What type of HHN ticket are you buying?

What type of HHN ticket are you buying for HHN 28?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one only after you have committed to your choice

• Ultimate Frequent Fear WITH EXPRESS. Money is no object (and I'm probably paying someone to cast my vote for me)
    • Ultimate Frequent Fear (might buy an Express some nights)
    • Frequent Fear Plus WITH EXPRESS
    • Frequent Fear Plus (might buy an Express some nights)
    • Frequent Fear WITH EXPRESS
    • Frequent Fear (might buy an Express some nights)
    • Rush of Fear WITH EXPRESS
    • Rush of Fear (might buy an Express some nights)
    • I purchased the early bird Twofer tickets when they were available (might buy an Express some nights)
    • Purchased A'la carte tickets (one or more nights, and might buy Express)
    • Purchased Stay and Scream option (one or more nights, and might buy Express)
    • I can't visit HHN this year and I'm devastated
    • I have no interest in going this year

We've done frequent fear plus the last 3 years and it's done pretty well for us. The goal is always to go at least twice a week and hit each house at least 10 times and we've had no problem hitting that every year. I've never done Express but we are planning on doing an RIP tour this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: To stay in the park after it closes and get early entry-does your day ticket have to be for universal Studios or can it be for Islands of Adventure. I went about 7 years ago and we did the Stay and Scream ticket and did IOA during the day and then they sent us on a walkway to Studios. However, any info I see for more current years seems to insinuate you’d have to have the Park Hopper pass?

On 7/22/2018 at 10:21 AM, danny_p said:

Is there still truth out there that after a particular time in the evening if express passes are still available they offer them for half price?. 

I've seen it happen, but I've never actively looked for it.  When I've seen it, there have been barkers outside of the MIB store hawking them.  It was usually around 11PM, so you would get 2-3 hours, and they were around $30 at the time.  Again, this was a long time ago (2010-ish)

On 7/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, Ueeediot said:

Frequent Fear plus Express.  We are getting 5 nights of HHN this year.  I always buy two lanyards.  On has my daytime ticket facing one way and my express pass on the other side.  The other is my HHN lanyard.

I use one lanyard, and keep the HHN pass sanwiched during the daytime then sandwich the daytime express at night (or just throw away or pocket the daytime Express).

Pro Tip: Use a Sharpie to put a big fat dot on the HHN side so you can easily find it in the dark.  Those things flip around on their own.  

Pro Tip: Sometimes the scanners are not working so they mark your ticket for the HHN Express at the houses.  Do a quick flip last second and have them mark the daytime pass (or your now useless daytime Express).  Free entry!

On 7/31/2018 at 10:32 PM, TimothyJ said:

Question: To stay in the park after it closes and get early entry-does your day ticket have to be for universal Studios or can it be for Islands of Adventure. I went about 7 years ago and we did the Stay and Scream ticket and did IOA during the day and then they sent us on a walkway to Studios. However, any info I see for more current years seems to insinuate you’d have to have the Park Hopper pass?

This is a really good Q!  If you have the park hopper, definitely hop to USO to avoid problems.  But if you have an IOA ticket only (no hopper), do they open a path between Seuss and USO?  I recommend calling ticketing and reporting back.  Of course, five calls may yield three different responses....  

11 hours ago, zombieman said:

I use one lanyard, and keep the HHN pass sanwiched during the daytime then sandwich the daytime express at night (or just throw away or pocket the daytime Express).

We go to USF for 9 nights this year and we have 5 HHN nights.  Sooooo much easier to have a daytime lanyard with my ticket facing one way and EP facing the other and a separate HHN lanyard.  

On 8/1/2018 at 1:32 AM, TimothyJ said:

To stay and scream you have to be inside USO.    The only path to USO from IOA is either to walk out the front gate and enter the other front gate or to take the Hogwarts Express, so, yes park to park would be required or a USO ticket for that day.

5 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

To stay and scream you have to be inside USO.    The only path to USO from IOA is either to walk out the front gate and enter the other front gate or to take the Hogwarts Express, so, yes park to park would be required or a USO ticket for that day.

Thanks for this, because I bought a package from USO for this year that included daytime park tickets with my stay.  The tickets are unfortunately single park, so I'll need to upgrade them if I want to stay and scream.  Glad to know this know.

• Like 1

ROF+Express.  Best deal there is...except last year when Microsoft had the park to themselves for the Thursday of the week we went :(

Waited until the super-super official schedule came out this year to make sure we'd get our 4 nights in and are heading a week earlier than ususal. 

frequent fear with express. Going Sunday through Friday, So doing the pass on Sunday, Wed, Thur. Adding a behind the scenes tour for Wednesday too. The price for the FF express was the same as 2 single night tickets with express, so I figured why not

• 4 weeks later...

I bought ours from the Leisure Office at our closest military base. Military can purchase a limited amount for family members and they cost about $45 each. Pretty good deal. There is a couple of more extra steps to take at the gate to get them "activated" but it is not a hassle at all.  They also offer a military discount for express passes and I got those as well.

Edited by SeverCat
oops

1 hour ago, SeverCat said:

I bought ours from the Leisure Office at our closest military base. Military can purchase a limited amount for family members and they cost about $45 each. Pretty good deal. There is a couple of more extra steps to take at the gate to get them "activated" but it is not a hassle at all.  They also offer a military discount for express passes and I got those as well.

Thank you for your service!  If I was there, I'd pay for them for you.  You guys make our freedom possible.

Oh! It was my DAD and BROTHER who served, not me. I just do the vacation planning in the family, lol. Sorry for the mislead. Thank you very much and I'll let them know the appreciation. Universal and Disney offer extremely great offers for military families. I just wanted to let any other military folks out there know it is an option for them to have a discount.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So this comes a little late, but an update regarding ROF (and I guess other FFP passes).

It was stated by someone that this year they would only allow FFP passes to be upgraded to the Ultimate pass.

That is not true.

It depends on your existing pass.

Here are the rules for allowing an upgrade:

• Your existing pass must still be valid (i.e. UTH is now expired, as it is OCT 1)
  • If you bought a +Express option, you can only upgrade to the higher price +Express FFP
  • You can upgrade to ANY of the higher priced FFP tickets, but ONLY if you have gone on nights the higher price FFP allows. 
  • You must upgrade in person at Guest Services

For example, if you have the ROF pass and went on the 3rd Saturday, then you can ONLY upgrade to the Ultimate, because FFP and FFP Plus don't allow that night.

Now what about someone like me, who flew back to CA, and cannot upgrade in person?  The person on the phone was very nice.  She put a note in my account and said I can return the park when I fly out again and upgrade my ROF (long after it had expired).  She sent me an email as well stating this, along with a confirmation number.  I only pay when I actually upgrade the ticket, so if my plans fall through, I'm not committed.  Now the bad news for me is that I decided to go on Saturday 9/22...  I wen to HOS on 9/21.  Because of that decision, I can only upgrade to the Ultimate FFP (costing me $300).  Had I swapped the two days, I could upgrade to the FFP Plus pass (costing me $120).  That was an expensive decision....