Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

22 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

So it would be safe to believe that Charlie is Kim's son?  He would be just a few days past his 2nd birthday on Halloween 82, when the last cards are sent by Emily. 

That explains the "grab Charlie" part.

I take Charlie as Emily's son...No??  I feel like the get to Grandpa's  is the motherly instinct telling them to get somewhere safe if the US has this outbreak coming too??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

I take Charlie as Emily's son...No??  I feel like the get to Grandpa's  is the motherly instinct telling them to get somewhere safe if the US has this outbreak coming too??

I figured if Charlie is living at the same address as Kim it would make sense that he was Kim's son.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

I was thinking the same thing. It's one of those things that could be either. 

The fact that that she doesn't ask about Charlie in the first postcard could make one question Emily being the mother, but the first postcard starts with Emily answering a question. The first postcard isn't the first correspondence. 

1 hour ago, Ueeediot said:

I figured if Charlie is living at the same address as Kim it would make sense that he was Kim's son.

Or Kim is watching Charlie for Emily while Emily is on her honeymoon. Charlie living in the same house when older would make sense if he was raised by his aunt. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Or Kim is watching Charlie for Emily while Emily is on her honeymoon. Charlie living in the same house when older would make sense if he was raised by his aunt. 

It doesnt make sense that at no time during the correspondence we see, which runs over the course of a month, that she wouldnt ask about her 2 year old son, especially since his birthday passes during this time.  Another clue is that she doesnt even send a card on his birthday.  Also once Greg dies and once things are obviously out of hand she still doesnt ask.  To me, at least, it makes far more sense that Charlie is Kim's son. 

Also, is Magnus from Australia any type of imoortant player in this or just a happenstance character?

33 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

but the first postcard starts with Emily answering a question. The first postcard isn't the first correspondence. 

Not exactly,

On Oct 3 She says:  Tourist-y no?  (meaning the post cards)  Greg thought it was cheesy too but c'est la vie!  We love you and wish you were here!!

P.S. grabbed a stack of these stupid post-cards so I'll write when I can.

This is definitely the first correspondence.  Which is why Emily is explaining to Kim that she got the cards and to expect more.

Emily never actually answers or responds to anything from Kim or otherwise.  It is completely Emily speaking and we cannot even tell if Kim is receiving the cards.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

It doesnt make sense that at no time during the correspondence we see, which runs over the course of a month, that she wouldnt ask about her 2 year old son, especially since his birthday passes during this time.  Another clue is that she doesnt even send a card on his birthday.  Also once Greg dies and once things are obviously out of hand she still doesnt ask.  To me, at least, it makes far more sense that Charlie is Kim's son. 

Also, is Magnus from Australia any type of imoortant player in this or just a happenstance character?

Not exactly,

On Oct 3 She says:  Tourist-y no?  (meaning the post cards)  Greg thought it was cheesy too but c'est la vie!  We love you and wish you were here!!

P.S. grabbed a stack of these stupid post-cards so I'll write when I can.

This is definitely the first correspondence.  Which is why Emily is explaining to Kim that she got the cards and to expect more.

Emily never actually answers or responds to anything from Kim or otherwise.  It is completely Emily speaking and we cannot even tell if Kim is receiving the cards.

Strong emotions do strange things to people. 

The initial euphoria of a honeymoon in Paris while knowing your child is safe with your sibling could cause a person to not ask about a child. Grief could do the same. 

Kim and Charlie do not share a surname. There's only a few options for that.

- Charlie is illegitimate. He was born out of wedlock, and was given his father's name. (Can apply to Kim or Emily). 

- Charlie's father has died. Remarriage as occurred (can apply to Kim or Emily)

- Charlie's parents divorced. Remarriage (Kim). Reverted to maiden name (Kim or Emily). We know Emily has married, but we don't know her new surname. 

- Charlie's parents are married. Mother didn't take father's surname. (Can apply to Kim or Emily). This is the least historically likely scenario. While women were not taking the man's surname in the 80s, it was far less common than it is now. 

And that's another interesting tidbit. Why isn't Emily supplying us with her brand new surname. She gives us her middle name and nicknames (more on those later), but never signs with her brand new married name. While legal documents take time to change, a good number of women begin signing correspondence with their married names right after the wedding. Even when that correspondence is to family members. 

Magnus is an interesting addition. Australian with a Scandinavian name. The name may merely be an Easter egg for some of us. Magnus was a very popular Viking name. Rick Spencer wrote a book - Icebound: The Viking Cipher. A&D knows some of us love etymology and we wouldn't be able to resist researching Magnus. It means great in Latin, btw. 

Speaking of etymology and history of names:

Emily Alice is an interesting choice. Emily is shortened to Em in the postcards. If we go with Emily being the aunt, then she is Aunt Em. Emily is the real name of Aunt Em in the Oz books. 

And Alice as the other name. Of course, Alice makes one think of Alice in Wonderland.

That makes two names linked to stories used in Scary Tales, both of which had their own scarezones in 2008. There's rumors of an Oz house for this year. 

And the other link that I can't ignore:

Alice didn't just go to Wonderland through a rabbit hole. Alice went Through the Looking Glass as well. 

Easter eggs for my favorite icon? Nods of remembrance for those of us who obsess?

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Speaking of etymology and history of names:

Emily Alice is an interesting choice. Emily is shortened to Em in the postcards. If we go with Emily being the aunt, then she is Aunt Em. Emily is the real name of Aunt Em in the Oz books. 

And Alice as the other name. Of course, Alice makes one think of Alice in Wonderland.

That makes two names linked to stories used in Scary Tales, both of which had their own scarezones in 2008. There's rumors of an Oz house for this year. 

And the other link that I can't ignore:

Alice didn't just go to Wonderland through a rabbit hole. Alice went Through the Looking Glass as well. 

Easter eggs for my favorite icon? Nods of remembrance for those of us who obsess?

@Ueeediot and @mystiquephreeq

I was originally thinking, of course the 2 year old isn't on the trip to Paris. Makes sense they left him home, they could be there honeymoon? Work?

But now your above connections,  @mystiquephreeq they seem to really sway me.

Because how is Aunt Em not a nod to a future announcement? Did we ever decide is the supposed OZ house "Path of the Wicked" related, makes sense with on its own but no home thing from way in the past??

And yes to me anyways,  the Alice connection is strong that middle name can't be a mistake! Bloody Mary's slogan/backstory literally says "Step through the Looking Glass" !

Argh why you so sure of NO ICON @Legacy!! Unless this is a setup into a future Icon year coming next?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Strong emotions do strange things to people. 

Ok, now we are reaching.  In your above post you referenced Emily as having strong maternal instincts, but now she is too emotional to think of her son?   Not a chance.  There is not a single chance in the world that I would go through emotional turmoil of that level and NOT think of my infant son/daughter and their well being.  There is also zero possibility that Mom would allow the birthday to go by without even a mention regardless of circumstance.  That's just not how women roll.

Charlie is not Emily or Greg's son.

Kim and Charlie do not share a surname. There's only a few options for that.

- Charlie is illegitimate. He was born out of wedlock, and was given his father's name. (Can apply to Kim or Emily). 

- Charlie's father has died. Remarriage as occurred (can apply to Kim or Emily)

- Charlie's parents divorced. Remarriage (Kim). Reverted to maiden name (Kim or Emily). We know Emily has married, but we don't know her new surname. 

- Charlie's parents are married. Mother didn't take father's surname. (Can apply to Kim or Emily). This is the least historically likely scenario. While women were not taking the man's surname in the 80s, it was far less common than it is now. 

One option that has been left out is that Charlie is Greg's son.  But, again, I find this highly unlikely.  Emily would have passed a message of inquiry about the boy.

Women do not give their out of wedlock children their Father's last names.  They give them their own, most often.  

It is also likely that Kim is divorced, separated, widowed, or that Emily just calls Kim by the name she has know for Kim all her life.  I know I do this for both of my sisters. They have married names but I can barely put the name with the person because that's just not how I know them.

Edited by Ueeediot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ueeediot said:

Ok, now we are reaching.  In your above post you referenced Emily as having strong maternal instincts, but now she is too emotional to think of her son?   Not a chance.  There is not a single chance in the world that I would go through emotional turmoil of that level and NOT think of my infant son/daughter and their well being.  There is also zero possibility that Mom would allow the birthday to go by without even a mention regardless of circumstance.  That's just not how women roll.

Charlie is not Emily or Greg's son.

One option that has been left out is that Charlie is Greg's son.  But, again, I find this highly unlikely.  Emily would have passed a message of inquiry about the boy.

Women do not give their out of wedlock children their Father's last names.  They give them their own, most often.  

It is also likely that Kim is divorced, separated, widowed, or that Emily just calls Kim by the name she has know for Kim all her life.  I know I do this for both of my sisters. They have married names but I can barely put the name with the person because that's just not how I know them.

Actually, women do give their out-of-wedlock children the father's surname if they know it. Happens all the time. 

And yes, strong emotions can make people act strangely and completely illogically. Of course, you missed where I conceded that other connections such as (Aunt Em) make your scenario more likely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Actually, women do give their out-of-wedlock children the father's surname if they know it. Happens all the time. 

And yes, strong emotions can make people act strangely and completely illogically. Of course, you missed where I conceded that other connections such as (Aunt Em) make your scenario more likely. 

Yes, i have a hard time reading, often due to ADD, but wasn't intending to be a jerk.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

This is my favorite part of speculation. Emily could be a common name that was selected for no reason. But maybe...?

It wouldn't surprise me if the same people that took all the time to develop these notecards (with perfect continuity no less. Nice catch @Gambit) slipped in some VERY subtle hints and Easter eggs.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the same people that took all the time to develop these notecards (with perfect continuity no less. Nice catch @Gambit) slipped in some VERY subtle hints and Easter eggs.

That's what A&D does.. or at least used to do, but on a much larger scale. Unfortunately, we don't have that same type of scale anymore and the fact that the postcards were also posted on facebook by Universal lets you know that any clues found within them are as easy to find as looking for something in the shallowness of a kiddie pool. Aka- it has to be understandable for the common FB trash that normally wouldn't have been found spending hours playing on the old interactive websites.

I wouldn't read too deep into things, the old ways of HHN are gone (for now).. their won't be a lot of depth as far as clues go. Its just winks/nods. But hopefully after 3 years of IP fumbles, the higher ups will let A&D be back in full control of the event. Unfortunately, some of the people that gave us the best stuff aren't really part of A&D anymore or have been pushed aside by Aiello/Braillard..

Thoughts on the images in the postcards:

In 2013, a series of emails were sent out regarding the history of LegendaryTruth. Each email contained images. Some of the images we titled, some were not. Part of the game that year was determining what the untitled images were. 

Of the 14 postcards, only 5 are titled. Three are locations. Two of those locations will likely make appearances in the house. The other two titled images are works of art. Guernica is not in France and was not in France in 1982 (Thank you for the info Dr. Jimmy). The Thinker is in 28 countries. 

Guernica was commissioned In 1937 by the Spanish Republican government for the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne. The work is a response to the bombing of Guernica. The painting shows the suffering caused by violence and chaos. This painting is not a scene, but what will be seen. 

The Thinker is a part of a larger commission. The original cast is currently housed at Musee Rodin which was Hôtel Biron. The Thinker was a part of The Gates of Hell. The Gates of Hell are depicted in postcard 11. 

Postcard 10 shows the July Column (Colonne de Julliet) topped by the Spirit of Freedom (Génie de la Liberté) and is in the Place de la Bastille. 

Still working on the other images to figure out what they are. 

• Like 4

On 7/5/2018 at 5:21 AM, WannabeIcon said:

Argh why you so sure of NO ICON @Legacy!! Unless this is a setup into a future Icon year coming next?

Easy... All the zones have been announced, they've announced the "theme" for this year (the past), and none of the houses are tagged as "icon" houses. There's no second show to feature an icon, and I've been TOLD by numerous sources there's no icon.

In regards to future icons, there looking at using one for 30. 

Jack. They're interested in using Jack.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Legacy said:

Easy... All the zones have been announced, they've announced the "theme" for this year (the past), and none of the houses are tagged as "icon" houses. There's no second show to feature an icon, and I've been TOLD by numerous sources there's no icon.

In regards to future icons, there looking at using one for 30. 

Jack. They're interested in using Jack.

It'd be nice if they can resurrect their original plans for XX and do it the way they'd intended.

• Like 1

Also, I just had a huge revelation. If anyone wants insight as to the content of the event, this year could be VERY similar to 2008 in many ways. There are a lot of parallels and themes bridged from that year. I'm not sure if it's intended but it's there.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Also, I just had a huge revelation. If anyone wants insight as to the content of the event, this year could be VERY similar to 2008 in many ways. There are a lot of parallels and themes bridged from that year. I'm not sure if it's intended but it's there.

Dead Exposure, possibly Path of the Wicked, a house about Halloween traditions, a B-horror movie house, a house featuring a malfunctioned aircraft...

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2