Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:16 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

The Lazarus Effect, Oculus,  Lords of salem?  Most likely truth or dare cause it's new and will be on dvd. 

Get out, green inferno. 

I wouldn't doubt that we get another purge scene. 

Ouiji... Unfriended...

Weren’t we supposed to get Ouija last year, only for Hasbro to step in very late in the day and say no? They own the rights to the board game Ouija, and I think that’s why the announcement for HoB was so late and rushed. It’s a shame because although the films aren’t great, I think it could’ve worked well in HoB. Better than the purge at least!

I’m still hopeful for a Conjuring universe house, but with all the legal issues surrounding those properties I doubt it would ever come. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Weren’t we supposed to get Ouija last year, only for Hasbro to step in very late in the day and say no? They own the rights to the board game Ouija, and I think that’s why the announcement for HoB was so late and rushed. It’s a shame because although the films aren’t great, I think it could’ve worked well in HoB. Better than the purge at least!

I’m still hopeful for a Conjuring universe house, but with all the legal issues surrounding those properties I doubt it would ever come. 

Warner is starting their own Halloween event in their Hollywood backlot. I think any of their horror properties (including Conjuring and IT) are going to be very difficult to get for, at least, the next few years.

• Like 1

Very interesting auditions for hhn. 

I can't wait to see the results of it. 

They added new Auditions for what appears to be actors, voice actors and puppets  

I signed to do voice actor audition. I would really want it badly. 

Edited by littlegreenghouls
because missing info
  • Like 3

Since Jack was found in 1980 in a carnival graveyard, could Ragtag be a prequel house with Jack possibly not even appearing? Maybe just the Jack In The Box? The misspelled version of his name and "Jack in The Box" pictures make me think maybe we'll get an Icon who isn't an overall icon. Or maybe they're just setting things up for future events. maybe Easter eggs for 30? I at least like the nods to Jack and the Caretaker. Glad they aren't being totally erased. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

Since Jack was found in 1980 in a carnival graveyard, could Ragtag be a prequel house with Jack possibly not even appearing? Maybe just the Jack In The Box? The misspelled version of his name and "Jack in The Box" pictures make me think maybe we'll get an Icon who isn't an overall icon. Or maybe they're just setting things up for future events. maybe Easter eggs for 30? I at least like the nods to Jack and the Caretaker. Glad they aren't being totally erased. 

Is it the man In a box(jack in a sneak peek)? 

2 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Maybe we could finally see Dr. Oddfellow!?

"Years later the Carnival was sold by Dr. Oddfellow, and the various dark rides and exhibits were split and sent to various owners around the states, including the House of Horrors and it’s grisly secret.

Sixty years later, in the Fall of 1980, a television crew from the BBC was documenting the great Dark Rides of America. They journeyed throughout the eastern seaboard looking for forgotten carnival rides and attractions. They stumbled upon the House of Horrors as it sat abandoned in a Louisiana Junkyard."

Graveyard/Junkyard?  Would be cool!  I can dream!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

With the casting call out for dancers, I wonder if there will be a Thriller breakdown in the Vamp zone or maybe somewhere else. Maybe the Chucky zone is that big to accommodate backup dancers? And the call for puppeteers could be for the Chucky or clown zones as well. Unless the Oz related house requires puppets or dancing. That is the house I feel I know the least about. 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

With the casting call out for dancers, I wonder if there will be a Thriller breakdown in the Vamp zone or maybe somewhere else. Maybe the Chucky zone is that big to accommodate backup dancers? And the call for puppeteers could be for the Chucky or clown zones as well. Unless the Oz related house requires puppets or dancing. That is the house I feel I know the least about. 

Did you miss the 3 casting calls for actors with prepared monologues? Or have those ones not gained attention yet?

Universal Orlando™ is seeking Actors. Please prepare a one-minute monologue to perform as the audition.

Female: 5’7” to 5’11” with an athletic build

Male:      5’5”-6’2”, with strong improvisational skills

Male:     African American 5’11” and taller with strong improvisational skills

^Listed under HHN. Those aren't type out castings calls. Those are for barkers. 

That last one though...

My speculative brain is going into major fangirl mode. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Did you miss the 3 casting calls for actors with prepared monologues? Or have those ones not gained attention yet?

Universal Orlando™ is seeking Actors. Please prepare a one-minute monologue to perform as the audition.

Female: 5’7” to 5’11” with an athletic build

Male:      5’5”-6’2”, with strong improvisational skills

Male:     African American 5’11” and taller with strong improvisational skills

^Listed under HHN. Those aren't type out castings calls. Those are for barkers. 

That last one though...

My speculative brain is going into major fangirl mode. 

Oh, I've seen it. That's what made me wonder. 

Actors 
- Female: 5’7” to 5’11” with an athletic build
- Male: 5’5”-6’2”, with strong improvisational skills
- Male: African American 5’11” and taller with strong improvisational skills

Voice Actors
Universal Orlando™ is seeking Male Voice Actors for Halloween Horror Nights™ with strong improvisational skills. Puppeteering skills is a plus, but not required. Candidates should prepare a one minute monologue demonstrating three distinctly different strong character voices as their audition.

Puppeteers
Universal Orlando™ is seeking Puppeteers with varying levels of experience for Halloween Horror Nights™. Audition will consist of an interview. Candidates may bring a puppet of their choice to perform song that will be provided at the audition if requested by panel.

Male and Female Dancers
Universal Orlando™ is seeking Male and Female Dancers with an athletic build and strong in the dance styles of Hip/Hop and/or Jazz.

EDIT- and I hope this is public info. A friend showed it to me and I assumed it wouldn't be a secret. 

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Oh, I've seen it. That's what made me wonder. 

Barkers in Vamp make sense. Can be either male or female roles. 

The puppets and voice actors... Chucky

Dancers...not as sure. 

But that one for 5'11" or taller African American male...

Reaping is collecting. The Harvest description made me think collection. COLLECTION. 

We know a character that meets the description of that casting call. He'd be right at home amongst a collection. 

No one correct me!! I want this spec to be right!!!

Edit:

I googled Universal Orlando Audtions 2018. Took me right to the audition site. It's public info. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DarthSpielberg said:

Awww man, the voice actor auditions are still open but only available for today. while I am working. Butts.

There isn't any open slots for auditions of any of the auditions. I was trying to audition for voice or actor slot. 
I was going to do the closing monologue from American psycho. 

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

That's a very diplomatic way of putting it from what I've heard over the years. 

Mind telling me what you’ve heard? I’m a big fan of the franchise and I always had assumed that it had come to Orlando at some point, it being HHN borne and all, but when I checked no such house existed. Shocking!

On 6/22/2018 at 5:16 PM, littlegreenghouls said:

The Lazarus Effect, Oculus,  Lords of salem?  Most likely truth or dare cause it's new and will be on dvd. 

Get out, green inferno. 

I wouldn't doubt that we get another purge scene. 

Truth or Dare would probably be a good one.  Haven't seen it yet, but just from the previews it looks like there could be some good scenes.

I don't understand the fixation with Get Out.  Yes, it was a decent movie, but what, exactly, is scary about it?    Are you going to walk through a room of stuffy white people sipping tea with their pinkies held up while being served by maids with glazed eyes?   What's scary about that?   I just don't see how that one translates to HHN.

4 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

Truth or Dare would probably be a good one.  Haven't seen it yet, but just from the previews it looks like there could be some good scenes.

I don't understand the fixation with Get Out.  Yes, it was a decent movie, but what, exactly, is scary about it?    Are you going to walk through a room of stuffy white people sipping tea with their pinkies held up while being served by maids with glazed eyes?   What's scary about that?   I just don't see how that one translates to HHN.

I agree with you that its not a particularly scary movie. But it does have strong horror elements to it. I feel the same way about AHS, not scary in the least, but has strong elements to make things work for a horror event.

I wouldn't mind Get Out as being part of a compilation, it would struggle by itself.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

Just set it in the final act like they did with The Shining. It would bring in a TON of people and they could even just throw it in HoB 2 if they felt it wouldn't fill an entire house.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 5:41 AM, killswitch22 said:

Happy death day is good for about a scene or two. I'd be shocked if there wasn't a scene from the new purge as well. There are a couple decent scenes from truth or dare that could be used too.

Agreed, on Happy Death Day.  I did not see it, but from the trailers it looks like slasher Groundhog Day movie.  And that was the way HHN Hollywood presented it: Dorm room --> Hallway --> Same dorm room --> hallway --> Same dorm room....   So essentially take a terrible house and make it repeat itself so you think you will never get out.  That pit of despair in your stomach is terrifying.

On 6/24/2018 at 4:24 AM, StupidStupidDan said:

Warner is starting their own Halloween event in their Hollywood backlot. I think any of their horror properties (including Conjuring and IT) are going to be very difficult to get for, at least, the next few years.

Not starting.  They did it last year (they had the It house and The Conjuring).

You think Warner is concerning?  At least they have a good relationship with Universal, so I don't think It and Conjuring are off the future table. 

But think about what HHN will never get if Disney buys Fox:

• American Horror Story
  • Alien
  • Predator
  • X-Files
  • Buffy / Angel
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Legion
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Agreed, on Happy Death Day.  I did not see it, but from the trailers it looks like slasher Groundhog Day movie.  And that was the way HHN Hollywood presented it: Dorm room --> Hallway --> Same dorm room --> hallway --> Same dorm room....   So essentially take a terrible house and make it repeat itself so you think you will never get out.  That pit of despair in your stomach is terrifying.

Not starting.  They did it last year (they had the It house and The Conjuring).

You think Warner is concerning?  At least they have a good relationship with Universal, so I don't think It and Conjuring are off the future table. 

But think about what HHN will never get if Disney buys Fox:

• American Horror Story
  • Alien
  • Predator
  • X-Files
  • Buffy / Angel
  • Planet of the Apes
  • Legion

The only three of those that would ever show up at HHN already have. That's not exactly a loss.

1 hour ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Mind telling me what you’ve heard? I’m a big fan of the franchise and I always had assumed that it had come to Orlando at some point, it being HHN borne and all, but when I checked no such house existed. Shocking!

It's been awhile, but from what I remember:

There were "creative differences" that occurred between Zombie and Universal Pictures* (I'm being diplomatic as well). 

I don't remember the finer details, but there was a falling out. 

* Google is my friend. Universal Pictures shelved the movie and Zombie had to repurchase the rights. The maze first appear at HHNH in 2000 before the theatrical release. It wasn't until 2010 that the maze reappeared. 

• Like 1

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic