Trick 'r Treat

mystiquephreeq

Trick-r-Treat.thumb.jpg.c21ce74fa2c132ce021f4d1d6c74d5a7.jpg

We’re throwing you head first into the world of this cult Halloween film, and putting you in the middle of all the grisly scenes and demented characters. These guardians of Halloween will teach you the traditions of the holiday as you find out first hand the consequences of breaking those rules. With monsters around every turn, you need to pay attention…or suffer the ultimate fate.

And then there’s Sam who keeps a watchful eye over it all. He’s the keeper of the rules and the spirit of Halloween. He may look cute on the outside but you don’t want to get on his bad side… or the receiving end of his lollipop.

• Like 2

Having just re-watched this film, I'm super excited. I wonder if they will utilize any American Werewolf bits for the werewolf scene? That might work. I am hoping they go all-out on this one and it isn't just an excuse to re-use costumes and props. 

Anyone know if it gets a soundstage? I assume so.

It would be fun to walk into the bus from the emergency door and have to continue forward and halfway through it turns into the spinning tunnel to imply toppling into the quarry. 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

This one doesn’t surprise me at all. After it being the best Scare Zone of last year, and all the buzz surrounding it. This was a done set deal. 

The scare zone was really good last year! And hopefully the house ends up being the best of this year too! 

I need to check out the movie, if I can find for cheap on dvd.

4 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Having just re-watched this film, I'm super excited. I wonder if they will utilize any American Werewolf bits for the werewolf scene? That might work. I am hoping they go all-out on this one and it isn't just an excuse to re-use costumes and props. 

Anyone know if it gets a soundstage? I assume so.

It would be fun to walk into the bus from the emergency door and have to continue forward and halfway through it turns into the spinning tunnel to imply toppling into the quarry. 

Not a soundstage. But close.

• Like 1

I find it humorous that the first rule is wear a costume and we’re not allowed to wear costumes to HHN. But I guess that’s why everyone will be after us in the house. 

I’m really excited for this house. There’s so many great characters from the movie to put in the house. I expect there to be a room/scene based off the opening with the sheets on the lawn (were they scarecrows, scarecrow ghosts? I just watched it this past weeken you’d think I’d be able to remember).

• Like 1

Excited for this to get a house treatment, think it will only continue on the success from the street last year. Only thing I think can improve is the girls/wolves, how they were shown in the street was fine but in the house I expect some full on wolves there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

I hope they reuse some of the scarezone props, etc. for the facade and queue into the maze. It’s a long way to the parade building 

Word on the street is that there are a lot of trees. Might be an ode to.....The Halloween Tree?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Big Fire Pumpkin  in the area where Ash's Classic was last year: what say you? 

It would be neat if they re-create part of the scarezone for that area. Sounds like that might be the plan. Maybe. 

Did that ever work in the end? Anyone got video of it? Was so disappointed that it wasn’t working while I was there, was looking forward to giant pumpkin flames 

• Like 2

Even though I'm personally not a fan of the film, I liked the SZ quite a bit last year and I think it's gonna make a good house.  As somebody mentioned in another thread, the theming of TrT is kind of reminiscent of The Hallow, which is one of my favorite houses of all time, so I'm looking forward to this.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2018 at 5:21 PM, Drummanmatt said:

Did that ever work in the end? Anyone got video of it? Was so disappointed that it wasn’t working while I was there, was looking forward to giant pumpkin flames 

I'm in the same boat. My wife and I ended up standing around for like 15mins on our last night hoping to catch some 'splosions to no avail. Below is a tweet someone sent me last year.

https://twitter.com/thrillgeek/status/911434087512121344

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I'm in the same boat. My wife and I ended up standing around for like 15mins on our last night hoping to catch some 'splosions to no avail. Below is a tweet someone sent me last year.

https://twitter.com/thrillgeek/status/911434087512121344

Damn I was there the night before, and a couple times around then too. Must’ve just missed it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I cannot freaking tell you how excited I am that they are at long last making a 'Trick 'r Treat' House!
I have loved that film for so many years! Last October, I carved a jack o lantern for the first time since I was a kid, and carved it to look like Sam!
Last HHN, I made a point of taking a selfie with Sam the very first evening!
And, yet, right from when I first saw the movie in 2009, I've maintained that it NEEDS to be made into a House, and now it finally is!
The successful Scarezone last year proved they can do good things with the material and the characters, but a House is needed in order to incorporate one of the best parts of the movie:
The environments.
The movie had so many great, diverse, creepy environments that would work perfectly for a House. Think of the neighborhood streets, the parade/ party, Mr. Wilkins's backyard and basement, the woods' path and clearing, and ESPECIALLY the quarry and Mr. Kreeg's house. Those environments are practically tailor- made for a House.
Easily my most anticipated House for this year.

• Like 1

Oh, and one more thing to add:
As if I didn't already have enough reasons to be totally jazzed for this House, the icing on the cake is that it's going to be held in the Parade Building!
Many past Houses I've really loved have been located there (i.e. 'Scary Tales: Once Upon a Nightmare,' 'Silver Screams,' 'Horror Nights: The Hallow'd Past,' the imo super- underrated 'Roanoke: Cannibal Colony,' 'Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield,' 'Ash vs. the Evil Dead').
I'd say having the 'T 'r T' House located there increases the likelihood that it'll be a slam- dunk!

Edited by Nightcrawler

• Mark M. changed the title to Trick 'r Treat
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic