Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

6 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Well, half the park is parade route or half too narrow for the amount of traffic that is expected to get through and enjoy it is crazy.  

It works out to appear that there isn't any safe zones

Yes half of the park is the parade route, and Uni puts most of the zones in that half. This makes the other half feel barren with 1 or 2 zones at best, AND makes the other 4 zones have less theming.

Is there any reason that a zone can't go in front of F&F, MiB, or FFL?

1 hour ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Yes half of the park is the parade route, and Uni puts most of the zones in that half. This makes the other half feel barren with 1 or 2 zones at best, AND makes the other 4 zones have less theming.

This year will be different, maybe, but in the past FFL area is always very crowded as there are rows of pop up bars and food and tons of people milling around leaving or waiting for the show in FFL to load.

2 hours ago, littlegreenghouls said:

There was at least few houses that get put off till the last min. 

Things are constantly changing. 

Not by design. Universal strives to have houses and zones locked in as far out as possible. They have to be so they could put out bids for construction. They don't expect changes, but they adjust when they have to or think it's fortuitous (Like Shrek)

Individual houses exceed seven figures in construction/decor costs. They don't just sit around on developing them.

33 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

This year will be different, maybe, but in the past FFL area is always very crowded as there are rows of pop up bars and food and tons of people milling around leaving or waiting for the show in FFL to load.

The food & beverage booths can be placed in San Fran.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit

On 6/29/2018 at 1:31 PM, happy bunny rabbit said:

Short answer? No. because they've had SZs in 2 of those locations. FFL just doesn't have the space or the need since it is the main show location. As for San Fran & MIB, they've both had SZs official & unofficial in years past. In 2008, they had a zombie brigade in the MIB/Coke plaza. Another year, chainsaws (technically the Chainsaw Brigade would also stop in this area for fun as well). San Francisco (aka-Supercharged), has had actual official SZs in the past but also have had random chainsaws in the area like in 2007 to tie into the TCM house.

Basically, it all just comes down to laziness, budget, and higher-ups...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Short answer? No. because they've had SZs in 2 of those locations. FFL just doesn't have the space or the need since it is the main show location. As for San Fran & MIB, they've both had SZs official & unofficial in years past. In 2008, they had a zombie brigade in the MIB/Coke plaza. Another year, chainsaws (technically the Chainsaw Brigade would also stop in this area for fun as well). San Francisco (aka-Supercharged), has had actual official SZs in the past but also have had random chainsaws in the area like in 2007 to tie into the TCM house.

Basically, it all just comes down to laziness, budget, and higher-ups...

After a discussion on IU, it seems that the area in front of MiB and FFL can't be used because of crowding issues from the three house entrances and exits combined with the show and the somewhat narrow paths.

F&F area could work but as Legacy said Uni hadn't anticipated F&F's failure, so I hope to see the South Street zone moving in front of F&F next year.

Could you put a zone in the bypass path next to London? That'd be a Central-Park-esque area with a bit less space.

Edited by happy bunny rabbit

4 minutes ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

After a discussion on IU, it seems that the area in front of MiB and FFL can't be used because of crowding issues from the three house entrances and exits combined with the show and the somewhat narrow paths.

again... the MIB/Coke plaza crowding issues is NOT an issue when it is just a roaming horde of scareactors. They've never had a legit fully themed scarezone back there, and that is fine. A handful of roughly 8-10 zombies or chainsaws works wonders because there is no scenery required.

The area around FFL has never and will never be used for a scarezone. The closest you'll ever get is the Chainsaw Brigade passing through to get to their next stop, which would be San Francisco, then NY, then Hollywood, etc

I doubt you'll ever see the London Waterfront used for a scarezone. It'd be nice, but doubtful.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

again... the MIB/Coke plaza crowding issues is NOT an issue when it is just a roaming horde of scareactors. They've never had a legit fully themed scarezone back there, and that is fine. A handful of roughly 8-10 zombies or chainsaws works wonders because there is no scenery required.

They also didn't have three houses entering and exiting in that area when they put the hoard there...

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

This "sci fi" / "alien" house everyone is referring to, is looking a little...plane

An airplane house would center around one of my worst fears. Would be so pumped in that case!

I'm still trying to figure out what this "it was a zone, it had a home, just not its own" Mystique is referring to. Might it be Poison? With the Oz rumors, it would fit.

It's definitely not coming this year, but what are the odds we ever see Hellraiser at HHN (officially)? Given that none of the movies grossed very much (first one grossed just $11 million), I have to wonder if it'd be a lucrative enough property.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

An airplane house would center around one of my worst fears. Would be so pumped in that case!

I'm still trying to figure out what this "it was a zone, it had a home, just not its own" Mystique is referring to. Might it be Poison? With the Oz rumors, it would fit.

It's definitely not coming this year, but what are the odds we ever see Hellraiser at HHN (officially)? Given that none of the movies grossed very much (first one grossed just $11 million), I have to wonder if it'd be a lucrative enough property.

The whole house is not a plane, I can assure you.

Also, I started the zone, home, own thing! Mystique gets enough credit for their clever haikus, so I'm going to stamp my name on that one! Haha

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Futurion said:

DhHgkO_VMAAmrMP?format=jpg&name=medium

Soooo.... Dead exposure?  Always love getting some lore.  

There's another tweet as well. 

I'm having a fangirl moment and my phone isn't charged and my tablet sucks for saving pictures/links. 

Remember when I said if the Ifrit was doing what I think he was doing, I'd have more respect for him. 

The rhyme had two potential endings that I saw. They were LT or A&D. 

I think he was bowing out so he wouldn't step on toes for any story building. 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

There's another tweet as well. 

I'm having a fangirl moment and my phone isn't charged and my tablet sucks for saving pictures/links. 

Remember when I said if the Ifrit was doing what I think he was doing, I'd have more respect for him. 

The rhyme had two potential endings that I saw. They were LT or A&D. 

I think he was bowing out so he wouldn't step on toes for any story building. 

I've got you! I edited my original post with both of them.  

Edited by Futurion
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Futurion said:

I've got you! I edited my original post with both of them.  

There's a third one now and I'm in full on research mode. 

1192 E. Findlay St, Carey, OH gives me Frederick Brothers IGA when I google it. 

Imagination was an 80's UK trio. I've listened to some of their 1982 releases. Singles in 1982 were: In the Heat of the Night, Just an Illusion, Changes, Music and Lights. 

Pere Lachaise is the largest Cemetery in Paris. 

• Like 2