Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

2 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Except, there's been zero buzz about Hollywood losing IT. Murdy has stated their properties are locked and have been locked. Murdy hasn't lamented a loss or withdrawn his happy horror dance. 

Maybe we're all jumping to conclusions a little soon then. Just gonna have to wait and see if it's in the plans or not. 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Maybe we're all jumping to conclusions a little soon then. Just gonna have to wait and see if it's in the plans or not. 

Yeah, I think if they had It they still do. If Trick r Treat is still on the table, there isn't an issue with Warner brothers in general. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheRobcat said:

Yeah, I think if they had It they still do. If Trick r Treat is still on the table, there isn't an issue with Warner brothers in general. 

Except that WB studio where IT will be is only a couple of miles from HHN Hollywood.  They might want exclusivity for that property in California.  Last year (and presumably this year) IT was the biggest draw WB Studio had for their Halloween event.  Seems like they are  dipping their toe in the water, seeing if they can make some Halloween $$$

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Except that WB studio where IT will be is only a couple of miles from HHN Hollywood.  They might want exclusivity for that property in California.  Last year (and presumably this year) IT was the biggest draw WB Studio had for their Halloween event.  Seems like they are  dipping their toe in the water, seeing if they can make some Halloween $$$

*points to her post above* The rumors of IT being lost have only been swirling amongst HHNO groups. HHNH groups are just now picking up on our rumors and asking if they've lost IT, too. 

IT was part of the original "leak". The original "leak" was Hollywood's line-up. The rumor mill seems split. There's a yes/no split currently on whether we are getting IT. 

There was a tweet from Murdy about a happy horror dance. To my knowledge, that was the full greenlight happening for IT. Murdy has not retracted anything. 

Edit: Please keep in mind that I've said I'm in denial land. I finally allowed myself to hope, and now I can't let IT go. Things still don't make sense, though 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

You're still killing me, Smalls!!!

Plausible deniability, that's why. I need a plausible reason to stay in denial. 

Sand Lot

Salem’s Lot

Salem Witch Trials

The Witch

Winchester house, confirmed.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Sand Lot

Salem’s Lot

Salem Witch Trials

The Witch

Winchester house, confirmed.

So far, I've managed to have Rent house and Winchester house confirmed. I'm doing fantastic this year!

*waits for someone to confirm house based on the use of fantastic*

In all seriousness, I should have never allowed myself to get caught up in the King hype/spec/rumors. I should have known I was bound for heartbreak. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I should have known I was bound for heartbreak. 

I am still going to be holding out hope until the last moment, but might not be as sad if The Thing and/or Alien rumors are true

I just can't go next year. No way I can talking my GF into three years in a row. I'm hoping to go to 30... heh heh

Edited by TheRobcat
  • Like 2

I am going to be EXTREMELY disappointed if IT doesn't make an appearance at HHNO. I can't possibly fathom a reason as to why there wouldn't be a house for IT. Pretty crazy how they put Insidious the last key in the blumhouse house before the movie even came out, but wouldn't have the highest grossing horror movie of all time.. Don't get me wrong, stranger things is cool but it doesn't scream "horror" to me. Universal is capitalizing off of that show's popularity and should do the same for IT. Man I hope it pulls through 

• Like 3

Just re-reading the announcement and I noticed there wasn’t confirmation of whether this will be their mega house this year (assuming we get one). Could that mean the mega house is still to be announced? I’d be surprised if this doesn’t end up in the same soundstage as AHS last year, but seemed weird they wouldn’t call attention to that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Just re-reading the announcement and I noticed there wasn’t confirmation of whether this will be their mega house this year (assuming we get one). Could that mean the mega house is still to be announced? I’d be surprised if this doesn’t end up in the same soundstage as AHS last year, but seemed weird they wouldn’t call attention to that. 

Good catch! I wonder what the mega house will be? It is so hard to say what the ST house will and won't include, as mentioned it has horror moments but overall it isn't that big in the show. We could get a bunch of Joyce yelling "WILL!!!!" lol! 

7 hours ago, CoopF22 said:

I am going to be EXTREMELY disappointed if IT doesn't make an appearance at HHNO. I can't possibly fathom a reason as to why there wouldn't be a house for IT. Pretty crazy how they put Insidious the last key in the blumhouse house before the movie even came out, but wouldn't have the highest grossing horror movie of all time.. Don't get me wrong, stranger things is cool but it doesn't scream "horror" to me. Universal is capitalizing off of that show's popularity and should do the same for IT. Man I hope it pulls through 

If IT does appear at Hollywood and not Orlando I will be extremely confused. I agree I couldn't imagine why one park would get it and not another. I am not the biggest fan of IT but I think Universal def should strike while the iron is hot and do a house this year. The lines for Stranger Things and IT would be insane

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I am still going to be holding out hope until the last moment, but might not be as sad if The Thing and/or Alien rumors are true

I just can't go next year. No way I can talking my GF into three years in a row. I'm hoping to go to 30... heh heh

Sounds like you may need to reconsider your relationship...... ;)

Which is more important, your girlfriend or HHN?

Edited by TheShape1031
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I didn't think they will do trick r treat and Halloween I feel like the ifrits hints points to one or the other

14 hours ago, Legacy said:

Why does everyone assume Murdy would hint at losing the biggest potential get they could have ever gotten?

I remember last year he was publicly upset about having to change things last minute

I wanna know where stranger this ha will be. Where shining was last year?

I change my mind about something changing...

"Mercurial and volatile
The game must always be agile
And now that things have gotten strange
You wait for answers on a change"

-ifrit

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fearlessferret said:

I remember last year he was publicly upset about having to change things last minute

Last year, the changes were somewhat avoidable, tied to stuff that already pseudo-confirmed, and involved relatively minor players that wouldn't impact long term desires if he pissed them off.

In THIS case, a last minute revokation of IT's availability would involve King directly. Publicly complaining about the situation (ie - complaining about Stephen King's actions) would be a quick way to guarantee Murdy/Universal would NEVER get access to another King property in the future.

Just because he's not complaining doesn't mean nothing has changed.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

Where is this Alien rumor coming from? I would LOVE that

1 hour ago, Fearlessferret said:

I didn't think they will do trick r treat and Halloween I feel like the ifrits hints points to one or the other

I wanna know where stranger this ha will be. Where shining was last year?

I change my mind about something changing...

"Mercurial and volatile
The game must always be agile
And now that things have gotten strange
You wait for answers on a change"

-ifrit

Both are a go...so far

off topic here... but I just watched Hannibal from beginning to end last night for the first time and I was not impressed. If you look at it as a sequel to SOTL, it's awful, but as a stand alone I'm curious to know what other people think of it. In my opinion it was very boring and slow moving. Very little if any suspense. The violence entered/bordered on Saw levels of gore. I've never been a fan of Julianne Moore to begin with, but I thought her attempt at Clarice was terrible. But I guess that was doomed to fail no matter what when you're trying to replace Jodie Foster from the first movie. 

Had some memorable scenes, but overall I thought it was pretty bad. Thoughts?.....

6 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Well, it’s only season 1, would it even fill a mega house if it got it? It’s not like AHS has been with multiple seasons.

2 hours ago, TheRobcat said:

I read that on the boards here or Inside Universal. Just a rumor as far as I know. I'd love it too. 

@Legacy said Aliens was on the shortlist of possible properties Universal was looking at

1 hour ago, TheShape1031 said:

off topic here... but I just watched Hannibal from beginning to end last night for the first time and I was not impressed. If you look at it as a sequel to SOTL, it's awful, but as a stand alone I'm curious to know what other people think of it. In my opinion it was very boring and slow moving. Very little if any suspense. The violence entered/bordered on Saw levels of gore. I've never been a fan of Julianne Moore to begin with, but I thought her attempt at Clarice was terrible. But I guess that was doomed to fail no matter what when you're trying to replace Jodie Foster from the first movie. 

Had some memorable scenes, but overall I thought it was pretty bad. Thoughts?.....

Yeah it was bleh, Julianne Moore was the worst part of it imo.

• Like 1

I don't see ST being the mega house this year. They have said we will follow the season 1 story line faithfully and will make multiple trips into the Upside Down. However, I just don't see their being enough content to fill up a mega house. I am very excited to see how they pull this house off though. The sound design has be to on point! The Upside Down has a very distinct sound to it that they need to pull off along with the unique visual design. I'm hoping they use that "air bag" effect when your entering and exiting the Upside Down so you feel like you are being "squeezed" into it kinda like how it looks in the show.

After seeing the art they created for the announcement, I have high hopes that this will turn out amazing. With both the creators of the show and Netflix helping with this house, it should turn out great. Not only is this a big win for Universal, it is a MASSIVE win for Netflix! It has the potential to grow their member base. Heck, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if at the exit of the house you get handed a code for a free 7-day trial of Netflix.

Speaking of that art they released, if they DON'T do that to the Arches, they lost an amazing opportunity to finally do something cool to the arches that have been boring and bland for years!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Well, it’s only season 1, would it even fill a mega house if it got it? It’s not like AHS has been with multiple seasons.

I think potentially it could. Some of the scenes could be huge and spacious to help tell the story (such as the lab, the bits in the upside down, forests, etc). So not mega house as in length, but in how they use the space effectively.  Kinda how people were hoping the shining would have been done

• Like 1

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic