Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

Mark M.

1 minute ago, TheGatekeeper1234 said:

Hoping it isn’t like a static figure and more like a full character cameo. 

I think they said a full-on scare from him, and that Chance would be the more hidden/static one.

Edited by HHN Pro

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't live up to the hype that was done around it, but still a great house.

Probably the most creative house this year, with at least 3 scares I have never seen before anywhere.

Also is probably the most beautiful house, the sets and costumes in here are insane.

That last mirror section gets me literally every run, it doesn't matter that I know exactly what's going to happen, it still spooks me.

Great house, HotY contender for sure.

#freethebarrel

• Like 1

Not trying to argue, but as most creative, most beautiful, HoTY contender, insane sets, and three brand new scares, why do you say it doesn't live up to the hype?

I think we hyped ourselves with exactly those types of things.  To me, it lived up to the hype.  Maybe not scare-wise, but in all other aspects.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:08 AM, sadbunny said:
  Hide contents

Does anyone know what the second button does? The only thing I could think of is that is queues a scareactor to spook ya.

UTH guide said second button is supposed to squirt the person who presses it.  I don't think it's working yet, because it never got me or anyone around me.  
Toward the end of my trip, I was beginning to think it triggered the scareactor just around the bend (to the left) to pop out, but what would be the purpose of activating a live actor with a button?  That would be kind of dumb, unless you're the actor and get to take a nice rest sometimes :P

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

This was a strange case. I think it was one of the best-decorated house with some of the best sets.

But the actors seemed sparse on both walkthroughs I've had so far, and were fairly repetitive with their scenes as well. I see potential in a couple of the new scares that can be utilized in future houses, but I just felt there was a lot of space that could have been filled with a few more actors. And the one scare I looked forward to, the actor was fairly sluggish with the popout scare on both trips through. 

Also definitely seemed like a house that could have been toned up a little bit more in terms of gore, almost like it wants to go there but only makes it halfway in a scene or two.

Wound up surprisingly close to the bottom of my ranking so far. Not to say it was bad, maybe I just had 2 mediocre walkthroughs. It definitely delivers on the aesthetic though!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, Midnight Detective said:

Does anyone have a rundown of this houses story? Lots of detail that went into it and characters that are named but I don't know the background. I really think Universal should sell a second, more detailed map just full of event details

During our UTH tour, our guide told us the full story:

Sal's Amusement Salvage, a junkyard for abandoned carnival attraction that is infamous for its uncaring owners and murders. Every now and then, a new carnival attraction will be brought inside and left to rot, like the rest of the junkyard. The owners don't care for the place and leave it in dismay, as well as failing to do anything about the carnies, since they live here now.

Anyone know what the prop put in on the last night was hinting at? It was a ticket booth with a sign saying "I'M BACK"... Lot of people saying it's The Usher cause of the ticket booth, and supposedly a photo of him behind it, and that he'll be Icon next year. Anyone know anything about this?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DocNiktMarr said:

I watched one video, and I have a question:

There was this clown that was obviously supposed to be an animatronic, standing above the walkway, making robotic movements. Was this an actual animatronic (or puppet) or a scaracter?

A very fun scaracter.

• 1 month later...

This house was good, I never had one bad walkthrough, the scareactors was great, he had a really good experience of being a junkyard, I never looked at the sealing because I didn't want to lose the joy lol, the characters were awesome and I think my favorite scene had to be the ringleader guy with the rope and pulling the two bars to clang to one another, I know he had different roles he was doing because I heard was something the shavings from the two clanging would fall on guests but anyways I loved that scene looked pretty cool, same for the clown, one walkthrough, he was acting animatronic and pointed on queue right at me and leaped down and bounced back up. And all just all the past references to the past years, I know some people thought of the maze as sort of an easter egg house which it was totally something different and definitely Universal did a great job with this one, I do hope to see a Carnival Graveyard 2 in the foreseeable future. :)

• Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

I just thought... Is Sal's Amusement Salvage where the House of Horrors exhibit was found? The one that Jack's body was hid in? 

I don't recall that being mentioned in the UTH tour.  Doesn't mean you're wrong; just means it was not in the house Bible.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I don't recall that being mentioned in the UTH tour.  Doesn't mean you're wrong; just means it was not in the house Bible.

It didn't get mentioned in mine either. But it'd be a cool idea and a good way to set up a sequel, or prequel... To CG.

• Mark M. changed the title to Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces