Trick 'r Treat

mystiquephreeq

16 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Oh, and one more thing to add:
As if I didn't already have enough reasons to be totally jazzed for this House, the icing on the cake is that it's going to be held in the Parade Building!
Many past Houses I've really loved have been located there (i.e. 'Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare,' 'Silver Screams,' 'Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past,' the imo super- underrated 'Roanoke: Cannibal Colony,' 'Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield).
I'd say having the 'T 'r T' House located there increases the likelihood that it'll be a slam- dunk!

Fixed. 

trick r treat

hollywood will do Emma and Henry's house as facade

orlando will do kriggs house as a facade

hollywood will do labels as transitions

both will do the Principe's poison the kid. kid will vomit like orlandos zone in hollywood

both will do forest werewolf party

hollywood will do werewolf costumes [featuring full transformed one]

orlando will do werewolf animatronic

hollywood will do trick r treat zone with mid transform wolf

both will do school bus massacre

hollywood bus will be submerged

orlando's bus scene will be massive

hollywood will have all of the zombie kids

orlando will do decayed ones too

all will have sam

orlando will have masked and unmasked

hollywoods will end with mr kreggs house

both will have mr kregg as a scareactor

both will have kreggs bedroom

both will have sam cameos

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In a year where all of the houses look fantastic this one still stood out to me with it's gorgeous set design. Weird story but one of the rooms was so foggy that my friend almost had to exit the house because he couldn't breathe. It must have been a malfunction or something because I actually ended up having holding my breath just to make it though. What it lacks in scares it makes up for in passion to it's creation.

3.5/5 

This house is BEAUTIFUL, and it perfectly matches the film. I enjoyed who wide open they made the Parade building feel, as it looks and feels like a soundstage house. Sam is literally everywhere, it has Rhonda (who was mysteriously absent from the scarezone last year despite being the best character in the film), and the schoolbus scenes are just incredible. 

It was excellent on opening night and I expect it will only get better. 

It is really funny hearing some of the things that the guests in line (Seeds of Extinction) think that we are all cloaked leaving the house during cast change.

We have heard Harry Potter (Dementors) a lot. Some just are confused as to who we are supposed to be.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Tman875 said:

It is really funny hearing some of the things that the guests in line (Seeds of Extinction) think that we are all cloaked leaving the house during cast change.

We have heard Harry Potter (Dementors) a lot. Some just are confused as to who we are supposed to be.

I've noticed that only the IP house actors are cloaked. Is that because of copyrights?

37 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I've noticed that only the IP house actors are cloaked. Is that because of copyrights?

What house did you see them uncloaked?  Casts have always been cloaked during A/B swaps as far as I remember, whether IP or original.  Purpose is to keep people in line from seeing what's in the house.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zombieman said:

What house did you see them uncloaked?  Casts have always been cloaked during A/B swaps as far as I remember, whether IP or original.  Purpose is to keep people in line from seeing what's in the house.

Scarecrow. Also Fallen.

Also I expect a review from you soon. ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

36 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Scarecrow. Also Fallen.

Also I expect a review from you soon. ;)

It will come.  Did HHN 4 nights, Howl O Scream, and Scream-A-Geddon.  And of course a comparison to Hollywood.  So much to review, but I'm still trying to recuperate...

But I will say Orlando was DAMN GOOD - way better than Hollywood (but not universally - pun intended).  So good, I'm contemplating a return for a few nights at the end of the season.  

I wish I'd have opted for a 5th night HHN over the two Tampa parks.

That good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Scarecrow. Also Fallen.

I have been in Tent, SS, and Disaster Queue Houses and we didn't wear cloaks when we walked across the queue. This is my first IP house, and the first time I have had to be cloaked to walk to a house.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, zombieman said:

It will come.  Did HHN 4 nights, Howl O Scream, and Scream-A-Geddon.  And of course a comparison to Hollywood.  So much to review, but I'm still trying to recuperate...

But I will say Orlando was DAMN GOOD - way better than Hollywood (but not universally - pun intended).  So good, I'm contemplating a return for a few nights at the end of the season.  

I wish I'd have opted for a 5th night HHN over the two Tampa parks.

That good.

It's funny, a couple years ago you had people--well, mainly a certain someone who will not be named--saying HOS had surpassed HHN.

4 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

It's funny, a couple years ago you had people--well, mainly a certain someone who will not be named--saying HOS had surpassed HHN.

I wouldn't doubt it.  HOS has gone downhill in the past couple of years, as they have lost their main creative staff.  It used to be very, very good.  There were years it was even better than HHN (long ago).  That was when they were doing real icons and very long houses.  They need the right leadership to get back on track.  It's currently no better than a Six Flags haunt.

• Like 1

This house is both fantastically fun and fantastically beautiful. The cast is great, the sets are great, the scares are creative and effective. Just a fantastic house, with usual short waits due to its location.

I think the wolf animatronic is a too far back to be effectively scary, but it still looks pretty cool.

Personally, the thick fog really added to the atmosphere of the scenes, really fit the halloween mood and was SO disorienting in the quarry scene, I loved it.

I want to try and count how many Sams there actually are in this house, I could see around 10.

Cudos to the shovel principal, he would get @sadbunny literally every run we did. :lol:

This is definitely in the running for HotY.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

First walkthrough on Thursday was definitely the strongest of the 3 we did. 

Love the chocolate smell in the little neighborhood section. And the house facade in the soundstage is lowkey one of the best at the event.

The werewolf actors were on point on Thursday's run. 

I have yet to get a Sam to wave at me after a popout, so that bums me out a little, but that doesn't mean I'll stop trying. I heard one guest say they were able to get that, so now it's my main mission for my last 2 nights there!

Good house, probably middle of the pack based on my walkthroughs so far.

On 9/26/2018 at 9:32 AM, happy bunny rabbit said:

I want to try and count how many Sams there actually are in this house, I could see around 10.

He's in every scene except the city scene, and the first quarry scene. Though the tour guide asked for me during the UTH and since there are 2 quarry scenes it technically counts as one (yeah I called BS on that lol). 

• Mark M. unpinned this topic
  • 11 months later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Trick 'r Treat