Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Mark M.

Killer-Klowns-from-Outer-Space-at-Univer

Metro Goldwyn Mayer Pictures’ cult classic, sci-fi horror film Killer Klowns from Outer Space. As you enter the domain of these Killer Klowns, the smell of cotton candy hides the fact that this is all trick and no treat. This sweet candy is spun from human victims grotesquely cocooned inside giant pods of cotton candy. Try and escape the Killer Klowns or you’ll face the wrath of their cotton candy rayguns that turn you into a tasty cotton candy snack.

I find this a heck of a lot more interesting than Chucky, but will it come across as Invasion with different costumes?

I don't remember very much from the movie other than the cotton candy cocoons and the clowns drinking from them with straws.

Do we know where this zone will be?  Is it the same place as Invasion was?

And I want to point out that we are VERY fortunate Universal is not going into the tail end of the 70's - otherwise we might have seen this:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

This is my most anticipated IP, including the speculated ones.

This movie was one of the first I watched to familiarize myself with 80s horror, so I have major nostalgia of watching this with my cousins at 2 AM.

The key to this zone will be the costumes, the creative team has to balance mobility with authenticity or this zone will just flat out not work.

Also, while it may be too much to ask, I would REALLY appreciate the parade float tearing through the streets and the tent spaceship somewhere visible from the zone. Those two things are the only things I can think of that can’t be pulled off in a house, so this zone is their chance.

VERY hyped.

A bit of new information from yesterday. "An interstellar circus tent has landed on South Street. At this circus of fear, the joke's always on you."

So that confirms the speculated location of this zone but what about the circus tent?  They've never used this area before for a full scarezone so I have no idea where they could put it.

tent.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gambit said:

A bit of new information from yesterday. "An interstellar circus tent has landed on South Street. At this circus of fear, the joke's always on you."

So that confirms the speculated location of this zone but what about the circus tent?  They've never used this area before for a full scarezone so I have no idea where they could put it.

tent.jpg

I’m thinking either something near F&F’s backstage entrance or just a smaller tent.

Just rewatched the film w/ my gf, she loved how campy it was and noted that the clowns would be especially scary in a zone. It’s more campy of a film than I remembered, but I imagine the zone will be adapted darker to fit a scarezone better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Out of all the scents used at HHN, they couldn’t add a cotton candy scent in this zone?!

Then again, I can’t really remember if scents have ever been used outdoors. Orlando isn’t generally a windy city for the scents to blow away, so I wouldn’t think that would be the reason...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vampyr said:

Out of all the scents used at HHN, they couldn’t add a cotton candy scent in this zone?!

Then again, I can’t really remember if scents have ever been used outdoors. Orlando isn’t generally a windy city for the scents to blow away, so I wouldn’t think that would be the reason...

There's scents in chucky 

8 hours ago, sadbunny said:

I'm just putting it out there I feel like they could have moved this into the big open area in front of Fast and Furious for more space and to balance out that side of the park.

yes, it would have worked so much better over there. the size of this zone is pitiful. 

This zone is so small, it should just be called a mini  horde and not a zone. even the clowns over at Springfield are more of a zone than this area was. 

Edited by clash

18 hours ago, sadbunny said:

I'm just putting it out there I feel like they could have moved this into the big open area in front of Fast and Furious for more space and to balance out that side of the park.

It would have worked better, but couldn't because it would have conflicted with the IP it would have been in front of.

Hence why the new chainsaw zone is themed in a generic way that goes with the theme of the ride.

• 1 month later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Killer Klowns from Outer Space