Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

I am thrilled with all this news today - and my FFP w/ Express passes have been purchased... so, for me, it's now official (even thought I've had my airline tix for two months already for all four weekends).  I love that it's an 80's year officially.. that's my era!  WOO HOO!  

I am HOPING they have some of the Scarecrow stuff in the Harvest.  Scarecrow was one of my top 5 houses of all time!  A little taste of it in a zone this year would NOT piss me off.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, hunnylvr said:

I am thrilled with all this news today - and my FFP w/ Express passes have been purchased... so, for me, it's now official (even thought I've had my airline tix for two months already for all four weekends).  I love that it's an 80's year officially.. that's my era!  WOO HOO!  

I am HOPING they have some of the Scarecrow stuff in the Harvest.  Scarecrow was one of my top 5 houses of all time!  A little taste of it in a zone this year would NOT piss me off.

Turns out Harvest is AoH V2, which actually makes me more excited than the Scarecrow zone, haha.

Anybody else read the description for the harvest "An old barn is the setting of every kind of horror." And instantly think of Hershel's barn from the walking dead zone over by Mels?  wonder if they'll have anything like that in the zone this year idk about how others felt that year but as a kinda mini maze it seemed to be a bit helpful as a crowd killer every time we went by!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ToxicodendronHEDERA92 said:

Anybody else read the description for the harvest "An old barn is the setting of every kind of horror." And instantly think of Hershel's barn from the walking dead zone over by Mels?  wonder if they'll have anything like that in the zone this year idk about how others felt that year but as a kinda mini maze it seemed to be a bit helpful as a crowd killer every time we went by!!

It'll probably be the same barn so they won't have to pay to build a new one, lol

“Forgotten are the ways of old, traditions blood black and cold.

Up through dirt roots grow and burst, evils’ return, you’ll see what came first.

When ravens and crows made the night black, pumpkins were carved to keep the evil back.

When the howl of the wind sent shivers down spines, graves of our dead covered in vines.

When black cats crossed paths and wolves howl, true witches did more than laugh and scowl.

Your time has come Nathaniel Crow, outside the box you’ll think, you’ll grow.

Terrors traditions in ways you will demand, Halloween’s true self is at hand.”

I wonder if this will come into play this year...

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Let be honest, I think it would work out better if Aov is at animal actor's. 

If they had more space for scarezone it would be great. 

I think there might be overarching theme beside 80's 
 Maybe Ailleo scarecrow icon that could worked last year.  It will work much better this year after the well respond of scare crow house. 

Hey, I've been in a training class for the past three days, where they taught me how to do the job I've been doing for 12 years.

Did I miss anything while I was away?

Partial jest.  I was in training.  And it was yet another "how to manage effectively" class.

Rather than posting my usual TLDR reaction to the announcements:

Ten houses ...

giphy.gif

...which means more originals

giphy.gif

Scarezones

giphy.gif

80's theme for event

giphy.gif

ROF+Express returning

giphy.gif

AOV replacing B&T

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

Universal probably promised them a permanent safe location, after the debacle with the stage last year!! 

I think AOV will be fine in FFL! They can probably even do more that we haven't seen due to location change.

As for the second show?? I'm assuming it has to be based on an IP??..I feel like we got all the street and show original content  in this announcement.

Anyone got anything else on it??

21 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

As for the second show?? I'm assuming it has to be based on an IP??..I feel like we got all the street and show original content  in this announcement.

From what I gather there is no 2nd show anymore, they decided to give us a 10th house instead, (which I'd prefer anyway).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerkytime said:

From what I gather there is no 2nd show anymore, they decided to give us a 10th house instead, (which I'd prefer anyway).

Well, hell, I'd prefer an 11th house and no show at all.

Or make it an even dozen and take away the Twisted Taters.

Hollywood had one year with no show.  Heck, with Jabbawokeez I still see Hollywood as having no live show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WannabeIcon said:

Universal probably promised them a permanent safe location, after the debacle with the stage last year!! 

I think AOV will be fine in FFL! They can probably even do more that we haven't seen due to location change.

Nope. A&D pitched a second show that didn't get approved. The plan was 2nd Show in FFL OR 10th house and AoV in FFL. That's what I was being told back in January.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Nope. A&D pitched a second show that didn't get approved. The plan was 2nd Show in FFL OR 10th house and AoV in FFL. That's what I was being told back in January.

OOOH, so maybe the 10th house is a Bill & Ted house!!!!

I just booked my HHN28 trip:

ROF+Express

Sapphire Falls 9/20-9/24 W/3 park ticket

9/21 6-house UTH tour

Now I gotta just book the airfare...

See you guys there!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, marc said:

Blasphemy!! 

I’m with you. Twisted taters are awesome! I only tried the garlic flavour last year but keen to try other flavours this time round (though I did hear salt and vinegar flavour was awful). Still think they should do a paprika or Cajun flavoured tater

Speaking of scarezones, I’m hoping for three things from Vamp ‘85:

1. Great interactions with guests (like the adventurers club at pleasure island had when that was a thing);

2. Great music, with a Spotify playlist made available of the music in the buildup to the event. They did a generic HHN one last year, so should be an easy win;

3. Actual celebration of “NYE” at midnight with special show. 

There’s so much potential with this zone I really hope they do it justice. Any ideas where it will be based? Guessing round Mel’s diner, but actually I’d love to see it in New York. Then can have a few different areas for different music tastes, different mini shows, and have motorbikes for a nod to The Lost Boys. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Speaking of scarezones, I’m hoping for three things from Vamp ‘85:

1. Great interactions with guests (like the adventurers club at pleasure island had when that was a thing);

2. Great music, with a Spotify playlist made available of the music in the buildup to the event. They did a generic HHN one last year, so should be an easy win;

3. Actual celebration of “NYE” at midnight with special show. 

There’s so much potential with this zone I really hope they do it justice. Any ideas where it will be based? Guessing round Mel’s diner, but actually I’d love to see it in New York. Then can have a few different areas for different music tastes, different mini shows, and have motorbikes for a nod to The Lost Boys. 

It's gonna be in NY

• Like 4

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic