Revenge of Chucky

Mark M.

Revenge-of-Chucky-at-Universal-Orlandos-

Chucky is back! After 30 years of mayhem, he’s creating chaos in the streets during a toy fair that’s turned lethal in the Revenge of Chucky scare zone. At this festival of toys, Chucky has twisted these playthings into new nightmares. Chucky himself rules this zone as he commands his minions to carve up some horror. This scare zone will be a tortuous delight to behold as he dishes out some revenge personally.

2 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

I’m a bit wary on this one, as Chucky has never been scary to me and even less so in an open street. I have a feeling I’ll enjoy the general theme of the toy fair and the evil toys more than the Chuckster himself.

Jeez, I didn't even read the description.  I guess they fully realize that HHN has had Chucky running around quite a bit, and for what?  I imagine the actors spending more time dodging feet than scaring people.

I can't say that I am up on my Chucky canon having not seen the past few movies.  Did any of them ever involve Chucky creating evil toy minions?  Or is Universal creative actually going to be able to get creative in an IP zone?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

Jeez, I didn't even read the description.  I guess they fully realize that HHN has had Chucky running around quite a bit, and for what?  I imagine the actors spending more time dodging feet than scaring people.

I can't say that I am up on my Chucky canon having not seen the past few movies.  Did any of them ever involve Chucky creating evil toy minions?  Or is Universal creative actually going to be able to get creative in an IP zone?

A&D is getting creative with Chucky just like they did in '09.  The house had many toy monsters. If the costume isn't too cumbersome or hot, I'd love to see the Barrel Monkey on the streets. 

Also, the wording of the description leads me to believe we are correct in our speculation. 

"Chucky commands"

"he dishes out"

Chucky is most likely going to be a puppet with a voice actor. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

A&D is getting creative with Chucky just like they did in '09.  The house had many toy monsters. If the costume isn't too cumbersome or hot, I'd love to see the Barrel Monkey on the streets. 

Also, the wording of the description leads me to believe we are correct in our speculation. 

"Chucky commands"

"he dishes out"

Chucky is most likely going to be a puppet with a voice actor. 

Terrible cellular data won’t let me use my praisejesus.gif, so just try to imagine it.

Here is the scarezone from HHN Hollywood 2013 when they were basically promoting the new "Curse of Chucky" movie

Chucky takes over HHN Hollywood's twitter:
"Hi...I'm Chucky...wanna play? ..I'll be your friend to the end!.. 
I used to have a show at Halloween Horror Nights, but those bastards took it away from me! I've been waiting...and waiting... AND WAITING! I'm through with waiting! I'm coming back!!!! If they won't give me my show back... I'll crash theirs! Time for the CURSE OF CHUCKY!!!! I couldn't help noticing there's a cute little toy store on BAKER STREET...I hear they're getting a shipment of GOOD GUY DOLLS! Hmmm... I hear the LAKESHORE STRANGLER has been hanging around, when he isn't frequenting that VOO DOO shop down the street.... Heee Heee Heee... this seems like as good a place as any to take my revenge!!! Time we put the CURSE OF CHUCKY on HHN! AHHH HA HA HA HA HA!"

So much recycled props and very little effort made in Hollywood that year for this scarezone. The quality is terrible. But thats what happens with John Murdy at the helm.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WESKER69 said:

Here is the scarezone from HHN Hollywood 2013 when they were basically promoting the new "Curse of Chucky" movie

Chucky takes over HHN Hollywood's twitter:
"Hi...I'm Chucky...wanna play? ..I'll be your friend to the end!.. 
I used to have a show at Halloween Horror Nights, but those bastards took it away from me! I've been waiting...and waiting... AND WAITING! I'm through with waiting! I'm coming back!!!! If they won't give me my show back... I'll crash theirs! Time for the CURSE OF CHUCKY!!!! I couldn't help noticing there's a cute little toy store on BAKER STREET...I hear they're getting a shipment of GOOD GUY DOLLS! Hmmm... I hear the LAKESHORE STRANGLER has been hanging around, when he isn't frequenting that VOO DOO shop down the street.... Heee Heee Heee... this seems like as good a place as any to take my revenge!!! Time we put the CURSE OF CHUCKY on HHN! AHHH HA HA HA HA HA!"

So much recycled props and very little effort made in Hollywood that year for this scarezone. The quality is terrible. But thats what happens with John Murdy at the helm.

Yeah that zone is what made me wary of this year's zone, but from what I've heard this one actually sounds very interesting.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

The Barrel of Monkey costumes from the Friends Til The End house were super hot and tight . I can't imagine them using them in a street where the SA's are expected to move around much.

I also think they will limit the number of Chuckys in this street as they did when he appeared in the All-Nite Die In a few years ago. I think this zone will have more toys than Chuckys.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Actually thinking back to audition emails, it would make sense for Chucky to be a live puppet here. The audition emails they put out for puppeteers were saying you could perform a song with your own puppet as part of the audition, which is something you'd do for a performance role rather than a scareactor role. Previous house puppets like the AWIL werewolves and the AvE Xenomorphs were run by regular scareactors without any specialized skills or experience (myself included). An audition for skilled puppeteers would imply a more complex role.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 5:38 PM, Futurion said:

Sorry, I meant the street Hollywood at UO. 

I am so thankful that USH does not have an "Orlando Street".  But if they did, they'd need to make it pour buckets of water every 20 min.

17 hours ago, Cody said:

Actually thinking back to audition emails, it would make sense for Chucky to be a live puppet here. The audition emails they put out for puppeteers were saying you could perform a song with your own puppet as part of the audition, which is something you'd do for a performance role rather than a scareactor role. Previous house puppets like the AWIL werewolves and the AvE Xenomorphs were run by regular scareactors without any specialized skills or experience (myself included). An audition for skilled puppeteers would imply a more complex role.

What would you think if they had puppeteers in blackout operating the puppet - in the street?  A scare version of the Nemo musical.  Would that even work??  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching Child’s Play for the first time, and it far exceeded my expectations. I honestly had just expected it to be a goofy gore movie in the vein of the NoES sequels, but it actually had quite a bit of creepiness in both the cinematography and the fantastic design and effects of the Chucky doll and its voice. It was quite goofy in a few places, but not too much. Honestly a new favorite 80s flick, with a ton of fun scenes. 

Doesn’t change my excitement for this zone too much, but I suppose this makes me happier that he’s the most prominent figure on the zone shirt.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope they revise Chucky’s dialogue in the “mini-show.” It was so boring and some of it cringe worthy.

They’re going more towards the original films-Chucky (which I appreciate), but I feel the “Bride”-era Chucky would fit better at the event (sarcastic, rude, FUNNY).

Also, some more guest interaction would be nice. Maybe bring a guest on stage to do something fun or embarrassing.

I’ve only seen two renditions of the show. Anybody know how many in total there are?

Edited by Vampyr

On 9/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, Vampyr said:

I really hope they revise Chucky’s dialogue in the “mini-show.” It was so boring and some of it cringe worthy.

They’re going more towards the original films-Chucky (which I appreciate), but I feel the “Bride”-era Chucky would fit better at the event (sarcastic, rude, FUNNY).

Also, some more guest interaction would be nice. Maybe bring a guest on stage to do something fun or embarrassing.

I’ve only seen two renditions of the show. Anybody know how many in total there are?

If they did something like Sinbad's fountain where he could like command a scareactor to get a guest and like bring them onto the stage

On 9/15/2018 at 9:30 AM, Vampyr said:

if he says rude things someone will complain and then close the show.....

• Mark M. changed the title to Revenge of Chucky