Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

Sounds like I’ll need to include HoS in the itinerary.  Just checked and they put on free transport from International Drive to and from the event which is perfect for me (my usual hotel is a 15 min walk from the pickup/dropoff point). Even have time to do a few rollercoasters before the event starts!

1 hour ago, Drummanmatt said:

Sounds like I’ll need to include HoS in the itinerary.  Just checked and they put on free transport from International Drive to and from the event which is perfect for me (my usual hotel is a 15 min walk from the pickup/dropoff point). Even have time to do a few rollercoasters before the event starts!

When are you going this year, Matt?  Are you bringing friends along or flying solo again?  FYI, the rollercoasters at Busch Gardens are AMAZING.  Another reason to attend HOS

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

When are you going this year, Matt?  Are you bringing friends along or flying solo again?  FYI, the rollercoasters at Busch Gardens are AMAZING.  Another reason to attend HOS

I do like Busch gardens. Couldn’t believe how empty it was last year though.  

I’m still trying to get the time off work to go, but looking more likely to be the back end of October than the beginning. Think a few friends may come out to join me for a bit over the break but if I can go I’m going regardless. 

That would make sense as those dates would follow the same pattern as the last few years.  The bummer for me, though, is I was told for the longest time that when they extend to November like that - those last couple nights are "dead" and that's when we should go.  Well, holy god, last year was a MOB scene.  It was the worst weekend out of all the ones we went (we went three other weekends).  The massive crowds were just awful.   So, now I have no idea how to plan my travel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

That would make sense as those dates would follow the same pattern as the last few years.  The bummer for me, though, is I was told for the longest time that when they extend to November like that - those last couple nights are "dead" and that's when we should go.  Well, holy god, last year was a MOB scene.  It was the worst weekend out of all the ones we went (we went three other weekends).  The massive crowds were just awful.   So, now I have no idea how to plan my travel.

Oh my god, November 3 was AWFUL in terms of crowds! So it's not normally like that?

Well, it's looking like it could be like that almost every night this year with the IPs they're (probably) bringing.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

2 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Oh my god, November 3 was AWFUL in terms of crowds! So it's not normally like that?

Well, it's looking like it could be like that almost every night this year with the IPs they're (probably) bringing.

I think that some of it was because of that marketing lol. It should be dead, hence everyone shows up expecting the dead-ness. 

I went on Oct 4, and Nov 4, this year and it was ten times more packed in Nov than in Oct.  

5 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Last year was an anomaly; it's usually dead the last weekend.  I firmly believe B&T was a huge reason.  I think people showed up hoping to see one of the final shows, realized they wouldn't get in, and decided to stay anyhow.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

What about Halloween night itself? I’d imagine that would be pretty busy

All depends on the day of the week.  I have not found that Halloween night makes a whole lot of difference.  

And nowadays, Halloween no longer marks the end of the event.  There's usually a whole weekend afterward, which is what hunnylvr was referring to.

I  hope that ya understand that the last night was extra busy because at least maybe 10k unused employee tickets got used before they lost the ticket. 

I want to hope it is fake dates because 32 events not including training and hopefully less activity hurricane training dates. which is like 37 nights.

I am hopefully going to be transferring back to my original home venue of hhn.  
 Last year, Halloween was kind of slow. I came at 9pm did  about 4 houses in 1 hr and half.

I doubt it is fake. 
 I think that's the standard for hhn now of day.  

On 11/7/2017 at 9:31 AM, PeoriaBJJ said:

First I'll tell you what I DONT want to see:

-PURGE

-Sinister

-Conjuring

-Insidious

-PURGE

_AHS Cult

-PURGE

No some I think would be cool:

-Stranger Things would be fun

-an updated classic monsters house (its been a few years)

-HR Bloodngutz's triumphant return!

-Nightengales

-Halloween 3 house would be epic!

- or the new Halloween that comes out next year

I don't think i've ever related to post this much before

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 7:42 AM, littlegreenghouls said:

I  hope that ya understand that the last night was extra busy because at least maybe 10k unused employee tickets got used before they lost the ticket.

I heard about that but forgot - thanks for reminding me.   Yeah, I bet that was a bigger component than the final B&T show.

As far as Peoria's wish list, I pretty much agree. Thankfully it sounds like AHS Cult will be the only one of these we're getting. Hopefully it's in the MIB tent, and is the only appearance of AHS or any of the properties in that first list at the event. I was glad when Ifrit basically tweeted no Conjuring.

As far as wishes, didn't the actor that played HR Bloodengutz move on, making a sequel to it virtually impossible? If they can get him back, or a lookalike, a classic monster marathon from Hellgate Prison (pre-RUN) where he and the inmates torture the guards in the style of classic monster movies would be epic. Obviously I too really want a NG house, as I've said repeatedly.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

3 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

yeah I know, he could be talking about Will from the show (how do you do spoiler tags??)

I'm not entirely paying attention to things, but it seems the djinn liked The Conjuring guesses for the regain/again tweet. 

He did peak my interest with the Tori tweets. Since her music can be interpreted in many ways, one must wait to see where this goes to know for sure. 

6 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I'm not entirely paying attention to things, but it seems the djinn liked The Conjuring guesses for the regain/again tweet. 

yeah true, well honestly it probably would have been pretty generic and insidious-esque, I still was kinda hoping for it to come because my girlfriend, who really likes the conjuring films, is probably going w/ me this year. oh well, no leak's set in stone

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic