Would treehouse of horror ever come to HHN?

Since universal owns the rights to The Simpsons,  could there be any chance we could ever see a scare-zone or even better, a new simulation for treehouse of horror for The Simpsons ride? I know it would probably be hard to do a scare zone with the fact that they have to portray 2D characters in 3D,  but a few years ago I thought I heard rumblings of a overlay or a new simulation for the Simpsons Ride. I guess its just wishful thinking, but I honestly think that they could market to a audience by using the treehouse of horror. I don't know if this would be the right audience though, as it may bring some small children to the event. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We don't know the full extent of the Universal rights to Simpsons IP.  The Simpsons IP is owned by Fox, so Universal is constrained to whatever agreement that is in place.

By the end of the year, either Comcast (Universal) or Disney is going to own the Simpsons.  If it is the latter, don't plan on ever seeing Treehouse of Horror unless it is already something the current contract allows.  That contract will eventually expire, so if Disney buys Fox. we could see yet another re-theme of the Simpsons area some day.

Until then, this is the thread you need to be following.

As for younger audiences for HHN, let's see what Stranger Things brings, and see what the gore-level is this year.

• Like 2

Back when the Simpsons ride was being created, FOX & company wanted to do a Halloween version (aka- Treehouse of Horrors-esque) so that the ride could have a new overlay experience during the haunt season. Universal apparently told them "NO", because they wanted to wait until the popularity of this new ride died down before doing anything "extra". :rolleyes: Naturally, the hype for the Simpsons ride died a horrible death within a month after opening (it wouldn't get a 2nd wind until Kang/Kodos & Springfield was added).

Sooooo what I'm saying is, you can thank Universal for killing the haunt season version of The Simpsons Ride. FOX wanted to do it, but Universal wasn't thinking ahead (like always). The ride was also meant to be 3D, but clearly that conversion hasn't seen the light of day. Womp womp.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2018 at 7:39 PM, zombieman said:

As for younger audiences for HHN, let's see what Stranger Things brings, and see what the gore-level is this year.

The idea of HHN getting neutered because StrTh'll pull in the kiddies is scarier than any house this year, mostly because of how plausible it sounds.

*shudder*

Well thank you for all of your responses! Although many are fans of StrTh, I am not looking forward to the possible younger audiences, but if Comcast did beat out Disney for the rights to the Simpsons I would like to see a treehouse of horror overlay in the future!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...