Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

14 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

It is absolutely NOT the first time Purge has had a house.  It had a house for 25.

First time it was specifically designed for the event. That house in 25 was last minute changeover from a Scream house when they lost the rights to Scream at last minute so had to quickly change to Purge. And last year was the Purge section of Blumhouse was going to be Ouija until last minute. This is first time the Purge isn’t a last minute switch from something else they had rights issues with 

I just noticed on the map no Simpsons Ride this year. Surprising but I’m gonna assume Fast Food Blvd and the carnival games will still be up and running. Otherwise it’d be really weird if that whole area was dark (like that night last year where the power went out). 

here's some info that was said in the livestream https://www.pscp.tv/w/1MnxnZmMLoOxO. sorry if some are old news again.

strangers things - waffles will be there, gonna see the demogorgon a lot throughout the house, the forest is gonna have mirrors on the walls to make it larger along with mirkwood signs, "in mirkwood, we've done a audio trigger that is gonna relayed later on in the maze, but it tells the same story, but because characters are in difference of space having being recorded further away from each other, you actually get a sense of travel between the characters".

poltergeist - you're gonna feel the ghostly presence,

seeds of extinction - several camouflage scares in the house, one location in the house is a convenient store.

killer klowns - map projection will be used in the zone for shadow puppets , ice cream truck with jumbo on top will be there,on the walls will be the ship and throughout the night the tent will lift up [projection they said], klowns will be huge, popcorn creatures will be there.

revenge of chucky - chucky will be a live puppet, couple of characters from the 09 house will be in the zone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScottEdmondson41 said:

First time it was specifically designed for the event. That house in 25 was last minute changeover from a Scream house when they lost the rights to Scream at last minute so had to quickly change to Purge. And last year was the Purge section of Blumhouse was going to be Ouija until last minute. This is first time the Purge isn’t a last minute switch from something else they had rights issues with 

I'm well aware that the 25 house had to be "thrown together".  However, it doesn't change the actual fact that Purge was a house before.  To say otherwise is simply false.  It also doesn't change the fact that we've had variations of the Purge for way too many years now.  That is my point.  Too much of the same thing over and over completely devalues the content, and it sure as hell sucks away any chance of a good scare.  

I've said this already, but I'll say it again - the presence of this house doesn't change my excitement or my anticipation for this year's event.  I'll just skip this one.  If you all enjoy it, more power to ya

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I'm well aware that the 25 house had to be "thrown together".  However, it doesn't change the actual fact that Purge was a house before.  To say otherwise is simply false.  It also doesn't change the fact that we've had variations of the Purge for way too many years now.  That is my point.  Too much of the same thing over and over completely devalues the content, and it sure as hell sucks away any chance of a good scare.  

I've said this already, but I'll say it again - the presence of this house doesn't change my excitement or my anticipation for this year's event.  I'll just skip this one.  If you all enjoy it, more power to ya

I completely agree that I would have rathered literally any other property than The Purge, but that wasn’t my point. My point was that this is gonna be the first house that has always intended to feature the IP

1 hour ago, HHN Pro said:

-No Entrance by Despicable Me

I’m a huge fan of this change, the entrance to Both AHS houses have felt cluttered and awkward due to the close proximity to the entrance zone.

25 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

killer klowns - map projection will be used in the zone for shadow puppets , ice cream truck with jumbo on top will be there,on the walls will be the ship and throughout the night the tent will lift up [projection they said], klowns will be huge, popcorn creatures will be there.

so_good.png

(What does “on the walls will be the ship” mean?)

Last year we got screwed with the Microsoft night meaning we only got 3 nights with our RoF+Express.  This year, we booked a week earlier just to be safe and now we just got a free night...a 5 night weekend :)  Given how awesome the lineup is, this was a great trade off from last year!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dirvam444 said:

Sorry if this was answered, is there a reason they aren't having it on Sept. 27th (according to the website)

Microsoft usually buys a private night of HHN for attendees of its Ignite conference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marc said:

Microsoft usually buys a private night of HHN for attendees of its Ignite conference. 

Since they added the Wednesday before this year's Microsoft event, maybe Microsoft can take the damn Wednesday next year instead, and give those of us who travel for the long weekend a shot at a Thurs - Sat uninterrupted run.  This year, I had to take the following Monday off of work, so I could attend Sunday since Thursday was off the table.  Annoying when one only has so many vacation days in a year.  Although.. at the beginning of the year, my vacation days are assigned for HHN first.

3 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Since they added the Wednesday before this year's Microsoft event, maybe Microsoft can take the damn Wednesday next year instead, and give those of us who travel for the long weekend a shot at a Thurs - Sat uninterrupted run.  This year, I had to take the following Monday off of work, so I could attend Sunday since Thursday was off the table.  Annoying when one only has so many vacation days in a year.  Although.. at the beginning of the year, my vacation days are assigned for HHN first.

If I'm able to go this year, it's a big if still everyone, the 28th or 29 will likely be my dates. 

20 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Blumhouse definitely WAS the WORST last year.  We went thru it twice and gave up.  And usually - crappy movie, by definition, translates to crappy house.  If I don't give a single shit about the property, why would I about the house?   Purge is done.. overdone... stick a fork in it.

Yeah BoH was pretty terrible. I’m pretty sure I put it at the bottom of my list last year. AvED was close behind it. Purge is definitely overdone. Not as overdone as TWD was but I’m ready for something new. I wish the Blumhouse House was a highlight to just 1 of their films that was released for the year. I said earlier in the thread that I like my houses to have a linear story and Chris called me out by saying I probably didn’t like Silver Screams and All Nite Die-In because they weren’t linear either. But I actually liked those houses, I’m a hypocrite. And I’m ok with that.

PS- Hi Chris *tackles* 

Edit- here is my house ranking list from last year. I guess I did put HoB above AvED. Oh well, they were both bad lol

1. Scarecrow: The Reaping
2. Hive
3. American Horror Story
4. The Fallen
5. Dead Waters 
6. Saw
7. The Shinning
8. Horrors of Blumhouse
9. Ash vs Evil Dead

Edited by Brandon

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I said earlier in the thread that I like my houses to have a linear story and Chris called me out by saying I probably didn’t like Silver Screams and All Nite Die-In because they weren’t linear either. But I actually liked those houses, I’m a hypocrite. And I’m ok with that.

So...you're okay with no linear story then?

Just to clarify, this is our map right?

Stranger Things - Entrance in front of music plaza, goes into Soundstage 22

Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces - Entrance at Fallon entrance, goes into Soundstage 24B

Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After - Entrance at Metropolis Tribute, goes into Soundstage 24A

Poltergeist - Entrance at end of street, goes into Soundstage 25

The Horrors of Blumhouse - Entrance at service gate, goes into Tent 3

Slaughter Sinema - Entrance next to MIB store, goes into Sprung Tent 2

Dead Exposure: Patient Zero - Entrance next to Coke store, goes into Sprung Tent 1

Seeds of Extinction - Entrance by Animal Actors, goes into New Parade Building (or whatever it's being called)

Trick 'r Treat - Entrance by E.T., goes into Parade Building

Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - Next to Hello Kitty, goes into Shrek 4D Theater 2

I have updated the meetup thread to include the two recently added nights.

Looks like I'll be adding an extra night to my stay to take advantage of this.  It also means I will definitely be going to Howl O Scream this year now that I have an extra night

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah BoH was pretty terrible. I’m pretty sure I put it at the bottom of my list last year. AvED was close behind it. Purge is definitely overdone. Not as overdone as TWD was but I’m ready for something new. I wish the Blumhouse House was a highlight to just 1 of their films that was released for the year. I said earlier in the thread that I like my houses to have a linear story and Chris called me out by saying I probably didn’t like Silver Screams and All Nite Die-In because they weren’t linear either. But I actually liked those houses, I’m a hypocrite. And I’m ok with that.

PS- Hi Chris *tackles* 

Edit- here is my house ranking list from last year. I guess I did put HoB above AvED. Oh well, they were both bad lol

2. Hive
3. American Horror Story
4. The Fallen
5. Dead Waters 
6. Saw
7. The Shinning
8. Horrors of Blumhouse
9. Ash vs Evil Dead

I was actually very disappointed with SAW. I just felt like it was missing something. Might be the fact that  just don't find that Pig mask to be very scary, but I expected more from it. The scenes were cool, just not what I had expected. I agree though that HOB and AvED are definitely at the bottom from last year. I'd rank them: 

2. Hive
3. American Horror Story
4. The Shining
5. Dead Waters 
6. The Fallen
7. SAW
8. AvED
9. Blumhouse

16 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

I was actually very disappointed with SAW. I just felt like it was missing something. Might be the fact that  just don't find that Pig mask to be very scary, but I expected more from it. The scenes were cool, just not what I had expected. I agree though that HOB and AvED are definitely at the bottom from last year. I'd rank them: 

2. Hive
3. American Horror Story
4. The Shining
5. Dead Waters 
6. The Fallen
7. SAW
8. AvED
9. Blumhouse

I thought last year was gonna be perfect until I did HoB and Ash.

2. Dead Waters

3. The Shining

4. The Fallen

5. Saw: The Games of Jigsaw

6. Hive

7. American Horror Story

8. The Horrors of Blumhouse

9. Ash Vs. Evil Dead

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Since they added the Wednesday before this year's Microsoft event, maybe Microsoft can take the damn Wednesday next year instead, and give those of us who travel for the long weekend a shot at a Thurs - Sat uninterrupted run. 

Unfortunately, Microsoft will always end up taking that Thursday night unless they change the dates of their Ignite conference.  It is an annual conference and has been in Orlando in recent years unlike other shows that bounce between Orlando and Vegas.  They buy the park on the last night of their event to close out the show.