Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

1 hour ago, happy bunny rabbit said:

Personally I just want anything announcing something that’ll be in the park during HHN (not advertising fluff like sweepstakes) or an interactive site akin to the past.

If it’s some generic advertising thing (especially since we don’t even have an icon) I’ll be quite annoyed. If there’s 10 houses this year and the originals get their own announcement dates we’ll be in a period of getting one every week by July-ish.

Also, when can we expect to know the new location?

I’m telling you, they’re going to announce Poltergeist the day before Incredibles 2 comes out. ;)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Legacy said:

What do you count as an announcement?

They haven't been paying attention to changes in language. 

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

There's no guesses to confirm, but if you want a hint.

APFD-S

I've looked at too many permits. I tried to figure that out in permit lingo. My brain told me you misspelled AFP...

Rainbow (because we may have to follow the bouncing ball soon enough)...

You got the reading connection. 

Someone asked, and if my geekdom is correct... Yes, Jim's cult. 

I'm making you link pieces together. Each one leads to the next. Why? Because that's how many of the games have worked. A piece here, a piece there, each piece put together to find a bigger picture. 

It will, also, make you think outside the norm and follow connections. Much of speculation is following connections from the past, linking together rumors, and spec. Finding the commonalities, similarities, and tropes. a lot of the game play was the same. 

I've rested my hopes for games on some tantalizing FB posts. Unofficial, but promising FB posts. We all need to be ready if they come.

• Like 2

On 6/1/2018 at 7:43 PM, Midnight Detective said:

I agree. I love the Thing but I think the majority of people (myself included) were hopeful just because they missed a Thing house before.

Was Winchester that good?

Also unrelated but were/are you a member of iwrestledabearonce?

Winchester was pretty good, a couple jump scares, but definitely more story driven. 

The REAL Winchester mansion has also been a fascination of mine since I was a kid, so either real thing or movie could easily be adapted. 

And no just a fan and it’s my handle on pretty much anything online.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

An announcement this coming week seems possible. It’s likely an original if they the follow the same pattern. Hell... I heard a trailer for a certain horror film is coming out this month. So?

Trailer is dropping this Friday. Maybe HHN will announce the house? Tickets? Or both?

• Like 1

Date I've heard consistently is 7th. If the trailer drops on the 8th, then Universal wouldn't have anything to showcase with a house announcement.

Nevermind that everything else I've consistently heard about the 7th doesn't include a house.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Legacy said:

Date I've heard consistently is 7th. If the trailer drops on the 8th, then Universal wouldn't have anything to showcase with a house announcement.

Nevermind that everything else I've consistently heard about the 7th doesn't include a house.

No house announcement? Bill and Ted return confirmed!

9 hours ago, Legacy said:

Icon? Please let this be an icon year! HHNUnofficial posted a blurry photo on Facebook that I interpreted to be the Director. 

• Like 1

Seriously though, if Lost Boys doesn't show up this year, they must do it in the future. Maybe they will pay attention to the fact that people were excited by the thought of it?

And they have to do it the same year as Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome. Let's go to Bartertown. 

Yes, I want THAT much saxophone at the event. 

Edited by TheRobcat
I'm stupid and have dumb fingers?
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Seriously though, if Lost Boys doesn't show up this year, they must do it in the future. Maybe they will pay attention to the fact that people were excited by the thought of it?

Same with IT and The Thing, although IT probably has rights issues and The Thing only excites newcomers.

• Like 3

Awww man. I just made kind of an "Eeeeee!" kind of noise and had to literally stop myself from jumping up and down more than once when thinking about THREE scare zone reveals and likely more tomorrow. Luckily no one at work saw me. Heh heh

I'm crazy excited to see what the theme will be. Hopefully that'll also come tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Awww man. I just made kind of an "Eeeeee!" kind of noise and had to literally stop myself from jumping up and down more than once when thinking about THREE scare zone reveals and likely more tomorrow. Luckily no one at work saw me. Heh heh

I'm crazy excited to see what the theme will be. Hopefully that'll also come tomorrow. 

Haha! Me too dude.

• Like 1

I guess it's time repost.

Clue Set 1 – “Babylegs” (Announced Dead Exposure: Patient Zero/Codename Zero)
Rule – Word Exchange
Solution – In Part 1, the word “Detective” is replaced by the word “Cop.” A Detective is similar to a Private Investigator. Boris Schuster, the protagonists of Dead Exposure in 2008 was a PI. In Part 2, “Daddy Legs” replaces “Regular Legs” to key on a replaced word.

Clue Set 2 – “Mind Blowers” (Announced Trick R Treat/Codename Dynamite)
Rule – Word count
Solution – Counting the words in each line of the clue gives you 4-2-2. This translates to a time of 4 minutes, 22 seconds (it’s the only option in a 30 minute show). At that time mark in the Rick and Morty episode “Morty’s Mind Blowers,” Rick states “They don't all have titles, though. It's not a "Simpsons" Halloween special, more like a clip show made of clips you never saw!”
The movie Trick R Treat, as an anthology, is ‘like a clip show,’ dedicated to Halloween.

Clue Set 3 – “Dammit Jerry” (Codename Rag-tag)
Rule – Elements of Story

Clue 4 – “Saving Rick”
Rule – Context

Clue 5 – “Pink”
Rule – Analogy

Clue 6 – “Pickle”
Rule – None

Clue 7 – “Nihilism”
Rule – Sleight

Clue 8 – “Ship”
Rule – Disarray

Clue Set 9 – “Crow”
Rule - Dig

10 hours ago, faceleg said:

I love the speculation but always end up feeling dumb cause I never understand the hints/clues lol

ME TOO. I always want to add something of importance but I can never understand the clues quick enough. Oh well, still enjoy the speculation! I'll just keep creeping in the shadows and watching from afar B)

• Like 2

HHN Orlando website is down and will keep relocating to the Universal site, they are prepping up for something, also Universal's UK Booking Website has also confirmed 10 houses and FF ticket, http://www.universal-bookings.co.uk/park.html, so get ready for ticket prices to be revealed and maybe a new theme skin to the website with an announcement attached.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic