Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

14 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

-Also more promo from Scarecrow in there , best view of the pig guy I’ve ever seen

-for some reason they only have this spook at the end of the UK version of the promo vid https://youtu.be/-lCVsrIn08Q?t=30s

Edited by fvcking cvnt

15 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

where is this 80's theme stuff coming from???

The leaked list has a bit of an 80’s vibe to it (Stranger Things, IT, NoES, The Thing), and the releases today refer to “the past will haunt you”. There’s been no official mention of the 80’s but it’s fun to speculate. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Would Stranger Things qualify as a terrifying TV show? I’m not so sure.  Also, would you say that IT has reached iconic status yet given it was only released last year?  Splitting hairs for sure, but marketing don’t really care about trivial details like that. 

Also, the fact it refers to “the past will haunt you” suggests we won’t get any promos in mazes of upcoming films like insidious 4 in 27. Unless Halloween does come back based on the new film as in Michael Myers is coming back to haunt you?

Yes, ST is considered TV. IMO, it’s encouraging at least that Universal used the plural. I also wouldn’t be surprised to see it be the first announcement (if it is coming), season 3 starts filming next month so news will start picking up on it again. 

Echoing the sentiment on an 80’s sequel to the Vamp ‘55 SZ. The Lost Boys is one of my all time favorite movies, I’d love to see even a nod to it at HHN someday. 

• Like 1

Surprised they didn't include ANY type of show in the announcement. They outline 9 houses and 5 zones and that's it. Last year they at least included the word "shows" in the announcement. I wonder if AoV won't be back (which would be a big disappointment!). 

I also hate that they are following the same method as last year and releasing a single type of ticket to start and not allowing you to book Unmasking or RIP without booking a vacation package. You would think they would want to make as many sales as possible now, well before construction starts, so they can better gauge the budget for the houses. I am ready to buy my tickets now Universal...let me give you my money! Also, why the random Thursday at the end of Sept with no event night? Figured I would get to go for 11 nights this year but I guess i'm down to 10 now. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Yes, ST is considered TV. 

It is, but terrifying TV? Bit of a stretch there. It has its moments but it’s more sci fi than horror I’d say. 

8 minutes ago, Badge said:

Also, why the random Thursday at the end of Sept with no event night?

If it’s the same as last year blame Microsoft. They have their annual Ignite conference at the Orlando convention centre. They robbed me of a night last year as well by hiring out the whole park for a night as part of the conference. 

33 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

It is, but terrifying TV? Bit of a stretch there. It has its moments but it’s more sci fi than horror I’d say. 

I think it has its place in the sci fi/horror genre (a la Aliens, The Thing, etc.), but I agree it leans more sci fi than horror. I also agree that I wouldn’t call ST terrifying but it’s a press release for a Halloween event so they’re most likely not gonna use any other words besides terrifying, horrifying, etc. to describe what they’re trying to sell. 

IT is also the highest grossing horror film in history so I definitely think IT would fall into the “iconic” category. 

• Like 2

The amount of scarecrow in that promo I saw almost suspicious, I know it was the must popular but I would expect footage of at least dead waters and someone flying from the Fallen. Also very surprised that that promo had clips from the ip houses in there, since it was such a short promo.

3 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

The amount of scarecrow in that promo I saw almost suspicious, I know it was the must popular but I would expect footage of at least dead waters and someone flying from the Fallen. Also very surprised that that promo had clips from the ip houses in there, since it was such a short promo.

eh, the IP stuff wasn't anything particular to the properties

Scarecrow wise though, there was a bunch: 1. at least two actors on the arch decorations, 2. house footage with visible SA 3. gets focal point of ad with the jump ath the end

but all this could be in tribute to the fact it was the HotY and I imagine the GPs favorite, only judging by the reactions I've heard outside of this forum. Or the fact that, like the clowns, they're just scarier modern horror wise than any of the other OGs other than maybe Hive. Doubt it's a hint to a sequel or anything, maybe a SZ but I kinda doubt it.

2 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Also, would you say that IT has reached iconic status yet given it was only released last year?  

Yes.  The current movie may only be a few months old, but the story is 30 years old and is as iconic of a SK story there can be.   Also, the Tim Curry version helps this along, although I'd never want to see HHN do anything with that version.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

If it’s the same as last year blame Microsoft. They have their annual Ignite conference at the Orlando convention centre. They robbed me of a night last year as well by hiring out the whole park for a night as part of the conference. 

Ugh!  Those assholes!  It appears they are doing it again - taking a prime night at HHN.  Must adjust travel AGAIN.  That's usually our first weekend down.. dammit.

Interesting that the blog link calls out "nine brand-new mazes based on hit TV-shows and haunting original stories" 

But they don't mention movies - just TV shows.  Now I KNOW that was just a typo, but let's play pretend.  What if movies were in fact off the table.

Assuming just 3 originals, what would the 6 TV houses be? (besides Season 1-6 of TWD)

36 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Interesting that the blog link calls out "nine brand-new mazes based on hit TV-shows and haunting original stories" 

But they don't mention movies - just TV shows.  Now I KNOW that was just a typo, but let's play pretend.  What if movies were in fact off the table.

Assuming just 3 originals, what would the 6 TV houses be? (besides Season 1-6 of TWD)

Definitely a typo. No way all the IPs are based on shows.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zombieman said:

Stranger Things, X-Files, Penny Dreadful, AHS, Black Mirror and Roseanne: Relapse

• Haha 3

On 3/28/2018 at 11:03 AM, Drummanmatt said:

First tickets on sale in UK https://www.orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk/Ticket/Halloween-Horror-Nights-Flex-Ticket

It’s two nights for the price of one (excluding Saturdays), costing £59 (around $83).

I know they always do this but why don't they release all types of tickets initially? Why wait for the multi-day pass, express, and etc?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rikku said:

I know they always do this but why don't they release all types of tickets initially? Why wait for the multi-day pass, express, and etc?

They get better margins on the single-day tickets. So, they're hoping people buy those first, and then not notice that the multi-day tickets are a better option for them.

At least that was true in previous years, before this "BOGO" deal. I'm guessing they're trying that to entice people to book a hotel or trip package. The trip package messaging is very tied in with the ticket deal in all communications so far.

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
On 3/30/2018 at 11:12 AM, fvcking cvnt said:

the website has gone themed dark instead of last year's blue and red, love it

https://orlando.halloweenhorrornights.com/index.php

It’s a nice look! Very old school style!

On 3/29/2018 at 2:07 PM, Badge said:

Surprised they didn't include ANY type of show in the announcement. They outline 9 houses and 5 zones and that's it. Last year they at least included the word "shows" in the announcement. I wonder if AoV won't be back (which would be a big disappointment!). 

I also hate that they are following the same method as last year and releasing a single type of ticket to start and not allowing you to book Unmasking or RIP without booking a vacation package. You would think they would want to make as many sales as possible now, well before construction starts, so they can better gauge the budget for the houses. I am ready to buy my tickets now Universal...let me give you my money! Also, why the random Thursday at the end of Sept with no event night? Figured I would get to go for 11 nights this year but I guess i'm down to 10 now. 

Shows may be something small like what they had way back when... Brian Brushwood? David S. Pumpkins? Academy Of Villains? Robosaurus? 

• Like 1

• Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic