Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

11 hours ago, TheShape1031 said:

Ah okay, thank you for clarifying. That's what I thought had occurred. Is there any chance of it being explored again, or after what happened with the rights it's basically a lost cause? It's a shame because I think it would be a great house. So much they could do with it. 

Unfortunately, I think that shipped sailed. 

7 hours ago, wow said:

Since Ifrits a constant reader I wonder if he can confirm or deny the speculated IP’s; and Scream could definitely happen in future years now that Weinstein isn’t in control

Constant Reader is a King fan. Specifically, a Constant Reader is a King book fan. 

Ifrit pulled from the book IT. 

Example: Rodan is mentioned in IT during Mike's first encounter with it. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Unfortunately, I think that shipped sailed. 

Constant Reader is a King fan. Specifically, a Constant Reader is a King book fan. 

Ifrit pulled from the book IT. 

Example: Rodan is mentioned in IT during Mike's first encounter with it. 

Ohhhh sorry I didn’t get that; I thought u meant a constant reader of HNN. 

3 hours ago, wow said:

Ohhhh sorry I didn’t get that; I thought u meant a constant reader of HNN. 

I should have been more specific. As I'm a Constant Reader, I tend to forget that most don't know the King fandom slang and theories. 

The term derives from forwards and afterwards that King has written in his books. These notes to the reader(s) always start with "Dear Constant Reader,". 

I can give give a few more explanations about the Ifrit clue.

Frankenstein - form taken by IT due to Victor Criss or Belch Huggins. 

The Mummy - Ben's first encounter 

The Creature - Eddie Corcoran's encounter. IT actually takes two forms during this encounter. (Random Trivia: Eddie Corcoran's stepfather, Richard Macklin, creates a link between the IT novel and Different Seasons: Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption)

Leeches - Patrick Hockstetter's encounter. The alterations to Patrick's character in the new movie are one of the more pet peevey things I didn't like. Hockstetter is one of the most disturbing human characters in the novel. 

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I should have been more specific. As I'm a Constant Reader, I tend to forget that most don't know the King fandom slang and theories. 

The term derives from forwards and afterwards that King has written in his books. These notes to the reader(s) always start with "Dear Constant Reader,". 

I can give give a few more explanations about the Ifrit clue.

Frankenstein - form taken by IT due to Victor Criss or Belch Huggins. 

The Mummy - Ben's first encounter 

The Creature - Eddie Corcoran's encounter. IT actually takes two forms during this encounter. (Random Trivia: Eddie Corcoran's stepfather, Richard Macklin, creates a link between the IT novel and Different Seasons: Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption)

Leeches - Patrick Hockstetter's encounter. The alterations to Patrick's character in the new movie are one of the more pet peevey things I didn't like. Hockstetter is one of the most disturbing human characters in the novel. 

I wonder that if 2017 IT comes whether or not they might borrow a few characters from the book. Probably not, but considering they own the rights to Frankenstein, The Mummy, and The Creature.

20 hours ago, wow said:

I wonder that if 2017 IT comes whether or not they might borrow a few characters from the book. Probably not, but considering they own the rights to Frankenstein, The Mummy, and The Creature.

If IT comes to HHN, I'd be more surprised by a lack of novel Easter eggs than I would by novel Easter eggs. 

Would we get Dracula with a mouth filled with Gillette razors blades? Doubtful, but little nods here and there wouldn't be a surprise. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 10:59 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

If IT comes to HHN, I'd be more surprised by a lack of novel Easter eggs than I would by novel Easter eggs. 

Would we get Dracula with a mouth filled with Gillette razors blades? Doubtful, but little nods here and there wouldn't be a surprise. 

I am so afraid of getting my hopes up for IT coming to HHN.  Honest to god, I don't even know if I'll live to see it.. If that gets announced, I may be so blown away, I just die right there.  

I'm currently listening to the audio version of Different Seasons.. honest to god the best book of novellas he ever wrote.  If there is an inkling that IT is coming.. well, I may have to put that back on my listening list and listen for the third time (still my fave King book ever).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

I am so afraid of getting my hopes up for IT coming to HHN.  Honest to god, I don't even know if I'll live to see it.. If that gets announced, I may be so blown away, I just die right there.  

I'm currently listening to the audio version of Different Seasons.. honest to god the best book of novellas he ever wrote.  If there is an inkling that IT is coming.. well, I may have to put that back on my listening list and listen for the third time (still my fave King book ever).

I'm in cynical optimist mode. I won't be surprised if IT doesn't come to HHN, but my hope IT does. 

Only 3 times? I've listened to it more times than I can count. It was a great companion on my Daily commute when it was an hour drive to and from home. 

I love Different Seasons. The Breathing Method is my favorite of the four. 

I'm hoping spec picks up soon. The list of speculated IPs seems to be the usual given. I wouldn't mind a bit of a surprise thrown in. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

I really hope they can do blumhouse vol.2, maybe not this year but some year because blumhouse has so many little great concepts for scares or sections of houses and I thought the first one was really a letdown, I wanna see things like creep, split, get out, hush, the visit, etc. I feel like it could be SO much fun

Agreed. When the Blumhouse house was first bring rumored last year, I was excited to see some smaller properties that wouldn't normally warrant a full house by themselves.

Instead, we got a remix of two houses we'd already seen, and room or two of Sinister.

Their movie stable is so deep, it was a complete shame what eventually got green lit.

I'm the odd one out here, but I look forward to the Purge coming each year. 

IT would be awesome to see.

AVP was one of the first houses I went to,  I'd love for somehow to get it back. My fiance and I both love alien horror.

Wishlist: 

-Alien Theme (Don't care about the franchise or if it's an original)

-IT

-Halloween (enjoyed the 2014 version)

-Freddy (Loved the FvJ)

-Original with the same vibes as The Fallen

-Original with the same vibes as Giggles and Gore

-Blumhouse

-Original with the same vibes as Body Collectors

-Original with the same vibes as Dollhouse

Scarezones : 

-Purge

-Something like Scary Tales

-Aliens

-Something that ties in with the event

Whilst waiting for IT to be confirmed (hopefully) I’m reading IT. If you haven’t read it yet please do so. It’s really well done and fast becoming one of my favourite books of all time. Love the film, and love the book too. Both different in their own ways, yet both satisfying. I do find the book more scary but mainly because of it being left to your own imagination - standard comparison to book and film I know but very true.

What do people hope to see from an IT house if IT were to happen?

i dunno how they’d do it, but if they could do the film reel in the garage with a monster Pennywise coming out that would probably make me crap myself haha. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

i dunno how they’d do it, but if they could do the film reel in the garage with a monster Pennywise coming out that would probably make me crap myself haha. 

YES I legit felt like they designed that scene for a house lol

another god scene could be a number of rooms from the neibolt house, clown room, burning children, etc.

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

YES I legit felt like they designed that scene for a house lol

another god scene could be a number of rooms from the neibolt house, clown room, burning children, etc.

But how would they do it? Puppet? Could be cheesy or pretty epic. 

A one armed Georgie screaming “you’ll float too” turning into a demon voice then getting right in your face would be pretty scary too. 

• Like 3

On 1/12/2018 at 5:19 PM, Drummanmatt said:

A one armed Georgie screaming “you’ll float too” turning into a demon voice then getting right in your face would be pretty scary too. 

Or if somehow they could come up with a scene with the Woman with the Flute painting... that really freaked me out in the movie. Imagine if they had someone wearing the mask and trying to eat a Stan dummies face? LOL

• Like 5

On 1/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, Drummanmatt said:

On 1/15/2018 at 7:52 AM, TheShape1031 said:

Or if somehow they could come up with a scene with the Woman with the Flute painting... that really freaked me out in the movie. Imagine if they had someone wearing the mask and trying to eat a Stan dummies face? LOL

if they have to have less budget for the rest of the houses or even to lose a house or sz (sue me) just to make a really high budget IT house with stellar costumes/puppets that would bring in SOOO many people, I would be on board

18 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

if they have to have less budget for the rest of the houses or even to lose a house or sz (sue me) just to make a really high budget IT house with stellar costumes/puppets that would bring in SOOO many people, I would be on board

Oh absolutely. I would even take fewer houses that were maybe longer and done spectacularly then 9 houses done poorly or rushed. I agree though, if they do IT, they need to go all in and make it their number 1 priority. There's a ton they can do with that Maze. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2018 at 4:00 PM, fvcking cvnt said:

I wouldn't. Then again, they have more budget with B&T gone.

21 hours ago, fvcking cvnt said:

idk I imagine they would use that on a new show, but I'm kinda new to the event, what do the veterans here think will happen show-wise this year?

There's chatter that they're currently looking for a current IP that could create a Bill and Ted-like show. I think they've got their hands full with so many other things to announce, however. I wouldn't be surprised if we see HHN announcements come late this year.  Hopefully they don't ditch the live entertainment aspect completely, however. 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:59 AM, PeoriaBJJ said:

I am... Im one of the biggest TWD (at HHN anyway) haters around....

You crack me up.. and I'm the other biggest TWD haters around.  Glad it's gone, and I hope it stays gone.

As for Blumhouse, I HATED that house last year. In fact, we went through it only twice, and then we refused to waste any more time on it.  I could go in the street to see The Purge for the millionth time, and we've already seen Insidious ad naseum.  What a waste of space.  It must be that location.. Chance's house sucked, too.

I wonder if I should even start speculating on what should be in an IT house.  Won't that jinx it - assuming there is any chance of it really coming?  Well, hell.. let's give it a shot anyway:

You definitely need a scene with a one-armed Georgie.  There must be either a very long or multiple scenes in the sewer  (preferably multiple) - of course, including the floating children and the dead lights.  A running projector showing the old clips of Derry and increasing speed to include Pennywise would be a great filler room.  Neibolt house must also be featured with several scenes.  The scene from the library basement would be great.  There must be random red balloons all over the place.  There must be smells, too - especially in the sewer.  We need a scene from Beverly's bathroom, too.  Ah, I could go on.. 

I'm excited to see what originals we get this year.  Last year, the originals smoked everything else by a mile!  I was so happy about that!  Scarecrow will forever be on of my fave houses ever.  Give me more of that, please.

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic