Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Just now, HHNManics said:

I don't think the connection has to do with the Novel of IT but the movie. And again I seriously don't believe that 1984 is IT. Usually Codenames are not what every one says at first or what people are trying to force it to be. Not saying that you are forcing it you aren't but I just don't buy IT being 1984. And for the whole the Thing is a allegory for the Cold war. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ifuckinglovemovies.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/fear-cold-war-paranoia-and-aliens-in-john-carpenters-the-thing/amp/#ampshare=https://ifuckinglovemovies.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/fear-cold-war-paranoia-and-aliens-in-john-carpenters-the-thing/

This connection with The Thing seriously sounds like something Murdy would come up with. The Codename reveals of the theme of the Maze. The theme of 1984 is not connected with 2017 IT movie as far as I am aware. I just don't think IT is 1984.

So is 1984 for both Orlando and Hollywood?

8 hours ago, HHNManics said:

I don't think the connection has to do with the Novel of IT but the movie. And again I seriously don't believe that 1984 is IT. Usually Codenames are not what every one says at first or what people are trying to force it to be. Not saying that you are forcing it you aren't but I just don't buy IT being 1984. And for the whole the Thing is a allegory for the Cold war. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ifuckinglovemovies.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/fear-cold-war-paranoia-and-aliens-in-john-carpenters-the-thing/amp/#ampshare=https://ifuckinglovemovies.wordpress.com/2015/09/17/fear-cold-war-paranoia-and-aliens-in-john-carpenters-the-thing/

This connection with The Thing seriously sounds like something Murdy would come up with. The Codename reveals of the theme of the Maze. The theme of 1984 is not connected with 2017 IT movie as far as I am aware. I just don't think IT is 1984.

I can put forth articles that The Thing is an allegory to the AIDS epidemic of the 80s. Neither the Cold War or The AIDS epidemic allegory theories take into account that The Thing is based on a 1938 novel. 

Here are three links on the themes of 1984 and IT. 

http://www.gradesaver.com/1984/study-guide/themes

https://www.tor.com/2011/10/25/grownups-are-the-enemy-stephen-kings-it/

This part of this one:

"The young heroes of 1957 use their purity and imagination as weapons against Pennywise. Meanwhile, the clown uses adults and the grown-up world against them: like all kids, they are alternately ignored, controlled, and put at hazard by adult actions, and come to see them as the enemy. The question, for the nearly middle-aged Losers who return to Derry is whether they’ve become too grown-up. Are they pure anymore? Can they make-believe the way they once did? If not, they cannot win."

https://sweattearsanddigitalink.com/2017/09/09/the-themes-in-stephens-kings-it/

Edit: Since my brain finally slowed down enough...

The themes of an anti totalitarianism theme are free thought, fighting against control, independence, individuality, and rebellion against authority. 

The themes of a coming-of-age story (that's what IT is) are free thought, fighting against control, independent, individuality, and rebellion against authority. 

Big Brother, the population of Oceania, and The Party in 1984 as antagonists are very similar to Pennywise, the population of Derry, and parents of the Losers. 

Big Brother (Pennywise) has manipulated the town. No one speaks of the town's history or the cycle. Unusual acts of violence are hushed and ignored. 

The population of Oceania (Derry) accepts the status quo. It doesn't question. It accepts the propaganda and ignores the "bad parts" of the town's history. 

The Party (parents) enforce big Brother's desires. This is best seen in Eddie's and Bev's parental interactions. Bev's father is used by Pennywise in an attempt to quell the rebellion as is Eddie's mother. 

Lastly, both 1984 and IT deal with those who refuse to conform to societal norms. 1984 has a populace stripped of all individuality, and the "misfits" are bullied into conforming. IT relies on the "misfits" who are bullied to conform to save the day. Orwell's views were bleak. Winston conforms to save himself. IT's views aren't much better. The kids who fought for their individuality in 1957 have conformed as well. They long ago stopped trying to beat the devil. The magic is lost and they forget. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

People on Twitter are speculating The Fog. Is that the "unnamed '80s IP" Ringwraith spoke of?

'Tis not. However, one contributor on this forum nailed it right on the head.

Also, a new clue...I don't know how to do the fancy post, sorry.

Edited by mystiquephreeq
Fix tweet
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

'Tis not. However, one contributor on this forum nailed it right on the head.

Also, a new clue...I don't know how to do the fancy post, sorry.

https://twitter.com/fireoftheifrit/status/981875084251074560

Lost Boys would be so sick... I love that film. And I would finally have an excuse (like I need one) to buy that Santa Carla Murder Capital of the World tshirt Ive been eyeing for years!

• Like 4

Just now, TheRobcat said:

Ifrit seems to be referencing The Lost Boys

I'm not sure how The Lost Boys are related to Edgar Allan Poe(not Kung Fu Panda Poe). I did some research and the only story directly about two brothers, was one in which two brothers were sucked into a giant whirlpool, in the story, A Descent Into the Maelstrom. Could this be the "foe" they're referring to? Since it's related to a shipwreck, they do have a GIANT shipwreck set piece they used two years ago....

3 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Going to give us a hint as to which user nailed it?

Fixed the tweet for ya. 

That would take away all of the fun! If I told you the user, it would definitely give away the IP.

2 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Edgar and Alan Frog. The Frog Brothers

Gotcha. Haven't seen it. I know, that's embarrassing.

• Like 2

Lost Boys, The Thing and maybe Fright Night? If they are going all-in on the 80's I'm going to be very happy.

Drac T has mentioned a lot of things, so I'll have to go back and look. fright Night is my fave and I don't see how Poltergeist could be done unless some Spielbergian muscles were flexed. 

25 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Just so everyone is aware; I'm not going to confirm nor deny the username. It's up to each individual user as to what "nailed it" means to them.

It’s definitely Draculateeth. You said “bingo” when he suggested it’s one they haven’t done yet. So the property itself may not have been named?

21 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

It’s definitely Draculateeth. You said “bingo” when he suggested it’s one they haven’t done yet. So the property itself may not have been named?

Oh it was definitely mentioned by the user.

Also, according to HHNUNOFFICIAL, there are SEVENTEEN videos being prepared for the HHN site.

Edited by Ringwraith

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

This user should be going batty over the recent talk of Lost Boys

59 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Just so everyone is aware; I'm not going to confirm nor deny the username. It's up to each individual user as to what "nailed it" means to them.

It was me, wasn't it? 

On a more serious note, people should probably pay a little more attention to my posts...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

It was me, wasn't it? 

On a more serious note, people should probably pay a little more attention to my posts...

Considering I haven't seen you post how hyped you would be for Lost Boys, I don't think so. DT explicitly said how excited he/she would be for Lost Boys.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic