Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

I know nothing, Jon Snow, but it would seem like something major would have had to happen to lose It. In Hollywood, Murdy said they have had things locked for a while. Seems like they've had a long time to work out details. If It was planned and did get canceled, I hope the story as to why comes out. Seems like something you'd lock down right away, just like Stranger Things. Not saying it's impossible, just really weird to me. Seems like only a major shake-up  from the top down would have had to happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

You are definitely entitled to your opinion, but that film, to me, is the scariest of all time. I can do any horror film except ones involving demons. The Exorcist and Conjuring are at the top of the game as far as that is concerned.

maybe sucks is a little harsh... but I cant keep straight the conjuring, insidious, sinister, annbelle, etc.... they all run together in my mind like a 12 hour epic of something.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

TrT, from what I heard, is still on the docket. No IT so far, but another classic 80's horror film is in line. The only reason there's 5 IP's at the moment is because none have been added at the moment I heard my info..let's hope they keep it that way.

Is IT still a possibility or is it completely off the radar now?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Is IT still a possibility or is it completely off the radar now?

Not from what I've heard, but just like The Thing, it could be there and it just hasn't been revealed sources I know. Legacy may know something different. You know how these things change..even a week before.

14 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Could the classic 80’s horror film possibly be an IP they haven’t done before??

Bingo

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Not from what I've heard, but just like The Thing, it could be there and it just hasn't been revealed sources I know. Legacy may know something different. You know how these things change..even a week before.

Bingo

As in, they haven't done the franchise before? Because if not, a few possibilities:
-Poltergeist

-The Fly

-Gremlins

-The Fog (they've done both a house and zone, as you obviously know--looking at your avatar)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Bingo

Well I’ve talked about my love for The Lost Boys definitely more than once here, but unfortunately for me I think it’s safe to say we’ll probably never see that one at HHN. 

The only other real stand out classic (besides what’s already been mentioned & done) imo that has instant recognizability, made a lot of money, even ties directly to ST and hasn’t been at HHN that I can think of is Poltergeist. But I have no idea about the rights to that one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Well I’ve talked about my love for The Lost Boys definitely more than once here, but unfortunately for me I think it’s safe to say we’ll probably never see that one at HHN. 

The only other real stand out classic (besides what’s already been mentioned & done) imo that has instant recognizability, made a lot of money, even ties directly to ST and hasn’t been at HHN that I can think of is Poltergeist. But I have no idea about the rights to that one. 

How would poltergeist even work?

SO excited about Stranger Things!! The promo for it alone looks amazing! 

Really hoping they stick with this whole 80's theme. The fact that they specifically mentioned the 80's theme in the announcement for ST has me thinking this could be a running theme for the whole year.  AHS is the only thing that won't fit the theme unless they do the house based on the upcoming season which may or may not be 80's themed. Time will tell I guess.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Badge said:

SO excited about Stranger Things!! The promo for it alone looks amazing! 

Really hoping they stick with this whole 80's theme. The fact that they specifically mentioned the 80's theme in the announcement for ST has me thinking this could be a running theme for the whole year.  AHS is the only thing that won't fit the theme unless they do the house based on the upcoming season which may or may not be 80's themed. Time will tell I guess.

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see AHS again this year? Sure they we're cool houses, but I'd rather seem something else instead of the same theme 3 years in a row. Maybe I'm in the minority with that opinion, but I wouldn't be disappointed if AHS skipped a year. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

How would poltergeist even work?

SA’s throwing toys at us! I’m sure there’s some on a tough night that would rather pay Universal to let them do that lol

In all honesty though I have no idea. Screens? Puppets? I’m sure if it was something they wanted bad enough, they could figure out a way to do it. 

As for other 80’s IP’s I could really only think of cult classics (Fright Night, Sleepaway Camp, Creepshow, etc.) and if they really can’t use IT I’m sure they’re gonna try for another marquee IP to replace it, and I don’t think I’d categorize cult classics with general classics. 

• Like 1

Just now, DraculaTeeth said:

SA’s throwing toys at us! I’m sure there’s some on a tough night that would rather pay Universal to let them do that lol

In all honesty though I have no idea. Screens? Puppets? I’m sure if it was something they wanted bad enough, they could figure out a way to do it. 

As for other 80’s IP’s I could really only think of cult classics (Fright Night, Sleepaway Camp, Creepshow, etc.) and if they really can’t use IT I’m sure they’re gonna try for another marquee IP to replace it, and I don’t think I’d categorize cult classics with general classics. 

I could see Strangers 2 replacing IT or something

39 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't want to see AHS again this year? Sure they we're cool houses, but I'd rather seem something else instead of the same theme 3 years in a row. Maybe I'm in the minority with that opinion, but I wouldn't be disappointed if AHS skipped a year. 

I wouldn't want to see Cult in any capacity, but wouldn't mind seeing a standalone Freak Show or Asylum.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Yeah I’m just thinking something recent and popular would replace 2017 IT

I heard IT was being outsourced.  The new house will be themed to an Indian call center in Kolkata.   While you are "on hold" in the queue you will hear muzak and as you exit the house you can take a survey on your phone to explain how satisfied you were with your experience.  Scareactors will continually urge you to say you were "extremely satisfied".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, zombieman said:

I heard IT was being outsourced.  The new house will be themed to an Indian call center in Kolkata.   While you are "on hold" in the queue you will hear muzak and as you exit the house you can take a survey on your phone to explain how satisfied you were with your experience.  Scareactors will continually urge you to say you were "extremely satisfied".

The issue with IT, is that the Warner Bros backlot tour already has a badass house based on the film during Halloween.

2 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

The issue with IT, is that the Warner Bros backlot tour already has a badass house based on the film during Halloween.

Agreed, but that wouldn't necessarily preclude It from appearing in Orlando and Singapore.  Hollywood would simply manage to make it into a series of black plywood halls and strobe pop scares, anyway.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Except, there's been zero buzz about Hollywood losing IT. Murdy has stated their properties are locked and have been locked. Murdy hasn't lamented a loss or withdrawn his happy horror dance. 

• Like 4

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic