Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

13 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Is the Jungleskip guy on the IU page a reputable source? Seems like he is sure IT is gone.....

that being said, I'm done speculating and getting my hopes up. It's not worth getting worked up about. Gonna sit back and enjoy the ride and wait and see what happens... either way, I'm sure it'll turn out great.

He’s someone I pay attention to. He gets information. Whether he’s accurate on this, I’m not sure.

And a tip is treat speculation and your desire as two different things. If what you want to see is driving your speculation, then speculation will be a lot harder. It has to be objective.

• Like 3

It's been a while since I messaged here, so I'm just going to say what I believe will be coming this year, from most likely to not likely:

1.  Strangers Things
    • -___-   I mean come on, it's already confirmed <_<
  2. AHS: Cult
    • It makes the most sense, since Universal probably got into a 3-year contract with AHS to have 3 seasons in 2016, 3 more in 2017, and catch up to the entire series with their season 7 house this year. It's logical.
  3. Blumhouse's Halloween
    • I feel like they will have it this year since they've had both Blumhouse movies AND the Halloween franchise multiple times in years past, so what better way to have the best of both with the upcoming Halloween movie coming out this fall! It certainly does not hurt at all. However, in the 25% chance this doesn't happen, expect The Conjuring to take its place, even though I highly doubt that (I'll explain that when I get there further down.)
  4. A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • If this does happen, I will be pleasantly happy, but not surprised. HHN has had ANOES since 2007 (not accounting for All Nite Die-IN) and Freddy was in Freddy vs Jason in 2015. It would be easier to have A Nightmare on Elm Street since they've had the rights for years, so there would be no problems or concerns bringing it in this year, especially with the rumors of an 80's-themed year as well as the fact that HHN has been having classic houses as of late (AWIL, Halloween, Exorcist, The Shining, etc.) If this doesn't happen, then I feel that either the rumored Alien or The Thing will take its place.
  5. Trick 'R Treat
    • It got SOTY last year, and it's such a fan favorite. HHN has had subsequent years where a scarezone became a house the following year (Saws and Steam). I'd be a little surprised if it did not happen this year, especially since it's fresh in everyone's mind, and it's got great house potential.
  6. IT 
    • Now this is quite the peculiar one. Very peculiar indeed. You see, I believe that the complication of leaks and purposely created "false rumors" were done with IT in mind. From all the information I've heard, if A&D had already anticipated and knew of the leakers, then "it" (hehe) would make sense to have IT, one of the most popular Horror IPs in recent years covered with false rumors of "it" getting cut. After all, IPs fall through almost all the time. It is a very plausible and logical rumor that people would believe, albeit begrudgingly. On the other hand, IT could have very well "fallen though," and IT may not come this year. If that's true, then I am 100% sure that The Lost Boys will take its place. IT's pretty much 50/50.

Now for the 4 that I believe will Probably NOT come this year, from maybe to absolutely not:

1. John Carpenter's The Thing
    • I'm going to be honest: I want The Thing to come to Horror Nights this year. Really bad. Even more so than IT :blink: . The 2011 Prequel was my first House at HHN, and the 1982 version I saw the day after coming back from HHN that year brought me into horror. I want this house so much. After hearing rumors of it coming back this year, I was so happy and hopeful about seeing it at HHN 28. That being said, it may not be likely that this will come this year. However, with the whole 80's vibe that this year might have, The Thing is not completely off the table, so there's some hope. If anything, it will replace either ANOES or Trick 'R Treat.
  2. Alien
    • As much as I see it being here this year as I do with A Nightmare on Elm Street, I don't see them BOTH happening this year; it's an either-or scenario. Even though Alien v Predator was at HHN in 2014, I see Alien as a whole new monster, and since I'm not sure how much of a hold HHN has on the rights to this IP, I see ANOES as the most likely possibility, especially since we know that HHN has the rights to the popular IP.
  3. The Lost Boys
    • Again, I see this being an either-or scenario with IT, with this coming if IT doesn't; but, since I feel that IT may be coming, I don't think this will be there. Either way, which ever does come, I will be extremely happy.
  4. The Conjuring
    • With the $1 billion lawsuit that was just settled a few months ago concerning this franchise, I am pretty sure that this IP is not happening at all this year. Planning for the next HHN takes place the day after the end of the current one, usually in November. The nasty lawsuit was still going on strong at that time, and it was expected to continue for months; granted, it was settled mid-December, so there is some possibility that this IP may still happen, but until I see an announcement, I'm not convinced. Though I will be extremely, pleasantly surprised if The Conjuring comes to HHN 28 this year. 

Now I know that's a lot, So here's the Tl;Dr version.

What I think will be at HHN 28:

1. Stranger Things (Strictly speculation TOTALLY UNSURE)
  3. Halloween (If not, then Conjuring)
  4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (If not then either The Thing or Alien)
  5. Trick 'R Treat (If not then The Thing)
  6. IT (If not then Lost Boys)
Edited by RockinSight
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Merlin said:

What is up all my fellow HNN friends! Once again, I enjoyed my off season nap and am back on the forums. What have I missed so far? Hopefully no drama with year XD

no drama...on this forum at least. I'm actually planning on taking a break from the Inside Universal hhn 28 thread, it's much more fun on here.

• Like 3

I actually just stumbled on the IU thread from our thread here after trying to look back 5-6 pages to see if I missed anything. I've never been on that site before. Glad everyone has gotten along well. Where's my friend, @criticalanalysis , at?? What's this Ifrit thing about? Insider leaking riddles? @Legacy still going strong as always, glad to see some familiar faces around!

• Like 1

I really wish they would hurry up with the multi-nights passes! I can't see them ever doing away with them completely because it would drop attendance significantly! Plus, for people from out of town like myself, the multi-night ticket is the reason I go! Past three years now I've stayed onsite for 16-18 nights and attended three full weekends. Have had Aventura booked since Sept of last year for 17 nights this year. If for some stupid reason they don't offer the Rush of Fear, I will drop that down to just a long weekend and probably only attend 1 night. You would think they would want to start collecting money now from people that want to attend and for people that are on the fence about going, having a multi-night ticket might convince them to make a trip over for a long weekend. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Merlin said:

What's this Ifrit thing about? Insider leaking riddles? @Legacy still going strong as always, glad to see some familiar faces around!

Ifrit is a twitter user that posts riddles alluding to IPs and originals which they have heard are rumored to be coming to the event

Yeah, @Legacy was a big reason I stayed on the IU thread, he always makes things interesting with his hints

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

is there a reason people hate on ifrit so much?

Best I can figure it, some think Iffy is just a board lurker who catches onto things and comes up with cryptic posts, though I thought he knew too much about original content last year for that to be a case. Ifrit either has firsthand info or knows someone who does. 

Some think his rhymes can be used for multiple different properties at once and isn't really saying anything, but in my experience there are certainly red herrings, but it always has a definitive end goal which is then confirmed at the end of each tweet string. 

I think a lot of people might just not like that Ifrit seems to tell everyone what is coming and ends speculation. 

And hey, maybe Ifrit got bad or tainted info this year. Not impossible. Good to take everything with a grain of salt

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure Ifrit is an insider.  If things change, then what Ifrit says corrects accordingly.  I think people hate on him/her (how do we know it's a "him"?) because of what @Legacy said earlier about objectivity.  If you really, really desire something (like me and @mystiquephreeq do with IT), then your contribution to speculation is skewed towards fitting what you want into what is being said instead of objectively reading what is being said to determine what will actually be.  Make sense?  

I, too, have internally shelved the hope of IT coming to the event.  When I heard this was "definitely happening", my heart exploded.. and then I immediately thought "are you insane? Until it's officially announced, step back."  Apparently, my initial response was the correct one.  Wariness with speculation and rumor is a prudent thing.

No matter what will be at HHN, it will be awesome.  My airfare is already booked for three different weekends.  I'm considering a fourth (opening weekend) as well, but I want to know more of what is officially coming before I shell out more $$.  On a related note - frequent fear is assumed.  It BETTER be back because traveling isn't cheap.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RockinSight said:

It's been a while since I messaged here, so I'm just going to say what I believe will be coming this year, from most likely to not likely:

1.  Strangers Things
    • -___-   I mean come on, it's already confirmed <_<
    • It makes the most sense, since Universal probably got into a 3-year contract with AHS to have 3 seasons in 2016, 3 more in 2017, and catch up to the entire series with their season 7 house this year. It's logical.
  3. Blumhouse's Halloween
    • I feel like they will have it this year since they've had both Blumhouse movies AND the Halloween franchise multiple times in years past, so what better way to have the best of both with the upcoming Halloween movie coming out this fall! It certainly does not hurt at all. However, in the 25% chance this doesn't happen, expect The Conjuring to take its place, even though I highly doubt that (I'll explain that when I get there further down.)
  4. A Nightmare on Elm Street
    • If this does happen, I will be pleasantly happy, but not surprised. HHN has had ANOES since 2007 (not accounting for All Nite Die-IN) and Freddy was in Freddy vs Jason in 2015. It would be easier to have A Nightmare on Elm Street since they've had the rights for years, so there would be no problems or concerns bringing it in this year, especially with the rumors of an 80's-themed year as well as the fact that HHN has been having classic houses as of late (AWIL, Halloween, Exorcist, The Shining, etc.) If this doesn't happen, then I feel that either the rumored Alien or The Thing will take its place.
  5. Trick 'R Treat
    • It got SOTY last year, and it's such a fan favorite. HHN has had subsequent years where a scarezone became a house the following year (Saws and Steam). I'd be a little surprised if it did not happen this year, especially since it's fresh in everyone's mind, and it's got great house potential.
  6. IT 
    • Now this is quite the peculiar one. Very peculiar indeed. You see, I believe that the complication of leaks and purposely created "false rumors" were done with IT in mind. From all the information I've heard, if A&D had already anticipated and knew of the leakers, then "it" (hehe) would make sense to have IT, one of the most popular Horror IPs in recent years covered with false rumors of "it" getting cut. After all, IPs fall through almost all the time. It is a very plausible and logical rumor that people would believe, albeit begrudgingly. On the other hand, IT could have very well "fallen though," and IT may not come this year. If that's true, then I am 100% sure that The Lost Boys will take its place. IT's pretty much 50/50.

Now for the 4 that I believe will Probably NOT come this year, from maybe to absolutely not:

1. John Carpenter's The Thing
    • I'm going to be honest: I want The Thing to come to Horror Nights this year. Really bad. Even more so than IT :blink: . The 2011 Prequel was my first House at HHN, and the 1982 version I saw the day after coming back from HHN that year brought me into horror. I want this house so much. After hearing rumors of it coming back this year, I was so happy and hopeful about seeing it at HHN 28. That being said, it may not be likely that this will come this year. However, with the whole 80's vibe that this year might have, The Thing is not completely off the table, so there's some hope. If anything, it will replace either ANOES or Trick 'R Treat.
  2. Alien
    • As much as I see it being here this year as I do with A Nightmare on Elm Street, I don't see them BOTH happening this year; it's an either-or scenario. Even though Alien v Predator was at HHN in 2014, I see Alien as a whole new monster, and since I'm not sure how much of a hold HHN has on the rights to this IP, I see ANOES as the most likely possibility, especially since we know that HHN has the rights to the popular IP.
  3. The Lost Boys
    • Again, I see this being an either-or scenario with IT, with this coming if IT doesn't; but, since I feel that IT may be coming, I don't think this will be there. Either way, which ever does come, I will be extremely happy.
  4. The Conjuring
    • With the $1 billion lawsuit that was just settled a few months ago concerning this franchise, I am pretty sure that this IP is not happening at all this year. Planning for the next HHN takes place the day after the end of the current one, usually in November. The nasty lawsuit was still going on strong at that time, and it was expected to continue for months; granted, it was settled mid-December, so there is some possibility that this IP may still happen, but until I see an announcement, I'm not convinced. Though I will be extremely, pleasantly surprised if The Conjuring comes to HHN 28 this year. 

Now I know that's a lot, So here's the Tl;Dr version.

What I think will be at HHN 28:

1. Stranger Things (Strictly speculation TOTALLY UNSURE)
  3. Halloween (If not, then Conjuring)
  4. A Nightmare on Elm Street (If not then either The Thing or Alien)
  5. Trick 'R Treat (If not then The Thing)
  6. IT (If not then Lost Boys)

Amazing! I hope half of this happens.

@JMalez on IU:

"Regarding the four that aren't happening (as of now)...
If I remember correctly, Legacy said a while back that an IP got 'snowed' - The Thing takes place in the snow so maybe i'm making something out of nothing but I would venture to guess it's one of the four. (Along with, lost boys, IT, and Alien)"

I'm not sure where they have their reasoning for the other three, but that Thing connection makes sense. Alien, IT, and Thing are the ones I want the most, while I admit, they don't really seem feasible. I just hope by some miracle we get one of those. If we get none of these, I hope they really bring some other good ass IPs. Hopefully we get NoES and/or Halloween, and Trick 'r Treat'd be good.

• Like 1

Echoing @hunnylvr‘s sentiments, I’m feeling the exact same way just towards The Lost Boys. There’s just so many IP’s being thrown around. Not to discredit &/or offend anyone who is connected and has heard & shared info, but until something is announced by Universal themselves I’m just gonna take everything with an enormous grain of salt. 

All that being said though personally I’m kinda hoping for something out of left field this year! However I’m also feeling like we’re starting to run out of IP’s to talk about.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Echoing @hunnylvr‘s sentiments, I’m feeling the exact same way just towards The Lost Boys. There’s just so many IP’s being thrown around. Not to discredit &/or offend anyone who is connected and has heard & shared info, but until something is announced by Universal themselves I’m just gonna take everything with an enormous grain of salt. 

All that being said though personally I’m kinda hoping for something out of left field this year! However I’m also feeling like we’re starting to run out of IP’s to talk about.

Look out for that. Whatever's out in left field can creep up on you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Tremors? Creepshow? Children of the Corn? Amityville? Pet Semetary? Best of Hellraiser? Just stamp your foot and start barking if any of these are close. Aliens? Dawn of the Dead?

*taps foot and grunts*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic