Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces

Mark M.

Carnival-Graveyard-Featured-1170x731.jpg

The pieces and parts of multiple carnivals have gathered and left to rot. Bright colors turn to rust, cotton candy decays, and funhouses cave in.

The caramel-coated carnivals of yesteryear have long died, but something sinister has festered within the decay. Welcome to Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights—where all trespassers must pay… with their life.

Ride parts have become instruments of torture and the walls have been painted in the blood of those foolish enough to enter. These carnies won’t stop until they’ve had their fun-filled revenge.

This twisted house of terrors is the next installment of the ten haunted houses announced in our line-up for Halloween Horror Nights 2018.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This looks great, seems to combine the huge scope and great details of Dead Waters with some more experimentally open ideas. Might not be the scariest, but this sounds like it’ll have an atmosphere you can slice with a knife.

Name’s a bit generic honestly, I was hoping for something other than literally “Carnival Graveyard,” and the trailer is tied with TrT for the weakest, but those two things have no real influence on the house’s quality.

Looking forward to this one, but not sure where to put it on my hype list at the moment.

I am glad everyone is super hyped and the location was revealed to be a soundstage, because just from the information in the trailer and the post I just get major Giggles n Gore vibes from this house. Not necessarily a bad thing, GnG was a fun house but hardly any house I would say I would clamor to see again like Gothic or stands out in HHN history. So everyone's excitement is now giving me hype that it is more than just a GnG house and it can be something like Scarecrow and Dead Waters aesthetically. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tobias said:

Considering Aiello himself confirmed Trick 'r Treat is in Parade...

https://twitter.com/Michael_Aiello/status/996939591356731392

...and he confirms Carnival Graveyard is in a SS....

https://twitter.com/Michael_Aiello/status/1022225927160430600

Then... I say SS24B. 

YEARS & FAVORITE HOUSES

HHN XXV - JACK PRESENTS 25 YEARS OF MONSTERS & MAYHEM (SOUNDSTAGE 21)

HHN XXVI - HALLOWEEN: HELL COMES TO HADDONFIELD (PARADE BUILDING)

HHN XXVII - SCARECROW: THE REAPING (SPRUNG TENT 1) 

On 7/25/2018 at 6:45 PM, happy bunny rabbit said:

Name’s a bit generic honestly, I was hoping for something other than literally “Carnival Graveyard,” and the trailer is tied with TrT for the weakest

Generic? It has a witty playful subtitle "Rust in Pieces". What more do you want? Trust me, this title is the least generic compared to MANY past houses. 

How is it a weak teaser? It showed an abandoned decrepit rotting amusement park (Don't think its Six Flags New Orleans. Maybe something in Europe? Someone should ask Aiello).. Sure it'd be nice if they had filmed inside the actual house itself, but it served its purpose. The ONLY thing it could've done without was the stupid past HHN footage of a guest screaming in a house. That was unnecessary.

On 7/25/2018 at 7:24 PM, themazethinker said:

orlando. trust me hollywood doesn't do original houses anymore

Anymore? .....That's subjective. Even IP houses can be "original" (Titans of Terror last year would be an example, even Blumhouse.) To say Hollywood doesn't do them anymore would not be accurate. Hollywood just doesn't have them every year (2015 is a perfect example of no originals) or in multiples. If you want to see a Hollywood event that was mostly original houses, you'd have to go back in time to 1992, 1997-2000 aka "The Pre-Murdy Years".

3 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Generic? It has a witty playful subtitle "Rust in Pieces". What more do you want? Trust me, this title is the least generic compared to MANY past houses.

The "Rust in Pieces" subtitle isn't what I'm referring to, I actually quite like that bit. However, I think when people see the big, bright carnival letters portraying "Carnival Graveyard," (The most prominent feature of the logo) they will immediately think that this is just another clown-or circus-based house, although it seems this is much more.

3 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

How is it a weak teaser? It showed an abandoned decrepit rotting amusement park (Don't think its Six Flags New Orleans. Maybe something in Europe? Someone should ask Aiello).. Sure it'd be nice if they had filmed inside the actual house itself, but it served its purpose. The ONLY thing it could've done without was the stupid past HHN footage of a guest screaming in a house. That was unnecessary.

It consisted of mostly raw footage of the abandoned park, and while it fit the mood, the two other originals announced so far got much more complex trailers. Also, you're very right, that screaming guest clip was worse than usual, and honestly it was the main reason I made the comment about the trailer. I don't think including footage from the house is realistic nor necessary, the 3 good trailers used either re-used stock footage, past years' event footage, or completely new footage.

I personally just hate "guest scare" footage entirely. Its just lazy & tacky. It really does not belong in house (or event) announcement videos. Save the event footage for a recap when it ends or promo announcing the upcoming event dates. Just leave the flailing in-house guest scare footage a minimum. Show off the scareactors, not the guests.

Including footage from the house is totally realistic and not new territory. Hell they did it in 2007 with the Carnirama games, beat the game, unlock a teaser of the house. Granted we don't know exactly how this house is executed so its hard to say if they could've done a cool "glimpse" of the actual house without even realizing it. But yea, in-house footage is something they've played with a few times over the years as well as pics. (not just... hey look at our glowy recycled zombie masks)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’m really excited about this house. I love torture/gore houses. 2006’s RUN: Hostile Territory was awesome. The most recent RUN was meh. But I think this will be more geared towards that 2006 house, at least that’s what I’m hoping for. I have said that Slaughter Sinema will most likely be my Number 1 house, but this has the potential to be my number 1 as well. So far the announcements have been great. 

• Like 1

The new pic posted in the construction thread showed off the ride sign for the bumper cars "KRAZY KRASH". The power line poles make me miss Twister...

I've seen it done in a home haunt and it was pretty damn cool. It'd be great if they actually had a scareactor ( or two) in a bumper car driving around IF they have the space for it.

On 8/14/2018 at 3:27 PM, WESKER69 said:

The new pic posted in the construction thread showed off the ride sign for the bumper cars "KRAZY KRASH". The power line poles make me miss Twister...

I've seen it done in a home haunt and it was pretty damn cool. It'd be great if they actually had a scareactor ( or two) in a bumper car driving around IF they have the space for it.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 3:51 AM, happy bunny rabbit said:

The "Rust in Pieces" subtitle isn't what I'm referring to, I actually quite like that bit. However, I think when people see the big, bright carnival letters portraying "Carnival Graveyard," (The most prominent feature of the logo) they will immediately think that this is just another clown-or circus-based house, although it seems this is much more.

It consisted of mostly raw footage of the abandoned park, and while it fit the mood, the two other originals announced so far got much more complex trailers. Also, you're very right, that screaming guest clip was worse than usual, and honestly it was the main reason I made the comment about the trailer. I don't think including footage from the house is realistic nor necessary, the 3 good trailers used either re-used stock footage, past years' event footage, or completely new footage.

I loved the screaming guest clip for Slaughter Sinema.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, TheGatekeeper1234 said:

This may sound stupid, but should we expect to see any nods to Jack in this maze? idk probably Eddie as well? 

I believe they did say at Midsummer Scream that we should expect Jack to make a cameo. I think they said Chance might even make one. Nothing about Eddie though :(

• Mark M. changed the title to Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic