Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Ooook I’m gonna have to catch myself up on all this but if we are seriously getting one of my all time favorite movies (The Lost Boys) this year AND ST is confirmed...

le1FcKz.gif

As for other films I’ve brought up regarding 80’s classics they were Poltergeist, Fright Night and I think the other was Sleepaway Camp but I’d have to go back and check. I’m having a mild meltdown over this so y’all gotta forgive me for a minute lol but if the Ifrit is hinting at the 80’s classic to possibly replace IT (or just an 80’s classic IP in general) the most blantanty obvious one in is actually The Lost Boys. Wow.

@Ringwraith (and for anyone else who hasn’t seen it yet and is curious) The Lost Boys was just added to Netflix and if you’re a lover of everything 80’s, beautiful cinematography and greasy sax players it’s a must see. If Universal is actually going to do this I cannot wait to see how gorgeous they’ll make it-from their lair to the incredible detail in their costumes-it will be breathtaking, and will absolutely warrant a UTH trip to take it all in. 

If this happens it might be the first time I carry tissues into HHN to hide my tears of joy lol

Edited by DraculaTeeth
Grammar cause my head’s about to spin the hell off
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Funny enough, I did notice that. heh heh

I sure as hell noticed it because the song has been stuck in my head for an hour now.  THanks @mystiquephreeq   I didn't comment though because everything I read after pretty much said Lost Boys.  I have to say, if this is true, I, too, will be bringing Kleenex with me this year.  (like I don't cry every goddam year over something.. I'm a sentimental dolt).

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Ah, ok. So it's Lost Boys.

Yes, it's something I heard. 

I try not to speculate too much anymore, or figure out clues because rumors always end up coming my way now. It's usually through a long convoluted and extended grapevine, but it feels wrong to spec and gues when I may know the answers already. 

Murdy's riddles/hints are different. His are beyond convoluted and chock full of red herrings. And, as a literature buff and author myself (I'm not published), a chance to debate the symbolisms and allegories of a story is too tempting to resist. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Ooook I’m gonna have to catch myself up on all this but if we are seriously getting one of my all time favorite movies (The Lost Boys) this year AND ST is confirmed...

As for other films I’ve brought up regarding 80’s classics they were Poltergeist, Fright Night and I think the other was Sleepaway Camp but I’d have to go back and check. I’m having a mild meltdown over this so y’all gotta forgive me for a minute lol but if the Ifrit is hinting at the 80’s classic to possibly replace IT (or just an 80’s classic IP in general) the most blantanty obvious one in is actually The Lost Boys. Wow.

@Ringwraith (and for anyone else who hasn’t seen it yet and is curious) The Lost Boys was just added to Netflix and if you’re a lover of everything 80’s, beautiful cinematography and greasy sax players it’s a must see. If Universal is actually going to do this I cannot wait to see how gorgeous they’ll make it-from their lair to the incredible detail in their costumes-it will be breathtaking, and will absolutely warrant a UTH trip to take it all in. 

If this happens it might be the first time I carry tissues into HHN to hide my tears of joy lol

You also mentioned Creepshow. Don't think it'd be Fright Night since they'd already have vampires covered with Lost Boys. And someone else said Poltergeist right before you, so that's probably not it. Though I'm sure that would be this year's "vortex" house if it was true.

• Like 2

This is awesome. I hoped for a Vamp ‘87 scarezone and looks like we are getting the lost boys house instead. Brilliant. 

Rereading the ifrits clue on changes I’m starting to think this also relates to the lost boys. Mercurial and volatile can be a description of a vampires personality. The “game” being humans, needing to be agile to evade them. The last two lines then could refer to the beginning of the film, where things are a little off and trying to understand why (what’s changed). 

Any excuse to hope that IT still makes the cut!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Just saying for the record I’m a she lol

Lol!

Even with my avatar, I've still had to say this!!

For those who may have difficulty reading it:

"when other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers. i kind of wanted to be a vampire"

15 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

This is awesome. I hoped for a Vamp ‘87 scarezone and looks like we are getting the lost boys house instead. Brilliant. 

Rereading the ifrits clue on changes I’m starting to think this also relates to the lost boys. Mercurial and volatile can be a description of a vampires personality. The “game” being humans, needing to be agile to evade them. The last two lines then could refer to the beginning of the film, where things are a little off and trying to understand why (what’s changed). 

Any excuse to hope that IT still makes the cut!

In my denial land:

Everyone is wrong about which clown was cut. AHS has been cut. IT is still happening. The Lost Boys replaced it. Every IP is 80s. 80s themed year is go!!

By the way, I haven't heard anything definitive on Lost Boys or IT or if something actually changed. Rumors are rumors until officially announced. Scream and Conjuring as well as House of Horrors and SS44 debacle all are great reminders of this. 

Why allowed myself to get sucked into the IT rumors is beyond me. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Lol!

Even with my avatar, I've still had to say this!!

For those who may have difficulty reading it:

"when other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers. i kind of wanted to be a vampire"

In my denial land:

Everyone is wrong about which clown was cut. AHS has been cut. IT is still happening. The Lost Boys replaced it. Every IP is 80s. 80s themed year is go!!

By the way, I haven't heard anything definitive on Lost Boys or IT or if something actually changed. Rumors are rumors until officially announced. Scream and Conjuring as well as House of Horrors and SS44 debacle all are great reminders of this. 

Why allowed myself to get sucked into the IT rumors is beyond me. 

Don't blame yourself. I think the reason it's so easy to believe is because of how successful the movie was last year. If someone told me the highest grossing horror movie of all time, which released last year, is making an appearance at the most popular horror event of the year, it's easily believable. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoopF22 said:

Don't blame yourself. I think the reason it's so easy to believe is because of how successful the movie was last year. If someone told me the highest grossing horror movie of all time, which released last year, is making an appearance at the most popular horror event of the year, it's easily believable. 

Oh, I blame myself. I knew if I didn't keep a sense of detachment I'd end up extraordinarily attached to the rumor. 

IT is my all time favorite novel by my all time favorite author. Walking into Derry has been a hope for me for the ten yrs I've been a part of this fandom. IT was a part of my very first post and spec way back in the days of the Vault when I finally creeped out of lurkdom. I knew better. 

• Like 1