Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

5 hours ago, killswitch22 said:

I'm thinking that the next update will be tickets especially bogo deal expires in a couple days. Any word on them moving away from frequent fear or just rumor?

I am not in on the know AT ALL but this is discussed every year and I as well also get nervous and scared if FFPs will no longer be offered since they aren't offered right away. But I bet once the buy one get one goes away we will have a better idea where we stand with FFPs but I bet we will have them again this year and released then, at least I certainly hope so! I as well rely heavily on them. I don't know who is in charge of the FFPs but I assume they know that we give plenty of money to the event and it is worth it to continue these types of tickets

• Like 4

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Update!

5 scarezones announced

"Twisted Humor" is the name of the utterly useless 8 second video!

If this is not new, it got past me; I just received an Email from Uni pointing me toward it.

We actually may know less now than before the announcement

TERROR WILL OVERRUN THE STREETS.

Beware, there’s nowhere to hide as you encounter nightmarish creatures in our five sinister scare zones. And even more horror awaits you.

Fear lives in the shadows. Horror walks right behind you.

Yeah don't say "New Scarezones" in an email and not say what they are....ESPECIALLY after saying there's 5.

That is total clickbait bull crap and something the 2017 Marketing team would do...

• Like 4

But the way speculation is sounding with shows so unknown and up in the air. Academy of Villains won't be returning? I am sure after the fiasco last year they are a little hesitant to return. However even if they did return it isn't a B&T replacement especially if they don't take a stadium to eat up people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

Yeah. I haven't seen anything called "Twisted Humor." A couple things could become that, but nothing is that so far.

I'd put money on it just being a rando-promotional video.

Yeah, it looks to me like an HHN version of their current "play it loud" commercials.

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

Yeah. I haven't seen anything called "Twisted Humor." A couple things could become that, but nothing is that so far.

I'd put money on it just being a rando-promotional video.

No - there are CLOWNS in it!

IT HOUSE CONFIRMED!

or 

JACK IS BACK CONFIRMED!

or 

KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE CONFIRMED!

or..

or...

um...

SWEEPSTAKES CONFIRMED!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Rikku said:

But the way speculation is sounding with shows so unknown and up in the air. Academy of Villains won't be returning? I am sure after the fiasco last year they are a little hesitant to return. However even if they did return it isn't a B&T replacement especially if they don't take a stadium to eat up people.

AoV is likely moving into FFL.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Rikku said:

I am not in on the know AT ALL but this is discussed every year and I as well also get nervous and scared if FFPs will no longer be offered since they aren't offered right away. But I bet once the buy one get one goes away we will have a better idea where we stand with FFPs but I bet we will have them again this year and released then, at least I certainly hope so! I as well rely heavily on them. I don't know who is in charge of the FFPs but I assume they know that we give plenty of money to the event and it is worth it to continue these types of tickets

I gotta believe they are NOT getting rid of FFP.  Can you imagine all the people holding out for FFP only to find out that they are not available - AFTER they take away the BOGO?

I'm especially counting on Rush of Fear + Express.

If they get rid of the "+Express" I will probably only go for a couple of nights instead of 4.  Would probably hit Howl O Scream.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, zombieman said:

No - there are CLOWNS in it!

IT HOUSE CONFIRMED!

or 

JACK IS BACK CONFIRMED!

or 

KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE CONFIRMED!

or..

or...

um...

SWEEPSTAKES CONFIRMED!

CONFUSION CONFIRMED!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey, anyone else get a survey from the HHN site today?  I left my computer for 10 minutes while on the HHN page and when I got back a popup asked me if I wanted to take a survey.

General stuff, but I had to laugh when they asked if I agreed that this year's HHN website was the best/most unique/scariest Halloween website I've ever seen.  Who the hell would possibly agree with that?

I guess they feel they are breaking new ground with this site?  That's interesting.

I expressed sentiments above about ticketing options

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I gotta believe they are NOT getting rid of FFP.  Can you imagine all the people holding out for FFP only to find out that they are not available - AFTER they take away the BOGO?

I'm especially counting on Rush of Fear + Express.

If they get rid of the "+Express" I will probably only go for a couple of nights instead of 4.  Would probably hit Howl O Scream.

OMG exactly! Like if that did happen I would be feeling so b**ch slapped....but I (we) always have this worry every year and the FFPs have always returned and just need to hold confidence that'll happen again, any reason we would expect otherwise this year? If anything I would just expect a price hike as that seems to be more likely than removing the pass, no?

I wonder if they'll bring back the unlimited pass. Do we know how well it sold, if at all, last year? I have to wait to see what they have and what works best since I'll be doing 2 weekends this year and not during the typical ROF period.

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

OMG exactly! Like if that did happen I would be feeling so b**ch slapped....but I (we) always have this worry every year and the FFPs have always returned and just need to hold confidence that'll happen again, any reason we would expect otherwise this year? If anything I would just expect a price hike as that seems to be more likely than removing the pass, no?

Honestly, the BOGO deal is pretty much a 2-visit FFP already.  You get two physical tickets and can use them any Sun-Fri.  They just don't have a "+Express" option.  

I think they are just trying something new.  After all, they have 600 brand new rooms they need to fill.  With Aventura opening in August (after the summer rush), HHN will be the first opportunity to fill those rooms.

Getting pre-bookings is very important, and offering a "limited time only" BOGO deal for HHN is a great way to get those pre-bookings.   Keep in mind the Aventura is a budget class hotel so they are targeting people who are looking for a deal on tickets.

That being said, I fully expect FFP to come back, but if they end up doing gangbusters on the BOGO deal, they will probably put a lower cap on the FFP or jack up the price - alot.  If the BOGO deal is proving to be a bust, I'd think the FFP would be much like in the past. 

Faceleg: I fully expect the unlimited pass to come back.  I don't see a downside; they can always cap the sales.  If it costs $100 more than last year, then we know it sold well.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Hey, anyone else get a survey from the HHN site today?  I left my computer for 10 minutes while on the HHN page and when I got back a popup asked me if I wanted to take a survey.

General stuff, but I had to laugh when they asked if I agreed that this year's HHN website was the best/most unique/scariest Halloween website I've ever seen.  Who the hell would possibly agree with that?

I guess they feel they are breaking new ground with this site?  That's interesting.

I expressed sentiments above about ticketing options

Nah, I remember taking something along those lines on the last website (Although apart from visual style, this website isn’t that different).

Hi everyone!

I've been working since Friday. I work retail. I have no brain left. Forgive the absence. I'll try to get back to my clue. 

Obssrvation:

This promo has Fear lives in the shadows. The Fear tag line continues. 

Side note: Weird convoluted clues may pay off in the long run. Recent posts I've seen on FB lead me to believe we may have, emphasis on may, riddles and puzzles to solve in the near future. Fingers crossed. 

• Like 3

If they got rid of FFP it would probably make me cry... legit cry. then i would probably try to get hired by universal just to be able to attend lol 

I dont mind if they cut some days on the pass. they dont need to get rid of it, they can just make it 13 days long or something. if they are having trouble with how big the crowds are or if they want to sell more single tickets, they can just get rid of all the different FFP options and sell ONE FFP ticket for everyone that is 13 days or something 

I think a couple of years ago the FFP was that short anyways.

I seriously hope they dont get rid of it, I cannot imagine the amount of angry people if they did that. their social media would blow up with negativity. it would be weird without the FFP. 
Isnt FFP what keeps the low days afloat? I recall some of the hurricane days being really really empty in the past and the park selling food and drinks and stuff from people with FFP, specially that week right after the hurricane when a lot of people cancelled their plans to come. i remember people talking about super short lines.  kinda like when they added Nov 4 and 5 like two years ago. wasnt those two days just a bunch of FFP people at the park? i remember lines were like 5 minutes for all houses 

If they got rid of FFP, would days like that just be completely empty? 

2 hours ago, clash said:

If they got rid of FFP, would days like that just be completely empty? 

Given today's interest in HHN, I doubt it.  Way before FFP, non-peak days were certainly more enjoyable (excluding hell week).

• Like 1

Hey all, I’ve not been active AT ALL on the forums since 22...moving to the desert will do that to you. But, since I’m back in FL and a UOAP again, I decided to look up the site and was ecstatic to find it was still around since I was active until not long after the vault got shut down. 

Anyway,on to the actual spec discussion/comment: as hopeful as I am for IT, probably not happening unless it’s the “secret house”. The Thing however, I’ve been seeing and hearing a lot of buzz about from all my sources I go to. Couple things with that, firstly, why would they do the thing, there’s no significance to doing that as an ip house to promote a current or upcoming movie, hell the prequel came out the better part of a decade ago....now don’t get me twisted, I would love it as a house again as it’s my favorite non franchised horror movie ever. Next, Kind of on the back of my previous statement I don’t see them allocating the resources for a thing house again without reason, granted the one in 07 didn’t really have a reason aside from our first really ip heavy event.

You want to impress me and others with a horror movie turned haunt that is still relevant/current? Give me Winchester. HELL, don’t even need to make it tied to the movie so much, could be more effective as a haunted house maze a la Wyandott estate.

TL;DR— Thing unlikely, Winchester more likely, Probably a LT connection.

Edited by Iwrestledabearonce
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Iwrestledabearonce said:

Hey all, I’ve not been active AT ALL on the forums since 22...moving to the desert will do that to you. But, since I’m back in FL and a UOAP again, I decided to look up the site and was ecstatic to find it was still around since I was active until not long after the vault got shut down. 

Anyway,on to the actual spec discussion/comment: as hopeful as I am for IT, probably not happening unless it’s the “secret house”. The Thing however, I’ve been seeing and hearing a lot of buzz about from all my sources I go to. Couple things with that, firstly, why would they do the thing, there’s no significance to doing that as an ip house to promote a current or upcoming movie, hell the prequel came out the better part of a decade ago....now don’t get me twisted, I would love it as a house again as it’s my favorite non franchised horror movie ever. Next, Kind of on the back of my previous statement I don’t see them allocating the resources for a thing house again without reason, granted the one in 07 didn’t really have a reason aside from our first really ip heavy event.

You want to impress me and others with a horror movie turned haunt that is still relevant/current? Give me Winchester. HELL, don’t even need to make it tied to the movie so much, could be more effective as a haunted house maze a la Wyandott estate.

TL;DR— Thing unlikely, Winchester more likely, Probably a LT connection.

I agree. I love the Thing but I think the majority of people (myself included) were hopeful just because they missed a Thing house before.

Was Winchester that good?

Also unrelated but were/are you a member of iwrestledabearonce?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Iwrestledabearonce said:

The Thing however, I’ve been seeing and hearing a lot of buzz about from all my sources I go to.

Sounds like Entertainment's misdirection to me, my friend.

Welcome back to speculation, things have gotten pretty crazy.

Edited by fvcking cvnt
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Sounds like UC's misdirection to me, my friend.

Welcome back to speculation, things have gotten pretty crazy.

UC as in Universal Creative? They have nothing to do with HHN.

I know, it’s a bit petty, but it matters. HHN is put on by the Entertainment department, and created specifically by Art and Design within Entertainment.

Creative does rides. Entertainment does shows. HHN is a show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic