Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Just catching up, and I see people talking about Chucky again.  What the hell?  Is this solid rumor?  I friggin HATE Chucky - not because I"m afraid of him but because I think it's excruciatingly STUPID.  Wasn't the dumb little bastard mixed in a scarezone in the last couple of years (sorry, SZs blend in my head sometimes as to the year).  Please no Chucky.

Also, I could seriously do without another Blumhouse "mashup".  I thought last year's was TERRIBLE - so did everyone who attended with me.  We went through three times  (because you can't judge based on a single visit or even two).  We hated it equally as bad every time. 

Aside from that - everything else that has been announced thrills me to no end.  

Any idea on announcement timelines from here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Wasn't the dumb little bastard mixed in a scarezone in the last couple of years (sorry, SZs blend in my head sometimes as to the year).

All Night Die-In: Double Feature at 25.

3 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Any idea on announcement timelines from here?

Probably tomorrow. Possibly Thursday.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

If anyone is doing the earlier Unmasking The Horror tour on Oct 3rd, I shall see you there. Super excited! 

Damn that’s the day I fly in.  But if anyone else wants to do an RIP tour or unmasking the horror tour with me while I’m there (or even just hang out one night) let me know :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Damn that’s the day I fly in.  But if anyone else wants to do an RIP tour or unmasking the horror tour with me while I’m there (or even just hang out one night) let me know :D

We may see each other that night or Thursday anyway. We don't leave until Friday. Mentally I'm there already. heh heh

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Legacy said:

The only three of those that would ever show up at HHN already have. That's not exactly a loss.

Well Alien and Predator I def want HHN to revisit them again, either solo or AVP is fine just wanna see them again at some time. And while we may be done with AHS for now I thought both rounds were extremely successful and as long as it doesn't become TWD status I would be ok to revisit the seasons we've seen already at some point. So yea I guess not a loss really but hate to never have them return again, despite my desires of wanting new originals and IPs

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

It's been awhile, but from what I remember:

There were "creative differences" that occurred between Zombie and Universal Pictures* (I'm being diplomatic as well). 

I don't remember the finer details, but there was a falling out. 

* Google is my friend. Universal Pictures shelved the movie and Zombie had to repurchase the rights. The maze first appear at HHNH in 2000 before the theatrical release. It wasn't until 2010 that the maze reappeared. 

That was the same year I believe that they had a Buffy house and WWE? house 

Matt, Dan & Rabbit - Post your HHN travel info on the meetup thread and I will add it to the master list.

Same goes for everyone else when you finalize your plans

36 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

That was the same year I believe that they had a Buffy house and WWE? house 

Why yes, it was the same year.  Zombie had a house in 1999, but it had nothing to do with HOTC.  And that WWE Undertaker house will forever go down in my books as the worst HHN house ever presented.  My RIP guide that evening apologized to the entire group as we exited the house.  Made The Spawning look like Dead Waters.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2018 at 1:50 PM, zombieman said:

Agreed, on Happy Death Day.  I did not see it, but from the trailers it looks like slasher Groundhog Day movie.  And that was the way HHN Hollywood presented it: Dorm room --> Hallway --> Same dorm room --> hallway --> Same dorm room....   So essentially take a terrible house and make it repeat itself so you think you will never get out.  That pit of despair in your stomach is terrifying.

Not starting.  They did it last year (they had the It house and The Conjuring).

You think Warner is concerning?  At least they have a good relationship with Universal, so I don't think It and Conjuring are off the future table. 

But think about what HHN will never get if Disney buys Fox:

• American Horror Story
  • Alien
  • Predator
  • X-Files
  • Buffy / Angel
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Legion

AHS, and Alien/Predator have been to Orlando.

X-Files has unofficially been to the event back in the House Of Horrors in 96/97 or so(from dr. Jimmy).

Buffy/Angel  have been  to the Hollywood back in 2000. When they had the weirdest list of IPs such as Undertaker, House Of 1,000 Corpses, and Buffy/Angel. 

Alien and Predator are my 3rd and 1st favorite horror franchises so losing them will suck for sure.

That Warner bros thing is expanding worryingly and looking pretty cool with its Arkham stuff this year. If I lived out there, instead of going to HHN Hollywood I’d just go to Knotts for originals, then Warner Bros for IPs to kind of make your own HHN Orlando.

Tall African Americans makes me think of the Purge franchise with how the anti purge factions and the fourth film’s protagonists are primarily African American.

• Like 1

We're booked for the last weekend of September. Taking my step-daughter and her fiancé for their first HHN. Can't wait. Surprising them by staying at Portofino Bay (but we're telling them we're going to be at the Super 8, lol). We have one night with them, and one night just the husband and I. First time we've ever gone for two nights. I was really hoping for an upcharge house again, but realize that's not going to happen. Still holding out hope for an IT house. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I doubt that actor list is for  purge show,

it is for original stage show. 

Well... I everything I'm hearing still points to no second stage show. That actor list is for barkers, street/house performers, or vignette stuff.

• Like 3