Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

15 minutes ago, zombieman said:

As I have not been there yet, does F&F have an overflow queue that could be used for a house after the immense popularity of F&F dies down (say, in a week or so)?

Trying to recall where the OZ rumor comes from.  Is that essentially a Scary Tales --> Path of the Wicked --> Let's put it in a house?

And I don't recall any talk of B-movie mashup, but that describes Blood N Gutz to the letter.  Please someone tell me this might happen!

As for Legacy's "Have something to eat for it", Leave to Cleaver comes immediately to my mind.  Thinking of what they could mash it with...  But that actually brings up another question: Spawning and Leave it to Cleaver were each a "Fangoria Presents".  Does Universal own the rights to the LITC concept, or do the Fangoria people partial rights-holders?

Even though I have Z-E-R-O interest in Poltergeist, Blumhouse, and Halloween, that speculatory map is zombieman approved!  In fact, if this year gets much better based on coming announcements, I may need to consider swapping out my ROF ticket for an ultimate ticket and visit late October also.  Shame I gotta fly across the country for a good HHN event when one is 20 miles away.  

They're pulling a good bit of speculative information from other sites, and a decent bit is imprecise.

Close... but imprecise. For example, zone locations are wrong. And Stranger Things is in SS 22, and the originals are splitting 24. That's not even addressing the specifics of the some of the houses ("B-Movie Mash-up" is a bit more specific than just "B-Movie", plus looks to be entirely original, while there's specificity in WHICH Halloween could be a house). And there's some crazy potential that Horrors of Blumhouse could be dedicated to a single movie...

And my "something to eat for it" comment is because the next announcement is Snacks.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Ueeediot said:

That's a good one.

I'm telling you, if they just had a 15ft tall animatronic Vin Diesel head at the end, it would have made so much more sense.

I've been through F&F in Hollywood about 30 times now, because I have no choice when going on the tram tour.  At least here they lay a (cardboard thin) plot over the course of the tour.  And we have a live tram narrator urging cheers at the end, so our ending is far less abrupt (and is the actual end of the 45 minute tour).  That they present this thing with a paper thin plot and zero ending over there is regrettable.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

What would go in this HoB 2 if not Halloween? I get that there are many options (Get Out, Hush, Creep, The Visit) but I imagine they'll want a new blockbuster IP to bring GP into the house, which was Insidious last year. This year...could be the new Purge? Would they really use Purge in the same house series two years in a row? As much as I want Halloween to get its own house, I can't see a solo Halloween 2018 house and HoB 2 existing at the same event.

Probably Purge and I'm fine with that.  It's never had a real presence in a house...if the new movie has some key or memorable scenes that could be recreated in the house that would be interesting.  Plus it's a prequel that probably takes place in the 80s so makes sense.   It gets a lot of hate from people since it's been a half-assed emergency fill in...I think they owe it to the IP to give it a real appearance in house form.  And I've LOVED the street zones...especially the mini-show aspect of them.  It could be in the streets every single year as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legacy said:

And there's some crazy potential that Horrors of Blumhouse could be dedicated to a single movie...

And my "something to eat for it" comment is because the next announcement is Snacks.

Ah, I totally forgot the codenames.  I'll leave those to far smarter people.

A single movie Blumhouse would be far more palatable to me.   How about an upcharge Split escape room.

EDIT: I wrote that Split escape room thing with tongue firmly in cheek.  Then I thought "Jeez, I bet someone did this for real".  So I googled it...

I was not far off...

3 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Ah, I totally forgot the codenames.  I'll leave those to far smarter people.

A single movie Blumhouse would be far more palatable to me.   How about an upcharge Split escape room.

Split escape room...genius!!

I'm in Zombieman! LOL

24 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

When did everyone (mostly on IU) become convinced Chucky would have a scarezone? I thought we confirmed there was almost 0 chance of him making an appearance

I blame Scott Baio.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I actually enjoyed the movie Happy Death Day, I found it really cute and funny kinda like the Scream Queens tv show. I enjoyed it as a segment of Hollywood's Blumhouse, personally I thought it was stronger than the Purge section. However I don't think it could hold up as a house entirely on its own and the words I used to describe it...cute and funny, isn't really anything that strikes fear into anyone. So while I can defend the movie but a house to itself would be a bad move I think, it could be a segment in another house of horrors but not a solo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Legacy said:

They're pulling a good bit of speculative information from other sites, and a decent bit is imprecise.

Close... but imprecise. For example, zone locations are wrong. And Stranger Things is in SS 22, and the originals are splitting 24. That's not even addressing the specifics of the some of the houses ("B-Movie Mash-up" is a bit more specific than just "B-Movie", plus looks to be entirely original, while there's specificity in WHICH Halloween could be a house). And there's some crazy potential that Horrors of Blumhouse could be dedicated to a single movie...

specificity in WHICH Halloween could be a house 

Interesting. I wonder if because it's an 80's theme this year we might see a mashup of Halloween 4+5 plus maybe a scene from the new movie... That'd be awesome IMO. Halloween 4 is one of my all time favorites. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheShape1031 said:

specificity in WHICH Halloween could be a house 

Interesting. I wonder if because it's an 80's theme this year we might see a mashup of Halloween 4+5 plus maybe a scene from the new movie... That'd be awesome IMO. Halloween 4 is one of my all time favorites. 

HHN has done a house dedicated to the original and for part 2. The next logical choice is 4, as it is the next Michael chapter. 3 would be tons of fun, but they'll want the Myers iconography this year. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mike Myers belongs in Shrek. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

HHN has done a house dedicated to the original and for part 2. The next logical choice is 4, as it is the next Michael chapter. 3 would be tons of fun, but they'll want the Myers iconography this year. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mike Myers belongs in Shrek. 

I agree. Maybe a house with a focus on 4 with some number 3 easter eggs thrown in? I don't think there's anyway they dedicate an entire Halloween house to number 3 and don't have Michael there at all. But a part 4+5 mashup would be cool, even though 5 was pretty bad. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Insane24Se7en said:

All that I know is if they are doing a B-Movie Mash-up, I pray that is finally an opening for Killer Klowns from Outer Space and as a guilty pleasure Attack of the Killer Tomatoes 

Everything points to this house being entirely original. It'll be heavily inspired though.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Everything points to this house being entirely original. It'll be heavily inspired though.

So more along the H.R. BloodenGutz route

I just no that Killer Klownz has been on their "dream list" for a while, and thought this was an ideal opportunity. And well ... Killer Tomatoes is just for the pure B Movie Camp of it all

Edited by Insane24Se7en
Elaborating on thoughts
  • Like 2

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic