Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

2 hours ago, ChildOfHorror said:

Reading rainbow? Released in 1983 along with about a hundred classic horror films but only a few with compound names, such as Videodrome . Fallling down the wrong rabbit hole Mystique?

You found the Rainbow. Well, a rainbow. 

There's something about that Rainbow that will lead you the next piece of the puzzle. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Midnight Detective said:

@Legacy

@mystiquephreeq

Pickle Rick 

Schwartz Pickles

Alvin Schwartz

Scary Tales to Tell in the Dark

Del Toro is working on a film adaptation

Is this the rainbow connection?

https://www.amazon.com/Reading-Rainbow-Readers-Scary-Stories/dp/1587170361

Just shorten it to scary tales

Also LeVar Burton was in a horror movie, The midnight hour, made in 1985. It was about a 300 year old witch 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChildOfHorror said:

Just shorten it to scary tales

Also LeVar Burton was in a horror movie, The midnight hour, made in 1985. It was about a 300 year old witch 

I highly doubt it was an intentional connection but the actor who played Burton's dad in Star Trek was also in the show Oz

9 minutes ago, faceleg said:

So if the Path of the Wicked is a correct hint as well, does that mean it won't be Scary Tales: Path of the Wicked? 

I think so.

Actually I'm really buying into the Bloody Mary returning theory right now.

A Path of the Wicked house marks 2 sequels from that year. Even Stranger Things' Upside down could relate thematically.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChildOfHorror said:

Blizzard, Jim Jones cult, charmed, or Murder she wrote.. which door should I open, or am I in the wrong hallway all together 

Murder She Wrote was originally at Universal. That's the new house, with an evil Angela Lansbury and she's killing everyone.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Maxmoser said:

350.png

"Rumor" = Someone credible (or sourced evidence) says something is happening. ("Someone inside Universal told me we'll have 10 houses.")

"Speculation" = Deduction based on disparate information.  ("Winchester could be a house.")

I am being told no icon (rumor). Based on other things I know, I can also speculate there won't be an icon.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Legacy said:

"Rumor" = Someone credible (or sourced evidence) says something is happening. ("Someone inside Universal told me we'll have 10 houses.")

"Speculation" = Deduction based on disparate information.  ("Winchester could be a house.")

I am being told no icon (rumor). Based on other things I know, I can also speculate there won't be an icon.

Obviously, no one knows about the top secret house. Would you be surprised, based off of what you know, if the secret house ended up being an IT or Halloween 2018 house? Or even TLB? 

36 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

Obviously, no one knows about the top secret house. Would you be surprised, based off of what you know, if the secret house ended up being an IT or Halloween 2018 house? Or even TLB? 

Very.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I just watched The Lost Boys for the first time and maybe my mind wasn't in the right place or idk what I was expecting but I found it well....underwhelming. I am so down for camp and such but I fail to see what this property could bring that Vamp '55 didn't already. I felt it doesn't warrant a house and it could be a cute SZ but like I said it is just Vamp '55 revisited. The vampires were basic....what is the draw that this property needs to come to HHN so bad?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So here's my guess so far:

1. Coach = Poltergeist
    • Craig T. Nelson, who played the father in Poltergeist, also played Coach Hayden Fox in the show Coach.
    • Coach may also be Clue #4
  2. Dynamite = Trick 'r Treat (Clue #2)
    • Don't really need to explain this, do I?
  3. Feature = Most Likely Secret House (Special Feature?)
  4. Fireball = Stranger Things (NO clue)
  5. Meteor = Original (Clue #6 or 7)
  6. Poison = Original (Clue #5 or 6)
  7. Rag-tag = Cult of Immortal (or Undead) Carnies (Clue #3)
    • Clue #3's rule was elements of the story; assuming that it meant finding a key specific piece of the story each R&M gif was referring to, I watched each scene of the episodes they belonged to.
      • Part 1 - The "backwards savages" referred to the cult of tree-people that Morty joined when he and Rick were stranded in the mini-mini-mini-verse. 
      • Part 2 - Rick's "Good One Jerry" referred to the "Insane Clown Posse" joke Jerry made.
      • Part 3 - The main key piece of the plot during the episode was the "Immortality field" that Rick and Jerry inadvertantly destroyed while escaping from alien hitmen.
    • Adding up all of those pieces leads you to a savage group of immortal, insane, clowns. When you hear savage group/cult of clowns, you tend to think "Carnies," and the codename "rag-tag" fits that term nicely. Usually in horror, people tend to associate immortality with "undead" and by that extension 'graveyards." Therefore, it's probably an Undead Carny Graveyard.
  8. Snacks = Return of ANDI? (Clue #8?)
  9. Surprise = Happy Death Day or Secret House
  10. Zero = Dead Exposure: Patient Zero (Clue #1)

- I think either "Meteor" or "Poison" might be the returning original of Scary Tales: Wizard of Oz, which I'm sure is Clue #6 from all the speculation in the past 1-2 pages.

- Clue #7's Name is Nihilism, and its rule is "Sleight," meaning deceptive. Maybe it's not on the clip or the scene its in, or even the plot of the episode itself. The episode the GIF belongs to is titled, "Big Trouble in Little Sanchez." The title is a play on the movie "Big Trouble in Little China," which was directed by John Carpenter, whose movies had a consistent theme of nihilism, especially in his cult classic version of "The Thing." Now it might seem unlikely given the rumors this time around (and the info I was given, whose main sources seem to be quite reputable), so maybe it's an original version of it? 

I'll edit this every now and then.

Edited by RockinSight
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, Rikku said:

So I just watched The Lost Boys for the first time and maybe my mind wasn't in the right place or idk what I was expecting but I found it well....underwhelming. I am so down for camp and such but I fail to see what this property could bring that Vamp '55 didn't already. I felt it doesn't warrant a house and it could be a cute SZ but like I said it is just Vamp '55 revisited. The vampires were basic....what is the draw that this property needs to come to HHN so bad?

I agree that it’s no horror masterpiece, but it’s a fun 80s vampire flick that I think would be pretty enjoyable as a house or zone.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rikku said:

Reading this post made a lightbulb go off for me-I really need to stop comparing TLB to Vamp ‘55. In order to compare the two I have to take away so much from Vamp ‘55 and add too much to that SZ to make it similar enough to TLB, and comparisons (IMO) shouldn’t take that much addition & subtraction. I loved Vamp ‘55 but, IMO, it was essentially Grease with vampires. And how could I compare TLB and Grease? The only thing they have in common is teenagers with leather jackets. Same goes for Vamp ‘55, take out the greasers/T Birds and it’s a lot more difficult to compare the two. 

• Like 2

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic