HHN XX Website Updates

Mark M.

The cart with the wheels is the Rat Lady, The Disaster is the Clash of the Titans or mythology House, So far the pictures are not telling a lot of anything...

Actually, the Mythology house is all the way over in the Soundstages. Disaster is the RUN-esque carnie game show from Hell house.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you compare the two pictures of the Pegasus float it looks like they may be destroying it some. Maybe like a Mardi Gras parade gone horrible wrong.

24666_435092938641_588308641_5613760_5219650_n.jpg

image308.png

The way they have it positioned is very weird, facing away from everything? I mean I guess it could be something we see in the disaster house but it doesn't match the theming speculation we've had for the disaster house. And it's facing away from the rumored scarezone. Unless as someone said it's a Mardi GRAS parade gone wrong which if it's a bunch of crashed floats and SA's walkin around sounds kinda dumb, I like the idea of a new Orleans+ marxdi GRAS+ voodoo Feel

I think it's time for Dr Jimmy to give us a speculatory breakdown on how this could be connected.......

The way they have it positioned is very weird, facing away from everything? I mean I guess it could be something we see in the disaster house but it doesn't match the theming speculation we've had for the disaster house. And it's facing away from the rumored scarezone. Unless as someone said it's a Mardi GRAS parade gone wrong which if it's a bunch of crashed floats and SA's walkin around sounds kinda dumb, I like the idea of a new Orleans+ marxdi GRAS+ voodoo Feel

I think it's time for Dr Jimmy to give us a speculatory breakdown on how this could be connected.......

No its facing towards everything. Back towards JAWS is nothing (been that way for a long time) except the orphanage. but even if it was facing the other what difference would it make? People come and go both directions and there is only one front. You wouldn't face it towards disaster or away from disaster either as it would take up too much room and the the front is facing no one.

This confirms the mardi Gras theme scare zone but causes trouble with "one picture one area" idea as the glowing skull guy everyone assumed would be here. unless he is elsewhere...

Edited by JWFearman

From what is known at this time we can say the float would not fit with the theme of the Disaster house, that coupled with LT stating that Universal is not telling the "Whole Truth" leads me to think that I may have touched on something back on August 7th. In that episode of Horror Night News we stated that it is possible that Universal is giving the wrong locations to scareactors, to throw off speculation, you throw in the out of place float and it tends to lead one to think they are in fact giving us red herrings, some truth, just giving the wrong locations.

Edited by Pha_Q

From what is known at this time we can say the float would not fit with the theme of the Disaster house, that coupled with LT stating that Universal is not telling the "Whole Truth" leads me to think that I may have touched on something back on August 7th. In that episode of Horror Night News we stated that it is possible that Universal is giving the wrong locations to scareactors, to throw off speculation, you throw in the out of place float and it tends to lead one to think they are in fact giving us red herrings, some truth, just giving the wrong locations.

Ah, good point. Maybe the float would be by Mel's Diner or over by Twister, etc? Or...possibly...at the front gate?

The float would not fit the theme of the Disaster! House, but why does this confuse people? We know where the facade to that house is! It is located in an area that is usually backstage, the same area where the entrance/facades for houses in this location have usually been. We have even seen what this facade looks like. The design is one of the other Lantern photographs. There have also been illegally taken photos of this actual facade posted elsewhere online.

So why would this float placed nowhere near the entrance to the house, but rather near the entrance to the Disaster! ride have anything to do with the house?

It is placed smack-dab in the middle of San Francisco, in front of the premiere attraction in that area, sitting on the faux cable car turntable. Clearly it is part of the San Francisco scarezone.

This would imply that I and many others were mistaken about the Skeleton costume being in this scarezone. So then where would it be? Perhaps another scarezone? Such as the one located on Plaza of the Stars. Maybe we will have both a Festival of the Dead and a Midway of the Bizarre?

Also people seem to have forgotten all about the mysterious scarezone in Kidzone with the "willow huts". God only knows which of these Lantern pictures would fit that one? Maybe that cart that everyone keeps thinking is for the Rat Lady.

So, the idea of a parade gone wrong got me thinking. I started to think that the way everything this year was tied in, is that they are all floats in this parade. (Sounds dumb, eh?) Well, we have a Greek Mythology house, and a Greek Mythology float. "But what about the lantern?" I thought. Well, I remembered the 2004 website, and,

http://websites.horrornights.be/2004site/parade.html

Yes, I know it's dumb, but hey! It fit!

And I find it odd that Rat Lady was cast in the Parade building, but her glass coffin is going to be elsewhere. This either means that "Rat Lady" was a code name, that the coffin will be used for something else, or that there will be a Rat Lady doppelganger.

And I find it odd that Rat Lady was cast in the Parade building, but her glass coffin is going to be elsewhere. This either means that "Rat Lady" was a code name, that the coffin will be used for something else, or that there will be a Rat Lady doppelganger.

Rat Lady has been in houses and on the street, has she ever done both in the same year? I thought for a second she had, but then realized that she'd been in Fear Factor in 2002 and in Immortal Island in 2003. The strong similarity between Immortal Island and island of Lost Souls confused me briefly. So has she? I don't recall such a time.

But, why is Rat Lady the only person to be exhibited in a glass coffin? What if somebody died? Sometimes important people like Lenin, Chairman Mao or Jack the Clown get entombed in a glass coffin for public display. That's just a guess/wishful thinking on my part folks!

Dr. Jimmy, I think the point was that as in years past the theme at the exit, SF Street, of the Disaster house has matched the house when they have had a scarezone there. TCM was a good example.

Ah, well then there still may be a connection of sorts as included in the Disaster! queue house will be a Carny and apparently a Carnival midway, so there may yet be some sort of festival atmosphere in the house that may not be entirely inconsistent with the scarezone. This does not have to be out of character with what we know about the house, the game could easily be set up as some sort of midway or carnival attraction and the guests will see a continuation of the same sort of experience when they come running out of the house.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I think Dr. Jimmy, as always, has hit the mark. I'm guessing that the Disaster house would be based around a carnival midway where guests are forced through different games while being chased and attacked. Judging from the facade (apparently warehouse-style) and garage, I'm thinking it might be some kind of "underground" entertainment hidden in an industrial district of the city with carnival styling. A Mardi Gras scarezone would continue this theme of carnivals and celebrations as you exit.

I think Dr. Jimmy, as always, has hit the mark. I'm guessing that the Disaster house would be based around a carnival midway where guests are forced through different games while being chased and attacked. Judging from the facade (apparently warehouse-style) and garage, I'm thinking it might be some kind of "underground" entertainment hidden in an industrial district of the city with carnival styling. A Mardi Gras scarezone would continue this theme of carnivals and celebrations as you exit.

Well, I don't know if it will be entirely carnival, but certainly underground and definitely brutal. But aren't we straying off the website into speculation?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

Rat Lady has been in houses and on the street, has she ever done both in the same year? I thought for a second she had, but then realized that she'd been in Fear Factor in 2002 and in Immortal Island in 2003. The strong similarity between Immortal Island and island of Lost Souls confused me briefly. So has she? I don't recall such a time.

But, why is Rat Lady the only person to be exhibited in a glass coffin? What if somebody died? Sometimes important people like Lenin, Chairman Mao or Jack the Clown get entombed in a glass coffin for public display. That's just a guess/wishful thinking on my part folks!

I love how you worked Lenin and Mao in with Jack. Brilliant.

I R CONFOOZED.

But, that may be the point. If all Hell is supposed to break loose at HHN then it's possible that there won't be any sort of organization or themes in the park. Decor could be mixed up willy-nilly with scareactors running all over the place. It would be interesting, at least.

Mae

Another big site update with a "News" tab, featuring all of the images we've already seen, plus a video showing highlights from previous HHNs with the promise of the most intense "Twenty Years of Fear". Full reveal August 26th. Additional pictures include a Mummy (10 bucks it's Tent 1), a "the Thing" type creature (YESSSS), and a furry Jack-ish head of some sort (???).

I was on a 2 weeks vacation and when I came back I looked on the HHN site. And now I don't understand it anymore because off all that updates :(

But one thing I know is that the houses are matching with the past because of the Roman facade by the disaster queue and other parts in the houses

Edited by DutchHHNfan

Another big site update with a "News" tab, featuring all of the images we've already seen, plus a video showing highlights from previous HHNs with the promise of the most intense "Twenty Years of Fear". Full reveal August 26th. Additional pictures include a Mummy (10 bucks it's Tent 1), a "the Thing" type creature (YESSSS), and a furry Jack-ish head of some sort (???).

I believe that Thing-looking thing (har har) is one of the Dows from Tent 2.

I believe that Thing-looking thing (har har) is one of the Dows from Tent 2.

I don't know about that. Aren't the "DOW"s required to shave their heads? Why would an actor wearing a mask like the one in that picture need to shave their head?

Edited by BruinsFan

I don't know about that. Aren't the "DOW"s required to shave their heads? Why would an actor wearing a mask like the one in that picture need to shave their head?

Apparently there are full, basic, and half-DOWs. One of the half or basic ones could involve less mutations.

Apparently there are full, basic, and half-DOWs. One of the half or basic ones could involve less mutations.

When the full/half codenames first leaked I did have a theory that the full/half designations had to do with the type of mask they would wear, but the head shaving requirement kinda threw me. Anyway, for the specific picture we are discussing, I don't see it as being makeup/prosthetic applied to the actor's face. It definitely looks like a mask. However, as you said, it could be the Full DOW.

Edited by BruinsFan

The "mummy" picture actually looks to me like Dead Exposure to me....

hhn20-1-hr.jpg

... a LOT.

So, I get the feeling this is a scene in the "best-of" house.

It could also be our mummy house, since that costume doesn't look like the ones from Dead Exposure (those were more along the lines of zombies and had a bit more texture).

What I'm wondering is what exactly is up with that costume/dummy. Part of the head looks transparent and some of it looks like light reflecting off of glass in front of it. It could just be a photo effect, but it's still weird.