Will we ever see an alcohol-free event?

To answer in short, hell no. I only started going to HHN for 26 and that year the tents that served drinks had fully stocked bars. You could get whatever kind of mixed drink you'd like and shots. 27, though, the tents were only were serving beer, wine, and the signature drinks in the souvenir cups. Finnegan's and Chez Alcatraz still had their full bars open, however. Having less access around the parks to liquor is definitely helpful for Universal because of those who act like f'ing maniacs when they drink. They can continue to limit what you can get but they would NEVER stop serving alcohol during HHN. They charge about 10 bucks for a beer, more when you get the souvenir cup, I'd imagine about the same for wine, and 15+ dollars for one of the signature drinks. They make a fortune off drinks. They would suffer dramatically if they didn't sell booze all together. Moving forward maybe they'll only serve beer, wine, and the signature drink at Finnegans and Chez too but I doubt it. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Universal Orlando makes a great deal of their HHN budget back on alcohol sales alone.

As was stated, they only sell signature drinks and liquor at the tented bars and Finnigan's. They tried, very unsuccessfully, one year to only serve liquor at the bar tents and Finnigan's and got rid of the Shot Girls and most of the beer carts. They learned that Orlando wants their alcohol at the event and it will be very hard for them to move away from having it.