Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, Insane24Se7en said:

Even though The Simpsons Ride is closed, will the restaurants and Taco Truck and Lard Lad still be open?

I'm guessing that the ride is down because they never seem to run close to capacity during the night and as a "group" show it's probably been costing them to run it, I've never seen the wait longer than 5min at hhn, but if they are having a scare zone there it really kinda only makes sense to keep the games and food open money makers and small time crowd control so I'd really think nothings different BUT no ride

2 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Kinda wish we'd seen Sam in there somewhere rather than Myers or both but oh well ones more easily recognized 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Is the upside down an ocean?

why was the all that water there? 

Without spoiling anything, Stranger Things involves some Telekinesis (thought not sure that's the exact right term) where someone could go into a sensory deprivation tank and "project" themselves somewhere else.  It's a trope from a lot of movies that when it happens they're in a plain of existence that has a floor of water with an all back background replicating the tank a bit.  Saw some posts on other pages with people saying they ripped off some other movie and it makes no sense, but it's used in Stranger Things too. 

The Upside Down is pretty much what they showed in the reveal video and is a real/physical world where as the water part is just a projection.

For fans of the show, that was purposefully vague and not telling the whole story :)

7 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Without spoiling anything, Stranger Things involves some Telekinesis (thought not sure that's the exact right term) where someone could go into a sensory deprivation tank and "project" themselves somewhere else.  It's a trope from a lot of movies that when it happens they're in a plain of existence that has a floor of water with an all back background replicating the tank a bit.  Saw some posts on other pages with people saying they ripped off some other movie and it makes no sense, but it's used in Stranger Things too. 

The Upside Down is pretty much what they showed in the reveal video and is a real/physical world where as the water part is just a projection.

For fans of the show, that was purposefully vague and not telling the whole story :)

It was initially used recently in Under The Skin, but I'm sure it was a purposeful reference.

Question: Since there's no Stay-N-Scream at Hello Kitty this year, where will the third one be? Diagon Alley? Because this is what I imagined:

Finnegan's --> Stranger Things

Diagon Alley --> The Horrors of Blumhouse

Springfield --> Slaughter Sinema/Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HHN Pro said:

Question: Since there's no Stay-N-Scream at Hello Kitty this year, where will the third one be? Diagon Alley? Because this is what I imagined:

Finnegan's --> Stranger Things

Diagon Alley --> The Horrors of Blumhouse

Springfield --> Slaughter Sinema/Dead Exposure: Patient Zero

I no Hello Kitty confirmed? I hadn't seen that.

You know, I think it's possible that Stranger Things isn't one of the early release houses. Maybe Finn's releases to Poltergeist and the other NY area houses.

It could be a way to combat everyone rushing from the main gate running into a ridiculously long line already there, plus overcrowding in whichever S&S releases to Stranger Things.

Just a thought. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

You know, I think it's possible that Stranger Things isn't one of the early release houses. Maybe Finn's releases to Poltergeist and the other NY area houses.

It could be a way to combat everyone rushing from the main gate running into a ridiculously long line already there, plus overcrowding in whichever S&S releases to Stranger Things.

Just a thought. 

They stopped doing Hello Kitty at a certain point last year, reserving it for overflow only, which was rarely needed. 

I don't think they would keep Stranger Things out of early release though, as potentially beneficial as that would be for the people at the front gate. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, StupidStupidDan said:

Just a thought. 

I think this is true. 
 They could easily make  an non ip  to force people to go through that original maze to get the numbers up. 
 I think it would be an IP  though. You don't want to get guest upset. 
  There is something in SF / FF area maybe for Rock the Universe

5 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

In one tweet, HHNO creates the unrealistic hope for LegendaryTruth's return. 

Someone needs to talk me down. 

Just looks like they're going to do something stranger things related with the bike.  No clue what, but that's sure what it looks like to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

In one tweet, HHNO creates the unrealistic hope for LegendaryTruth's return. 

Someone needs to talk me down. 

1 hour ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Just looks like they're going to do something stranger things related with the bike.  No clue what, but that's sure what it looks like to me.

3 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I imagine a sneak peek, or some other kind of marketing ploy. Maybe even a first look at the demogorgon?

I'm guessing since stranger things is their big draw IP this year they're going to give us a sneak peak, not putting money on seeing the demogorgon yet as that's what EVERYONE is gonna wanna see and that would be a waste...but probably a walk through video of the cast of the show like they did with walking dead! Assuming the maze is ready to go that is, I'm guessing it would be or at least enough for them to do a basic run with them since we have about a week before opening.  Not a lot of spoilers for those of us looking for details but it will hype up the general population that's showing up BECAUSE of Stranger Things!

46 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

I'm guessing since stranger things is their big draw IP this year they're going to give us a sneak peak, not putting money on seeing the demogorgon yet as that's what EVERYONE is gonna wanna see and that would be a waste...but probably a walk through video of the cast of the show like they did with walking dead! Assuming the maze is ready to go that is, I'm guessing it would be or at least enough for them to do a basic run with them since we have about a week before opening.  Not a lot of spoilers for those of us looking for details but it will hype up the general population that's showing up BECAUSE of Stranger Things!

The house has been show ready for a few weeks. It was one of the first ones complete.

Netflix did its walkthrough in June/July.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

The house has been show ready for a few weeks. It was one of the first ones complete.

I don't think a lot of people realize how far in advance the HHN team is working.   Like, if you wanted to "attempt" to influence the HHN team for HHN29, you should have started in January of 2018.

Also, patiently awaiting today's 11am announcement on twitter!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Legacy said:

That's what I figured, being I'm not an insider at all I have no clue how late finishing touches might run for any given house that was more a benefit of the doubt kinda line, but this was the first announced and the big draw I would have been shocked if they WEREN'T loooong finished!! Was kinda expecting a little more for their sneak peak tho given how "cryptic" they were, giving a heads up the night before and all but ehh oh well like I figured it seemed more for general population who aren't as in the loop

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic