Halloween Horror Nights 2018 Auditions

4 hours ago, Bernieag98 said:

My application isn’t on the website, but I filled it out the second I got home. Now I’m worried that it might be the reason I never got a casting email....

You should see it there when you access your account on the Universal website. It will be under “Submitted Applications” and it should show the application status and everything. I was told by an experienced veteran that applying for another position, like Maze Host for example, takes you out of the running to be a Scareactor. So if you really want to get cast, don’t apply for anything else that might interfere because then you risk not getting a role if one becomes available. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

any idea what your role is?

My character role doesn’t have a specific name so il just leave it at that. 

3 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

You should probably spoiler tag this since the maze hasn't officially been announced yet. Just to protect yourself.

I don’t even know how to do a spoiler tag lol well on my phone at least. 

9 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

[

spoiler

]

what you want hidden

[

/

spoiler

]

Would it still be considered a spoiler if I left it as tHoBh? Lol

5 minutes ago, Darktigerlone said:

Were there a lot of people dressed in business casual today?

Nope. I literally came in with a T-shirt and shorts lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m blackout in Stranger things. A little sad cause I loved popping out at people last year but I’m up for trying it. I’m a little surprised though as I though blackouts usually were strong men and I’m a 5’3 female with no upper body strength 

On 8/13/2018 at 5:24 PM, justinethepumpkinqueen said:

You should see it there when you access your account on the Universal website. It will be under “Submitted Applications” and it should show the application status and everything. I was told by an experienced veteran that applying for another position, like Maze Host for example, takes you out of the running to be a Scareactor. So if you really want to get cast, don’t apply for anything else that might interfere because then you risk not getting a role if one becomes available. 

I had started and application but never finished it or submitted it, do you know if that still counts????

i was honestly just trying to see the status of my scareactor application but didn’t know any other way of getting onto my profile. So I just exited the application to get to my profile and that’s when I didn’t see my application for horror nights  

Edited by Bernieag98

Hey guys! I got an AWESOME role that I can’t WAIT to do! However it says I am a swing....does anyone know what this means in relation to HHN? I know what it means on broadway but what does that mean at Universal? Does it mean I only get to be this role sometimes!? If so then what else would I do?  Regardless I am thrilled to be apart of the USH team! Just wanted some clarification! Thanks guys! 

Edited by MysteriousStage

16 minutes ago, MysteriousStage said:

Hey guys! I got an AWESOME role that I can’t WAIT to do! However it says I am a swing....does anyone know what this means in relation to HHN? I know what it means on broadway but what does that mean at Univerdal? Does it mean I only get to be this role sometimes!? If so then what else would I do? 

Your instincts are correct. If you're a swing, that means you're the "third" person for a role shared between two other people. When one of those other two people are sick or otherwise unavailable, you are the first (and probably only) alternate to be slotted in. In the past, there's only been a "swing" for the speaking role. That might have changed this year with the amount of look-alike characters (especially for Stranger Things). For AHS, they had de facto Countess swings, but it was never formalized.

When you aren't filling that role, you'll be in regular pool, getting slotted where you're needed in other holes. If you have more questions, feel free to PM me - I've dealt with swings before.

13 hours ago, MysteriousStage said:

Hey guys! I got an AWESOME role that I can’t WAIT to do! However it says I am a swing....does anyone know what this means in relation to HHN? I know what it means on broadway but what does that mean at Universal? Does it mean I only get to be this role sometimes!? If so then what else would I do?  Regardless I am thrilled to be apart of the USH team! Just wanted some clarification! Thanks guys! 

I was a swing last year at AHS and never did pool! They had 2 scare spots for one character and 3 of us doing the role- performer A, performer C, and the swing. We rotated between the 2 scare spots and a 30 minute break so I was no different than the other 2 in my role. I’m guessing you will be in the same situation.