Stranger Things

mystiquephreeq

IMG_0555.thumb.JPG.52e686fc0572bf3731bb9ad7a6412115.JPG

The maze faithfully follows the storyline, starting off on Mirkwood and then quickly moving to inside Hawkins National Laboratory where things have gone terribly, terribly wrong. From there you will experience all the most memorable moments from the show, including several trips to the Upside Down, while being hunted at every turn by the Demogorgon.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Most looking forward to how they pull off the Demogorgon, really hope they can get moving face-flaps.

Not sure if I want a costume or puppet, with a puppet they could make it HUGE and really intimidating while A costume would have more versatility and would be more of an achievement.

I think Uni can do it, if this guy can:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

So this is going to be a soundstage house. 

I was expecting this to be in a tent. 
 the tent by mib with extra outdoor scene. 

I would expect it. It's much easier to recreate  outside scenes within a soundstage 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 6:28 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

I think Uni can do it, if this guy can:

I'm also confident in Universal to give us a convincing demogorgon, puppet or costumed character. However I always caution my optimism with a reminder of how terrible the Lickers from the Resident Evil house turned out, especially the same year that AWIL debuted. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I'm also confident in Universal to give us a convincing demogorgon, puppet or costumed character. However I always caution my optimism with a reminder of how terrible the Lickers from the Resident Evil house turned out, especially the same year that AWIL debuted. 

Well that was almost certainly due to:

1. RE not being as big of a franchise as the rest of the IPs, meaning they care less about its representation

2. AWiL using up so much budget with its stellar puppets

StrTh definitely doesn't apply to #1, and we don't know about #2 because we don't know what other houses will come. Maybe if The Thing does it could require puppets, but StrTh is wayy more popular than Thing, so i imagine it would take priority.

I hope they will use indoor projection mapping to transform scenes between the here and the upside down.  Combine that with snow machines and it could be pretty convincing.  I cannot imagine it simply looking like the last few hallways of Blumhouse from last year.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

stranger things

stranger things will be season 1 in both events

orlando wanted season 1 and 2 originally

both will have the upside down

hollywood will have particle effect in upside down [projection, and floating ones]

orlando will do shed, byer's house, hawkings lab [two story lab, will have tank that eleven was in].

hollywood will do forest with demogorgon noises in the distance.

both will have demogorgon

hollywood is actor demogorgon

orlando will have demogorgon in different looks [closed mouth, opened mouth, and puppets with openable and closable mouths]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This would be truely horrifying if it was in the house...

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stranger-things-ghostbusters-predator-chia-pets

Just in time for the holiday gift-buying season, those collectible-loving folks at toymaker NECA are releasing Chia Pets based on Netflix's hit sci-fi horror series Stranger Things and a host of other beloved pop culture staples including Rick and Morty, Ghostbusters, Predator, Gremlins, and our personal favorite, Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy.

For Stranger Things diehards who can't get enough of Dustin's wild mane, now's your chance to own it in the form of those iconic terracotta figurines from the '80s that sprout the leafy green chia plants in a matter of weeks.

Edited by Oysterhead00

• 1 month later...

2nd walkthrough on Saturday was infinitely better than the first that I did on Friday. 

I think about 3 more Demogorgon actors were added to the final hallway on Saturday evening compared to Friday opening. I got some really good ricochet popouts from them. Also, was pleased to see the actors switched up between Lucas and Mike for some variety there. And I got Steve to nod and smirk at me when I called out his name! :D

The scareactors playing Hopper were amazing btw, caught one twirling his gun after his scare as we passed around the other side. What a badass.

Not my favorite, but my appreciation for it rose immensely after that 2nd run.

• Mark M. changed the title to Stranger Things
  • Mark M. unpinned this topic