Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

36 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'd love to see an '80s nostalgia-themed HHN. Unfortunately, AHS Cult, Happy Death Day, Purge, and Conjuring are probably requirements (if they can get the rights to the latter, which I'm sure they'll try).

In a second Horrors of Blumhouse, you would have HDD, Purge and the new Halloween, so since Halloween is 80s-ish, that could tie in.

Not sure if it'd be something they'd dare touch. But, a Chernobyl Nightingales house would be interesting.

How have the Nightengales not gotten a sequel is what I’m wondering; between Chernobyl, The Donner Party, Black Plague(Catacombs crossover?), and maybe even something like Ed Gein and they have plenty of events to choose from. 

• Like 1

^Either a Donner Party, Chernobyl (again might be too sensitive subject matter), or Catacombs crossover with Nightengales would be amazing. Please A&D make it happen...

With a Donner Party NG house you could go through the wagons/campsite and then through the mountain pass as the wind howls, cold effects are used, and the banshees come at you.

With a Catacombs crossover they could reapply the crow room from The Reaping, with flies swarming you. And of course the loud sound of coughing.

Obviously I didn’t experience the original maze. But what an underutilized opportunity for a great franchise!

If they ever do the classic monsters again, they should totally make an HR Bloodengutz sequel where he leads an uprising in prison and streams a marathon of classic monster movies from the prison, with the transition rooms showing him torturing guards in ways corresponding to the classic monsters—electrocution for Frankenstein, draining blood for Dracula, mummification for, well, Mummy, etc.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Um, why? the purge was only in this house cuz we lost ouija rights, and happy death day would be a year old by then, wtf?

B/c with another Purge coming out marketing is going to want it at the event. In that case I’d rather it just be a part of another HoB. Please give us something NEW in NY!

22 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'd love to see an '80s nostalgia-themed HHN. Unfortunately, AHS Cult, Happy Death Day, Purge, and Conjuring are probably requirements (if they can get the rights to the latter, which I'm sure they'll try).

In a second Horrors of Blumhouse, you would have HDD, Purge and the new Halloween, so since Halloween is 80s-ish, that could tie in.

Not sure if it'd be something they'd dare touch. But, a Chernobyl Nightingales house would be interesting.

Doing a full on 80's nostalgia event would be amazing, but is unnecessary for IT or Stranger Things to be relevant. 

IT 2017 is the top grossing domestic horror film of all time. It exceeded all predictions regarding IT's reception. IT is no longer the cult movie/book fanatic property that grabs the attention of a niché base. IT is a powerhouse now. 

Stranger Things has become a phenomenon that is hard to ignore. Even UO got into the Stranger Things hype on Twitter the day season 2 came out. 

AHS Cult, new Halloween (stand alone. I just don't see another mash-up blumhouse), IT, Stranger Things (we really need to come up with an abbreviation besides ST for this. I'm lazy and don't wanna have to type it all), and another IP make marketing sense. We all know the IPs are marketing babies, although, IT would be a labor of love for A&D imo. 

I, purposefully, didn't include The Conjuring since I do not want the Warrens to mar the event. Conjuring' legal issues, also, place it in a rather dubious position. 

That's 5 IPs. This year gave originals a boost. Their popularity was undeniable. 5/4 may be our new template. 

Wishful thinking should trend more toward a 4/5, or a truly pie in the sky 3/6. I think 5/4 is an apropos speculation, and that any 6/3 spec is more wishful thinking now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Doing a full on 80's nostalgia event would be amazing, but is unnecessary for IT or Stranger Things to be relevant. 

IT 2017 is the top grossing domestic horror film of all time. It exceeded all predictions regarding IT's reception. IT is no longer the cult movie/book fanatic property that grabs the attention of a niché base. IT is a powerhouse now. 

Stranger Things has become a phenomenon that is hard to ignore. Even UO got into the Stranger Things hype on Twitter the day season 2 came out. 

AHS Cult, new Halloween (stand alone. I just don't see another mash-up blumhouse), IT, Stranger Things (we really need to come up with an abbreviation besides ST for this. I'm lazy and don't wanna have to type it all), and another IP make marketing sense. We all know the IPs are marketing babies, although, IT would be a labor of love for A&D imo. 

I, purposefully, didn't include The Conjuring since I do not want the Warrens to mar the event. Conjuring' legal issues, also, place it in a rather dubious position. 

That's 5 IPs. This year gave originals a boost. Their popularity was undeniable. 5/4 may be our new template. 

Wishful thinking should trend more toward a 4/5, or a truly pie in the sky 3/6. I think 5/4 is an apropos speculation, and that any 6/3 spec is more wishful thinking now. 

The '80s nostalgia theme came from a convo I had on IU about my concern that It and Stranger Things would be too thematically similar ('80s horror/adventure about a group of young outsider adolescents fighting a monster).

As far as Blumhouse goes, HDD was fairly profitable movie, and it appeared in Hollywood's version. And I would MUCH MUCH MUCH rather see Purge in a second Blumhouse maze than have to witness a Purge street.

Thinking about how big a hit this year's originals were with the "GP" (god I hate using that term, makes me sound like an elitist a-hole), I'd like to think they were actually good by historical standards. Maybe not all timers but I'd like to think if you put them in a year from '02-'11 they hold up ok. In any event, if it gets marketing to allow for 4 originals, that's awesome.

In case anyone can't tell, I REALLY want a NG house next year. LOL

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

11 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

The '80s nostalgia theme came from a convo I had on IU about my concern that It and Stranger Things would be too thematically similar ('80s horror/adventure about a group of young misfits fighting a monster).

Thinking about how big a hit this year's originals were with the "GP" (god I hate using that term, makes me sound like an elitist a-hole), I'd like to think they were actually good by historical standards. Maybe not all timers but I'd like to think if you put them in a year from '02-'11 they hold up ok. In any event, if it gets marketing to allow for 4 originals, that's awesome.

In case anyone can't tell, I REALLY want a NG house next year. LOL

I’d imagine they probably will. Nightengales have been requested for a sequel forever, and they’re historical houses have generally had a good track record(aside from Roanoke). My dream Original house is for a revamped Orfanage or Leave It To Cleaver, never got to do those but they seemed badass. That said IT, Halloween, AHS Cult, and ST are basically given properties they’re gonna wanna bring next  year. Since they already have The Conjuring house designed, if the lawsuit works out they’ll probably do it. 

I think the lineup for next year is:

- IT

- Conjuring

- Stranger Things

- AHS Cult

- Halloween

- Requel Original

- Sequel Original(Nightengales Please!)

- New Original

- Icon House

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wow said:

I’d imagine they probably will. Nightengales have been requested for a sequel forever, and they’re historical houses have generally had a good track record(aside from Roanoke). My dream Original house is for a revamped Orfanage or Leave It To Cleaver, never got to do those but they seemed badass. That said IT, Halloween, AHS Cult, and ST are basically given properties they’re gonna wanna bring next  year. Since they already have The Conjuring house designed, if the lawsuit works out they’ll probably do it. 

- IT

- Conjuring

- Stranger Things

- AHS Cult

- Halloween

- Requel Original

- New Original

- Icon House

I can live with that lineup. :)

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

The '80s nostalgia theme came from a convo I had on IU about my concern that It and Stranger Things would be too thematically similar ('80s horror/adventure about a group of young outsider adolescents fighting a monster).

From a very simplistic view, the storylines are thematically similar if we use 80's time frame and young kids fighting a monster as the theme. The stories are more than that though. While the film doesn't dwell on many of the finer thematic points of the novel, there are key differences to both stories.

IT has a group of kids who see/believe something no one else does, or, if others see/believe, the monster is ignored. One of the prevailing themes of IT is the unfettered belief of children. IT is not defeated by ingenuity or strength or weapons or mystical powers, IT is defeated by the pure, innocent, and simple belief that children place in magic and people. 

Stranger Things has three disparate groups ("kids", "teens", and "adults") who see/believe something. The story is through the eyes of three disparate groups who each bring their own strengths. Each group is determined to "go it alone" because "no one will believe them" or "they need to protect others". It is the combined efforts that result in "victory". 

The themes, though, mean little when it comes to similarities in haunts. In haunts, the protagonist is mere stage dressing. An additional piece of decor that adds flavor. It is the antagonist that is important. It is the environments that are important. 

No one goes into a haunt with the desire to see the hero. No one wants an IT house so they can see a scene of the Losers just hanging out in the Barrens. No one wants a Stranger Things house so they can see a scene of the kids playing D&D in Mike's basement. 

People want to see the upside down and the demogorgon. People want to see 29 Neibolt Street and Pennywise. 

The haunts wouldn't be about the kids. The haunts would be about the monsters, and the monsters are extraordinarily different. 

EDIT: Speaking of the General Populace...

Most of the General Populace can't distinguish Jack from Pennywise and asked "who is this? I've been going for five years and don't recognize her!" when Chance was announced as Icon. I, highly, doubt they'll see any thematic similarities between Stranger Things and IT. They are the ones to please, not us. Most would be surprised to realize how easy it is to find similarities in all horror villains and the lack of true "uniqueness" within the genre. 

• Like 5

On 11/15/2017 at 7:36 AM, Ringwraith said:

On 11/5/2017 at 7:03 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

On 11/6/2017 at 11:16 AM, hgwy407 said:

On 11/7/2017 at 8:31 AM, PeoriaBJJ said:

First I'll tell you what I DONT want to see:

-PURGE

-Sinister

-Conjuring

-Insidious

-PURGE

_AHS Cult

-PURGE

No some I think would be cool:

-Stranger Things would be fun

-an updated classic monsters house (its been a few years)

-HR Bloodngutz's triumphant return!

-Nightengales

-Halloween 3 house would be epic!

- or the new Halloween that comes out next year

I agree with all of those except for The Conjuring. Why no Conjuring?

Annabelle, Conjuring, Sinister and Insidious are all from like the same movie. You could make a house out of those 4 and I wouldn't b able to tell you what is from what. And Ive seen all of those movies. Thats just me. Not enough for me I guess. Im more into the creatures features too.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:36 AM, Ringwraith said:

• Like 2

I want to see

-AHS Cult

-Conjuring (on its own)

-Another Blumhouse

-Lights Out

-Halloween / Friday The 13th

-The Nun

-IT

-Another Classic

I missed out on HHN27 as I’m from England but I went to HHN26 and loved all houses that year apart from krampus especially Halloween.

i think they should do lights out because it’s a challenge and most people wouldn’t of seen something like that before.

As for scarezones I’m not sure. 

I don’t want another walking dead house but I think it would be good as a scare zone with all of the zombies everywhere.

• Like 1

After the trouble that happened with the Conjuring, I just don't see them dipping into those fetid waters again.  I wouldn't.  When you get burned, you tend to shy away from the flame.. unless you're stupid.

I will take IT though - in a heartbeat, no-brainer.  I'm with Mystique - rabid King fan since middle school which puts me at almost 40 years!  IT is also my fave King, and, actually, my fave book in general as well.  It is so RICH with character and story and scare.. I don't know how anyone couldn't love it.  I was pleased with the movie and how they are splitting it up to give more of the very long novel its proper due.  It would make an EXCELLENT house.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

After the trouble that happened with the Conjuring, I just don't see them dipping into those fetid waters again.  I wouldn't.  When you get burned, you tend to shy away from the flame.. unless you're stupid.

I will take IT though - in a heartbeat, no-brainer.  I'm with Mystique - rabid King fan since middle school which puts me at almost 40 years!  IT is also my fave King, and, actually, my fave book in general as well.  It is so RICH with character and story and scare.. I don't know how anyone couldn't love it.  I was pleased with the movie and how they are splitting it up to give more of the very long novel its proper due.  It would make an EXCELLENT house.  

Finally got around to watching the new IT yesterday. I thought it was great! Lots and lots to pull from in the film. Would be great for it to come to HHN!

• Like 2

On 11/20/2017 at 0:01 AM, wow said:

- IT

- Conjuring

- Stranger Things

- AHS Cult

- Halloween

- Requel Original

- New Original

- Icon House

Would totally be okay with this. As much as I would love 4 originals, I wouldn't count on it

8 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

Would totally be okay with this. As much as I would love 4 originals, I wouldn't count on it

Originals owned this year and I’ve heard that Universal noticed... it not as unlikely as it seems

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

I've made my views on the Warrens known. I agree. The Conjuring is awash in legal turmoil. I don't think we will see it. 

I wonder if I should recalculate my years as a King fan. My desire to get my hand on the book stemmed from watching the miniseries. That came out in 1990. I watched it "live" so to speak. I was 10 when my love developed, but it took two years to final get my hands on the novel. 

And...I'm getting hopeful and my brain is speculating about IT now. Grrrr!

I wonder if we would see some novel Easter Eggs. Things that didn't quite make the cut in the movie due to the change in the time period. There are things I didn't like about the movie, but those all stem from changes in characterizations of the Losers. Richie is always a steadfast supporter of Bill. He follows Bill's lead even while questioning Bill's ideas.

The important parts for a haunt are dead on, though. I would have preferred Patrick meeting his end in the dump while Beverly over heard, but the way the scene was handled would work well for a haunt. Other nitpicks here and there, but all of Pennywise's scenes would translate well into a haunt setting. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

how is this referencing it? sorry haven't read the novel or seen the miniseries

In the end of the 2017 movie IT falls into the sewer after being “killed” by the Losers Club. His next tweet references that every 27 years IT, “the beast”, feeds

18 minutes ago, wow said:

In the end of the 2017 movie IT falls into the sewer after being “killed” by the Losers Club. His next tweet references that every 27 years IT, “the beast”, feeds

To be fair, that could also be the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers, that one guy from X-Files, or any other number of horror creatures. 

15 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

To be fair, that could also be the Creeper from Jeepers Creepers, that one guy from X-Files, or any other number of horror creatures. 

True; but his tweet about “Don’t slip” and “mad light” are similar to the ending of IT 

I find the tweet "Now it is time for us to feast but who will feed? You or the beast?" strange. When you look it up it's similar to the quote "Now it is time for us to fear but who will feed? You or the beast?".

When you look that up you find two searches "Beauty and the Beast" or "Clash of the Titans". "Beauty and the Beast" could be referring to Wolves. And "Clash of the Titans" could be referring to the Titans of Terror.

But who knows?

19 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

I find the tweet "Now it is time for us to feast but who will feed? You or the beast?" strange. When you look it up it's similar to the quote "Now it is time for us to fear but who will feed? You or the beast?".

When you look that up you find two searches "Beauty and the Beast" or "Clash of the Titans". "Beauty and the Beast" could be referring to Wolves. And "Clash of the Titans" could be referring to the Titans of Terror.

But who knows?

Hopefully it’s just an Orlando exclusive...but isn’t it too soon for ToT to be back at both coasts? They just did them in 2016 and 2015

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic