Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

7 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Just watched Lost Boys. Even just an Evil Dead 2 house would be infinitely better than this, not even thinking about a trilogy house. Like cmon, they could re-use the cabin that’s in parade! Makes me sad.

I'm with you.... Doesn't excite me in the least. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Just watched Lost Boys. Even just an Evil Dead 2 house would be infinitely better than this, not even thinking about a trilogy house. Like cmon, they could re-use the cabin that’s in parade! Makes me sad.

2 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

There's probably a specific age demographic that is hyped by the thought of a Lost Boys house. It's the same demographic that's more hyped than anyone for an 80's themed year. 

This is our childhood. There's a nostalgia that sucks (pun intended) us right in. 

Vampire houses are never frightening for me, but they are usually my favorite houses. I'm the weird one that loved Blade...I mean Vampyr: Bloodbath. Went through it three times the night I was there. The call of "Join us" used to creep out guests in vampire houses usually gets a response of "Yes, please!" from me. 

Lost Boys will have an aesthetic that I immensely enjoy. While I look forward to the potential of an upside down vampire scaring me from above, I'll spend the house reliving my desires to join the Frog brothers and Sam in their adventures and reveling in my continued desires to be one of the Lost Boys. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

This is our childhood. There's a nostalgia that sucks (pun intended) us right in. 

I agree. An 80's throwback theme along with Stranger Things could result in solid gold for HHN.

I foresee a lot of older guests coming for the first time (along with those who last came when they were a kid), and bringing their kids.

This year could have the potential of opening up two new demographics.  Heck, there's no way I am going to be able to go without taking my daughter; she will block the door unless I take her.

And for the young-uns saying that Lost Boys would be a snoozer, I grew up with that movie and loved it.  It could be a good house.  This coming from the guy who hates IP houses.  If we heard that HHN was presenting an original house based on a couple of young vampire hunters, I imagine the excitement level would be high.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I agree. An 80's throwback theme along with Stranger Things could result in solid gold for HHN.

I foresee a lot of older guests coming for the first time (along with those who last came when they were a kid), and bringing their kids.

This year could have the potential of opening up two new demographics.  Heck, there's no way I am going to be able to go without taking my daughter; she will block the door unless I take her.

And for the young-uns saying that Lost Boys would be a snoozer, I grew up with that movie and loved it.  It could be a good house.  This coming from the guy who hates IP houses.  If we heard that HHN was presenting an original house based on a couple of young vampire hunters, I imagine the excitement level would be high.

I do hope they're able to make a Stranger Things house scary.

1 minute ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I do hope they're able to make a Stranger Things house scary.

I mean, I think Uni can make anything scary (especially the demogorgon) but my main worry with the Lost Boys or AHS Cult house is more that they’ll be repetitive and kinda boring after repeat runs and just...I WANT AN EVIL DEAD TRILOGY HOUSE DAMMIT

• Like 1

With three news hotels and over 3,000 new onsite rooms being added by the time the 30th anniversary rolls around, I can't help but wonder if the budget this year went up in order to get more guests into the event to get them hooked. I have a feeling we will be seeing a LOT of first time visitors this year with just Stranger Things alone. Get them in this year, have them fall in love with the event so next year they go for a few nights and stay onsite at the new value resort. Then by the time the 30th rolls around and the 2nd half of the new resort (with over 2,000 new rooms alone) opens up, maybe, just maybe the event will have gotten big enough to branch into both parks for the BIG anniversary year. I think a big reason we don't have both parks now is the resort has gotten much more popular since the old IoA HHN days and they want to make sure guests that don't want to go to HHN have something to do in the evening over at IoA. 

This brings me to my next point...the new park that we all know is happening. Way to much prep work is already going on (heck, 2000 new rooms are being built close by it). IoA took about a year and half from breaking ground until grand opening. Even if they don't break ground until early next year, it's VERY possible they will have the new park open by fall 2020. This would easily allow them to expand to into IoA for the 30th anniversary without fear of shutting people out from all the parks. 

• Like 1

Yes. It’s a Halloween event. But I think having an 80’s throwback year doesn’t mean it needs to compromise on quality or scares. If anything I think I will enhance it. Not every house needs to be intense. That would be dull. The reason scarecrow did so well is there were a few milder houses that counteracted the intensity of scarecrow. You need balance in an event like this. Like my fave movie quote “without the bitter, the sweet ain’t so sweet”. Blinky cup drink for the first person to say which film that’s from (if you’re in Orlando the same time as me haha)

Mind I’d wet myself laughing if halfway through a maze the lights came on and Rick Ashley “never gonna give you up” came on, and you had to sing for your life

Edited by Drummanmatt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Finally saw Insidious The Last Key. Very disappointed. I feel like a big chunk of the second half of the film is missing which would have explained and tied it all together better. HHN nailed opening sequence to a T. Shame the rest of the maze never made the movie :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Finally saw Insidious The Last Key. Very disappointed. I feel like a big chunk of the second half of the film is missing which would have explained and tied it all together better. HHN nailed opening sequence to a T. Shame the rest of the maze never made the movie :(

Yeah seriously what even was the end of that house?

4 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

I went on the unmasking the horror tour and the guide explained each of the cells and the guy in the electric chair really well. None of that was in the final cut of the film, which was such a shame. 

Seems like we’ve found ANOTHER reason preview houses suck ass

35 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Blumhouse and Saw were my least favorites last year.

Why’d you dislike saw? There’s a lot of hate on here for that house but I found it enjoyable

22 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Why’d you dislike saw?

It wasn't really my thing. It just seemed like murder scene after murder scene instead of a cohesive house. Also, you had to hit each scene at pretty much the right moment or you'd miss it. I did enjoy the interactive wall buttons though. That was what I got the most fun out of. I was also greatly disappointed by the tiny little room they used for the bathroom scene in the original film. I just wasn't feelin' it. And Blumhouse was kind of a jumbled mess of my least favorite Blumhouse properties. 

1 minute ago, TheRobcat said:

It wasn't really my thing. It just seemed like murder scene after murder scene instead of a cohesive house. Also, you had to hit each scene at pretty much the right moment or you'd miss it. I did enjoy the interactive wall buttons though. That was what I got the most fun out of. I was also greatly disappointed by the tiny little room they used for the bathroom scene in the original film. I just wasn't feelin' it. And Blumhouse was kind of a jumbled mess of my least favorite Blumhouse properties. 

Idk I enjoyed seeing all the traps, and they were nowhere as timing reliant as say The Fallen. I thought the bathroom scene was sick!! It had the double scare and the dead body on the floor!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2018 at 10:27 PM, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So I just watched Lost Boys, and I'm not exactly sure how they'd turn that into a full length house. It'd be a fairly short one.

On 4/6/2018 at 12:59 AM, fvcking cvnt said:

On 4/6/2018 at 8:55 AM, TheShape1031 said:

Laugh at me all you want for this but The Lost Boys (and Suspiria but that’s a whole other Chinese takeout carton full of maggots) is basically my IT, my Halloween, my ANOES, my The Thing, etc. 

If any of you enjoyed the Vamp ‘55 SZ this essentially would be the house version of it, just subtracting all the girls (except Star, who I’m sure we’d see...Lucy, I’d doubt though) and adding more greasers in an 80’s beach setting instead of a 50’s high school. 

In a house setting I’d imagine we’d get maybe the Santa Carla billboard facade and a boardwalk scene, the beach concert (the Tim Capello scene has to go in their somewhere), their resort/lair/cave, the “Walk This Way” attack scene, Marco’s death and finale at Grandpa’s house. The Shining took place entirely in one location and (IMO) that was a terrific house. The Exorcist, for the most part, also took place in a kid’s bedroom and that was also (IMO) extremely effective. I just listed six different scenes we could have-& that isn’t including David & Michael’s fight scene and all the deaths at Grandpa’s house. If The Lost Boys does actually come to HHN, I think it could definitely be an average sized house.

If it does come and you go into it expecting to be paralyzed with fear, you’ll probably be disappointed but if you go into it looking at it for what it is-a classic 80’s Peter Pan with vampires movie come to life, you might leave pleasantly surprised! 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Laugh at me all you want for this but The Lost Boys (and Suspiria but that’s a whole other Chinese takeout carton full of maggots) is basically my IT, my Halloween, my ANOES, my The Thing, etc. 

If any of you enjoyed the Vamp ‘55 SZ this essentially would be the house version of it, just subtracting all the girls (except Star, who I’m sure we’d see...Lucy, I’d doubt though) and adding more greasers in an 80’s beach setting instead of a 50’s high school. 

In a house setting I’d imagine we’d get maybe the Santa Carla billboard facade and a boardwalk scene, the beach concert (the Tim Capello scene has to go in their somewhere), their resort/lair/cave, the “Walk This Way” attack scene, Marco’s death and finale at Grandpa’s house. The Shining took place entirely in one location and (IMO) that was a terrific house. The Exorcist, for the most part, also took place in a kid’s bedroom and that was also (IMO) extremely effective. I just listed six different scenes we could have-& that isn’t including David & Michael’s fight scene and all the deaths at Grandpa’s house. If The Lost Boys does actually come to HHN, I think it could definitely be an average sized house.

If it does come and you go into it expecting to be paralyzed with fear, you’ll probably be disappointed but if you go into it looking at it for what it is-a classic 80’s Peter Pan with vampires movie come to life, you might leave pleasantly surprised! 

The lost boys house will be fun...I just would prefer if a couple other 80s classics got the spot

also, on a completely unrelated note, would a Thriller house or SZ ever happen? Would be a great fit this year.

2 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Come to think of it, Lost Boys might need to be the house that gets its own regular-sized Soundstage, so it might be the front of park instead of Stranger Things after all. Given that in 2014 From Dusk Til Dawn was at the front and WD End of the Line entered through the courtyard, I suppose the "white whale" not being front of park isn't unprecedented.

Just now, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Come to think of it, Lost Boys might need to be the house that gets its own regular-sized Soundstage, so it might be the front of park instead of Stranger Things after all. Given that in 2014 From Dusk Til Dawn was at the front and WD End of the Line entered through the courtyard, I suppose the "white whale" not being front of park isn't unprecedented.

I feel like you CAN put it in a SS and it would fill it very well, but I think it could also be done justice in a sprung or in parade

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

The lost boys house will be fun...I just would prefer if a couple other 80s classics got the spot

also, on a completely unrelated note, would a Thriller house or SZ ever happen? Would be a great fit this year.

Agree to disagree then!

But if “Thriller” were to happen I’d imagine it’d be if AOV were to come back, and the overall theme is 80’s, they’d absolutely have a segment for it in their show (and hopefully “Dead Man’s Party” too. ST, The Lost Boys and then “Thriller” though...I’d probably just die of happiness lol

28 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I think it’s perfect for a SS but I could see parade too, especially if they were to only use the billboard for the facade. I’d imagine depending on what scenes they’d wanna put in we might also get water effects too. I could see them building their resort in a similar way to the large, open set in Ghost Town. Basically, if it happens, there’s a lot of ways I can see this IP going.

1 hour ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Agree to disagree then!

But if “Thriller” were to happen I’d imagine it’d be if AOV were to come back, and the overall theme is 80’s, they’d absolutely have a segment for it in their show (and hopefully “Dead Man’s Party” too. ST, The Lost Boys and then “Thriller” though...I’d probably just die of happiness lol

Honestly rewatching thriller today the werewolf section is fucking scary, and I think you could easily fill a house or you could do a SZ with just the zombies that scare you with dance moves, kinda like the Vamp ‘67 scares with the greasers...you could even have the werewolf more near Central Park and have the SZ in front of horror make up

32 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Now the question is "pretty funny" as in "shit you guys got it" or "pretty funny" as in "lol that's never going to happen". 

But thank you guys for now adding Lost Boys to my list of "must watch" movies on Netflix. That movie was before my time but I love a good 80's movie. I'll be watching it ASAP. 

• Like 3

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic