Nightmare's Vamp '85 Playlist

It's funny you mention that, because I've been in the process of creating my HHN 28 Playlist! Everything is pending since the event hasn't begun yet, so everything is subject to change when the event begins.

But for music, my guess would be:

• Shout by Tears for Fears
  • A View to Kill by Duran Duran
  • Wild Boys by Duran Duran
  • Good Man in a Bad Time by Ian Hunter
  • Let's Go Crazy by Prince
  • Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell
  • They Only Come Out at Night by Peter Brown
  • (I Just) Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew*
  • Let's Dance by David Bowie
  • Twilight Zone by Golden Earring?
  • Etc.

Other songs that I have in mind are from the Fright Night soundtrack. It was made in 1985 and it contain vampires so it's plausible to hear music from that movie playing throughout New York, especially:

https://youtu.be/E8pZyqiWa2Y

and 

And Obviously Auld Lang Syne. Which version? Not sure. Perhaps a classic version, or an 80's rendition? We'll See.

• Like 2

There are already some really great suggestions! Some songs I think would be fun to hear are:

- Burning Down The House by Talking Heads

-Talking In Your Sleep by The Romantics

-Blue Monday by New Order

-Ghostbusters by Ray Parker Jr. (I think this would be particularly funny)

-Take On Me by A-Ha

-How Will I Know - Whitney Houston

They don't all necessarily go with the vampire theme, but I think they're a good mix of vamp & party music. I can't wait to see what this sz is going to look/be like, even if I just hang around it to listen to the music. lol

• Like 1

This is a NYE party celebrating the end of 1985.  I wont put anything on the turntable that wasnt made in 1985!
And this is a party so dont even think about coming up here and asking for that Dionne Warwick "That's what friends are for"

Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

Last Christmas - George Michael

A-Ha - Take On Me

Queen - One Vision  (this is a MUST)

Doug E Fresh - The Show

The Theme From MIami Vice

John Parr - Man in Motion

Axle F

Billy Idol - White Wedding

Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Dire Straits - Money for Nothing

Maddona - Holiday

• Like 2

So,  the theme for Vamp 85 is a 1985 NYE party gone bad.  To me, that means to stay in the theme, the music needs to be from 1985 as a NYE party is typically a retrospective of the current year.  It is also a NYE party so the slow stuff has to be kept to a minimum.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

So,  the theme for Vamp 85 is a 1985 NYE party gone bad.  To me, that means to stay in the theme, the music needs to be from 1985 as a NYE party is typically a retrospective of the current year.  It is also a NYE party so the slow stuff has to be kept to a minimum.

Thoughts?

The question is:

Are they ringing in '85 or saying goodbye to 85'?

Also, an 80s themed vamp zone is incomplete without songs from The Lost Boys soundtrack. 

We can stick with Good Times and People are Strange since both were originally released in the 60's and are covers. 

Another song:

8 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

Thoughts?

Honestly, I've never been to a New Years Party or gathering that plays songs JUST from that year. I would imagine they would even play 60's and 70's music at that party, but for the sake of it being Vamp 85, that's not likely. However, I do see them playing anything between 80-85.

12 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

IMO, that will be SUCH a slap in the face if they play that soundtrack.

Homages to The Lost Boys will be seen in this zone. That's not something I know, but it's something I know. A&D love paying homage to classic movies. 

6 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

I read this as it is 1985 and it is NYE going in to 86.

It could easily be the other.  All we know is: The scarezone is called Vamp '85 and it's a New Year's Eve party. The name could come from the end of '84 bringing about the year of the Vamp ('85). 

If A&D is playing with symmetry like they did 10 years ago...

December 31, 1984 was a Monday. 

December 31, 2018 is on a Monday. 

Either works. There's more symmetry to ringing in '85, though. 

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Homages to The Lost Boys will be seen in this zone. That's not something I know, but it's something I know. A&D love paying homage to classic movies. 

Obviously it’s in the description that the vampires will be “punks” with “big hair” so clearly they’re gonna be ripping it off aesthetically to some extent.

But to play the soundtrack...which, with the movie, didn’t even come out until 1987...

mybPWHE.gif

don’t piss in my face and tell me it’s raining, Universal! 

On 6/19/2018 at 3:39 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

It could easily be the other.  All we know is: The scarezone is called Vamp '85 and it's a New Year's Eve party. The name could come from the end of '84 bringing about the year of the Vamp ('85). 

Take into consideration that Vamp 55 was the Hollywood High School 1955 Homecoming and it makes sense that in the new zone it will be 1985 going in to 86.  But, in the end, it matters very little.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 6/19/2018 at 3:39 AM, mystiquephreeq said:

They'll definitely be using this song then.

https://youtu.be/FYH8DsU2WCk