Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

6 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I could be way off (as usual) but ragtag & imagination are sticking out to me cause I can definitely link them to two IP’s. 

Nobody has really confidently nailed down the house you talked pretty in depth about the possibility of in one of your posts. They did guess your username though, but I think I made it a little too easy

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Nobody has really confidently nailed down the house you talked pretty in depth about the possibility of in one of your posts. They did guess your username though, but I think I made it a little too easy

Lost Boys, right?

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

They did it with a portion of a walking dead house.

??? what does this have to do with the quote you used, I'm confused.

7 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The one I altered is in a separate post. Maybe I'll work up a @Legacy style clue for that one. 

Remind me to look through your post history tomorrow, haha. Night everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

Nobody has really confidently nailed down the house you talked pretty in depth about the possibility of in one of your posts.

Instead of paying any attention to Stephen Colbert or playing delightful video games after work I read all of DraculaTeeth's posts again and these are the ones I haven't seen others say much about-

Suspiria- embarassed to say I've never seen it.

Poltergeist- but Ringwraith made a joke about it

Fright Night- I'd love it, but would anyone else care?

Sleepaway Camp- I seriously doubt it. I'm not sure you could stick that ending... 

Creepshow- possible S. King entanglements?

and, my favorite, an IP that would make my entire trip, Aliens. 

And obviously Lost Boys, but we've talked that one into the ground and it looks like it actually still has a good shot, so kudos should be given for that alone. 

Please, your gentle Wraithiness, is the IP you speak of one of these? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRobcat said:

Instead of paying any attention to Stephen Colbert or playing delightful video games after work I read all of DraculaTeeth's posts again and these are the ones I haven't seen others say much about-

Sleepaway Camp- I seriously doubt it. I'm not sure you could stick that ending... 

And obviously Lost Boys, but we've talked that one into the ground and it looks like it actually still has a good shot, so kudos should be given for that alone. 

I had an aha! moment earlier while trying to figure out a way to create to my clue 

One of those IPs was the aha! moment, but it hasn't been rumored or even alluded to that I'm aware of. 

Clue: seek out an incredible actor's filmography 

*Edit: I need to figure out how to beat this insomnia. My sentence structure is getting worse. Not a clue. Just a forewarning. The aphasia/dysphasia is real bad right now. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Suspiria :wub: Would love to see Argento get some love at the event.

Also Sleepaway Camp would be amazing. Although it is basically a rip off of F13th. 

Off topic: Hey guys! Haven't posted in a very long time. Just been a lurker for a while now. Glad to be back on the forums! 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I hope it’s my Shangri La...BUT IT MIGHT NOT BE! It may be the one where I mentioned screens, and I might have mentioned animatronics &/or puppets, and I know I didn’t mention Zelda Rubinstein but she’s a legend so she goes without mentioning. 

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I had an aha! moment earlier while trying to figure out a way to create to my clue 

One of those IPs was the aha! moment, but it hasn't been rumored or even alluded to that I'm aware of. 

Clue: seek out an incredible actor's filmography 

*Edit: I need to figure out how to beat this insomnia. My sentence structure is getting worse. Not a clue. Just a forewarning. The aphasia/dysphasia is real bad right now. 

Could it really be? 

WhVFmS7.gif

HOLD ON-FREEZE!!! An incredible actor’s filmography? Maybe it’s too damn early for me to be doing this but we all know what movie Craig T. Nelson is also the dad in. 

Edited by DraculaTeeth
I’m hoping I’m on to something. And now another edit cause now I really think I’m on to something.
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I made an account at IU eons ago but I don’t remember the password or email so I’m posting this here but @Legacy there’s a movie theater called Ragtag Cinema in the show me state of MO, isn’t there??

Is there any other way you can confirm if that's the correct answer?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Is there any other way you can confirm if that's the correct answer?

Well I don’t have your exact quote at hand but it was something along of the lines of “show me where I can see a movie in downtown Columbia.” I googled Columbia, SC theaters cause that was my first thought however the results that came up were (IMO) too basic for you and I quickly remembered we need to read between the lines of your clues. Thanks to pageants it hit me-show me state, Missouri, so I googled theaters in Columbia, MO and Ragtag popped up. I had mentioned Ragtag sticking out to me in @mystiquephreeq‘s post, but I don’t know whether that was before or after your Columbia clue. I also google mapped the address of the cinema and it does look to be in downtown Columbia, off of S. College Ave. 

That whole psychotic wall of text I just left you could be for nothing but that’s my guess! Now as to what IP it might be referring to, I linked it The Lost Boys (duh) and AHS, but I’m sure it can be linked to others. Maybe that’s the one for ST?? 

And I’m also gonna echo @fvcking cvntand thank you (and @mystiquephreeqand @Ringwraith & everyone else involved sorry if I forgot you) for leaving these clues as they are a hell of a lot more interesting way to bide time. I can’t wait to see how dead wrong I may be!

• Like 6

so literally half this board knows something/everything.... all this vague talk is giving me a headache... am I just in a bad mood or is there actually nothing to talk about right now?

seems like everything is up in the air right now besides whats been announced.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

'Tis one

10 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Lost Boys, right?

??? what does this have to do with the quote you used, I'm confused.

Remind me to look through your post history tomorrow, haha. Night everyone.

In regard to the IP that is the one, not the three; Blumhouse, Saw and TWD have done this with glee.

(This happened in REAL F***ING TIME. As I was writing this, the damn theme song of the house @fvcking cvnt is trying to guess, just went off as a ringtone at my office! You can't make this stuff up!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I’m not expecting another announcement until mid to late May.

Yeah, I double check every Thu and Fri as well, but ST wasn't announced that long ago (even if it feels like months for many of us) . Probably first week of May at the very earliest. Hope to be wrong, but there is a lot of time to space stuff out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

'Tis one

In regard to the IP that is the one, not the three; Blumhouse, Saw and TWD have done this with glee.

(This happened in REAL F***ING TIME. As I was writing this, the damn theme song of the house @fvcking cvnt is trying to guess, just went off as a ringtone at my office! You can't make this stuff up!

Pretty obviously Halloween.

A. Of the other three, only NOES comes anywhere near having as iconic a theme.

B. There’s a movie coming out in October, exact same scenario with Saw last year.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Hurm... 

I'm glad we have narrowed things down a bit, and I have a strong feeling for Poltergeist, though have little to back that up. Also, maybe the Alien rumor is actually Aliens, so that'd be neat and if it ends up being Fright Night I'll be absurdly happy. 

11 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Hmm... this seems to be another mashup or maybe best of house? Maybe not though. Haven't researched. And if so, this would be in addition to the possible Romero house? 

I feel it may be Halloween since it will have showed up every other year for a while 

Edited by TheRobcat

9 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Pretty obviously Halloween.

A. Of the other three, only NOES comes anywhere near having as iconic a theme.

B. There’s a movie coming out in October, exact same scenario with Saw last year.

Solid detective work, but I know you understand I cannot confirm nor deny.

• Like 3

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic