lamp was right next to where you entered the first house. It looks like it'll be getting some more use this year; that's a hell of a lot of body parts. What house would that be from?

Sort of. It's from Psychoscarepy: Home From The Holidays from 2007. They had a lot of Christmas gags, as you may imagine, and that lamp was right next to where you entered the first house. It looks like it'll be getting some more use this year; that's a hell of a lot of body parts. What house would that be from?

I remember that. i went though my pic archives of that house... lol seems like I have a pic of everything else :P

BUT I did find a pic of the Mary Shaw in the casket:

ds_005.jpg

not the same angle though... but it does show the red satin. From this I don't see anything different.

Sorry to cross topics...

Edited by JWFearman

And a beautiful lamp it was.

03Scareapy1009Medium.jpg

not the same angle though... but it does show the red satin. From this I don't see anything different.

Sorry to cross topics...

02DeadSilence1008Medium.jpg

Edited by C_D

I remember that. i went though my pic archives of that house... lol seems like I have a pic of everything else :P

ds_005.jpg

Sorry to cross topics...

Wow, that looks like my grandmother. Except less evil.

Oh, you think I'm kidding. I'm not.

No its facing towards everything. Back towards JAWS is nothing (been that way for a long time) except the orphanage. but even if it was facing the other what difference would it make? People come and go both directions and there is only one front. You wouldn't face it towards disaster or away from disaster either as it would take up too much room and the the front is facing no one.

This confirms the mardi Gras theme scare zone but causes trouble with "one picture one area" idea as the glowing skull guy everyone assumed would be here. unless he is elsewhere...

My bad perspective on that because of lack of observation. I thot it was closer to the cart there that sells those bracelets but you guys are saying there's a walkway between this prop and the cart that sells the jewelry & bracelets?? Therefore placing it in the middle of the fake cable car turner as Dr Jimmy said. Man my perspective on that picture saw differently

Edited by gatoralex

Not only that, but when the markings on the photographs are finally deciphered, they will say "DRINK MORE OVALTINE".

Hi-Frikin-larious!

My bad perspective on that because of lack of observation. I thot it was closer to the cart there that sells those bracelets but you guys are saying there's a walkway between this prop and the cart that sells the jewelry & bracelets?? Therefore placing it in the middle of the fake cable car turner as Dr Jimmy said. Man my perspective on that picture saw differently

no worries at all. My guess is they will move the exit to Disaster! Like they did in 2008. Would be kind of hectic to leave a house and dump into a SZ...

Edited by JWFearman

Careful. Knowing this site, someone will inevitably believe you.

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a bitch!"

Also, is Ovaltine a HHN sponsor this year? :P

EDIT: Just to let everyone know that I am joking about this before I get reamed. :D

Edited by fireman617

Although the full update will happen next Thursday revealing the official names and descriptions of all the Houses, Scarezones and Shows, there will likely be additional small updates even after that, as has been in past years.

Particularly with the ongoing LT investigations in which much more new data will continue to arrive leading up to the actual event.

In 2008, there was not much added to the main website after the big update, but this year I somehow do not expect that we will learn all the mysteries that have been going on until after we get involved with the on-site investigations at HHN XX.

One thing I wonder about, the image of the Lantern engulfed in flames that we have seen in the email updates from Universal. Will this happen before next Thursday or on next Thursday? If before, what would the Lantern look like afterward?

Or will the owner of the Lantern be revealed?

There have been many rumors of a new character never before seen to come and stand along, or in the place of the previous Icons.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

as mentioned above, the site is changing. the cursor now acts as a flashlight as the site appears to be getting darker. once in the lantern, the screen appears to shake and a strange growling can now be heard in the background