Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Over on the IU there is talk of losing Trick r Treat. Does anyone know if there was a fracture with Warner Brothers? I kind of thought it was weird to lose one but not both originally. 

If any of this is true.

Who even knows anymore.

Still, it's a fun ride. 

Also, if any of this means we get a Titans of Terror, I'm ALL FOR a titans of terror for an 80's themed year. It would be crazy fun and the merch, y'all, the meeeerch.... 

Edited by TheRobcat

It’s more interesting to have actual speculation of what’s coming this year. Last year the list was leaked ridiculously early which meant we were just waiting for announcements to confirm what we already knew (which I think added to the frustration). 

With even those “in the know” seemingly being slightly wrong footed this year makes things much more exciting. Was it like this in years past?

• Like 1

There's talk of it because of my uncertainty about Houses. But speculation doesn't equal rumor.

People need to keep that in mind.

EDIT -

6 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

It’s more interesting to have actual speculation of what’s coming this year. Last year the list was leaked ridiculously early which meant we were just waiting for announcements to confirm what we already knew (which I think added to the frustration). 

With even those “in the know” seemingly being slightly wrong footed this year makes things much more exciting. Was it like this in years past?

This is much closer to what it was like in the aughts. It's different. There's far more people who "know" stuff now. But when the old-hats talk about missing old speculation, this is why.

I'll even admit, I'm holding back some information and phrasing things in certain ways to try and drive conversation. It's far more interesting that way.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

There's talk of it because of my uncertainty about Houses. But speculation doesn't equal rumor.

People need to keep that in mind.

EDIT -

This is much closer to what it was like in the aughts. It's different. There's far more people who "know" stuff now. But when the old-hats talk about missing old speculation, this is why.

I'll even admit, I'm holding back some information and phrasing things in certain ways to try and drive conversation. It's far more interesting that way.

It's weird having an "in" and I'm doing my best to not blurt out everything I hear, because I know what it feels like to be on the other side and not know, but wanting to know. However, you're right, it is a lot of fun to not know and to try and figure it out.

I haven't had coffee yet, so I hope that previous segment was understandable.

• Like 5

Completely get where you’re both coming from, and agree it’s more fun to speculate and work things out rather than be told flat out “oh here’s what’s coming”. I know I  am enjoying this approach much more than last year.

Plus this speculation makes me want to investigate more horror films that get mentioned that perhaps I haven’t heard of, or got round to watching, or seen in a long time (for example rewatched the lost boys at the weekend just because of the chat on these forums). This is the kind of banter I like, which extends beyond the event. 

Only thing I’d say is that for guests travelling from further afar, knowing at least 2/3 of the main IPs coming helps in committing to go or not. For me I know I probably can’t afford or justify going next year, but it would only take 2/3 big must see IPs for me to start thinking about making it work. But that’s not for you guys to divulge. More a point for Universal as they continue to market the event to a more worldwide audience. 

• Like 3

On 4/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, DraculaTeeth said:

Agree to disagree then!

But if “Thriller” were to happen I’d imagine it’d be if AOV were to come back, and the overall theme is 80’s, they’d absolutely have a segment for it in their show (and hopefully “Dead Man’s Party” too. ST, The Lost Boys and then “Thriller” though...I’d probably just die of happiness lol

Since you mention "Thriller", I'll hijack the thread with a quick little tale of a very famous haunt I attended: Rocky Point Haunted House in Salt Lake City.  

This place was legendary.  Known for its movie-ready sets and intense scenes.  No joke - the worst set at Rocky Point was more detailed than the best set at HHN Orlando.  Every scene was self-contained and had its own theme.  And every set depicting an indoor theme had a ceiling.  After going through about a dozen sets, it transitioned to an indoor set that looked every bit like Orlando's Central Park at Night.  There were a few patrons wandering through it, so I started wandering a bit.  Then a few beats of an iconic song started - and those patrons began to stand at attention.  As the music continued they revealed themselves to be zombies and so began a full on Thriller dance performance - right in the middle of a freakin Haunted House.  It was a shortened version of the song, and when it was done, they zombified again and shambled off.  I've never seen anything like that in my life.  Clearly couldn't ever happen at HHN.  Turned out I saw that out of pure dumb luck.  The troupe performed in the house every weekend, and every show of course backed up the house, so they pulsed people in very carefully.  Not everyone would get to see it.  I was so lucky to have seen it from beginning to end.

Here is some news about that final year.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

If the total theme of this year turns out to be the 80's (which would just be amazing!) then I really hope AoV sticks with it. Seeing them do Thriller would be incredible! 

I'm still trying to figure out what the other show might be. My guess would be they would put it in Animal Actors unless Fear Factor is still standing by then. First thought was Rocky Horror but that was 1975. I honestly hope they create an original show like Bill and Ted but without them. I know the rumor was a HP Death Eater show but I still just honestly can't see that happening during HHN. Maybe as a day time thing during normal park hours but a HP show during HHN is could to bring in the wrong type of crowd I fear.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

most to least likely connections:

Halloween = in original film, a dog barks at Michael and he kills it

Thing = Malamutes

Lost Boys = hell hounds, but I don't remember these being in the dark.

TrT = werewolf story, I don't really remember the werewolves barking, so this one is a bit of a stretch.

None of these are particularly stealthy.

Edited by fvcking cvnt

17 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

most to least likely connections:

Halloween = in original film, a dog barks at Michael and he kills it

Thing = huskies

Lost Boys = hell hounds, but I don't remember these being in the dark.

TrT = werewolf story, I don't really remember the werewolves barking, so this one is a bit of a stretch.

None of these are particularly stealthy.

Alaskan Malamutes, not Siberian or Alaskan huskies. There's difference between each kind. Alaskan huskies are not considered a breed.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

DannyPowers on IU pointed out that "Michael Myers is credited as "The Shape" or "The Shape that moves" in the Halloween movies. Not much more digging need be done."

Indeed, he is. Hence the username choice of @TheShape1031

EDIT:

By the way, I can see both sides of the debate. 

The Shape alludes to Halloween. There's a barking dog. 

The kennel scene starts of with The Thing whimpering, then making a soft growl. The noise isn't, initially, coming from The Thing beyond that soft growl. 

• Like 3

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic