Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

The IP’s for this year are relatively easy to predict, as they’re all highly requested and speculated:

- AHS Cult

- IT

- The Conjuring

- Stranger Things

- The Thing

- Blumhouse’s Halloween

As for the originals, I could see:

- A requel, most likely Nightengales, Catacombs, or Orfanage

- New Original 

- New Original

I'm thinking:

-AHS Cult

-Stranger things as the mega house

-Something John Carpenter, either another Halloween, the thing, or the fog

-Chucky in some shape or form.

-Another classic horror movie, hoping for poltergeist but that would be a rights nightmare. Would assume either another Friday the 13th or classic monsters.

-The Ring

- if something gets scrapped again I could see trick r treat, sinister, or insidious getting reused as a house again.

Originals: something from the past hopefully. And then a house based on strong sets and another based on strong scares.

What I want: Stranger Things &/or It, both of which (imo) have enough material to turn them into megahouses. Though I could see them waiting for 2019 to do a megahouse for It so they can include the sequel. I also shutter to mention it but the Suspiria remake is allegedly coming out next year, and depending on the visuals I may wanna see this as a house because I think there's about 0% chance we'll ever get a maze based on the original.

What I expect: Blumhouse's Halloween, and with Universal as it's distributor I'd be more surprised to not see this one next year.

As for originals I'd love to see H.R. Bloodengutz and Invasion as a house because as a SZ it always felt so crowded that I feel like I didn't get a chance to properly enjoy it.

As as far as something to replace Bill & Ted my only hope is that it's not a dance show (no offense to AOV cause they're great), I wouldn't mind another comedy based show or musical. 

20 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

Do you think that Universal would do Virtual  Line(s) for select houses. 
 I mean with the grow virtual lines within the park fallon, fast and furious and volcano bay. 

I think it could possible work. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. I could see them doing that.

• Like 1

First I'll tell you what I DONT want to see:

-PURGE

-Sinister

-Conjuring

-Insidious

-PURGE

_AHS Cult

-PURGE

No some I think would be cool:

-Stranger Things would be fun

-an updated classic monsters house (its been a few years)

-HR Bloodngutz's triumphant return!

-Nightengales

-Halloween 3 house would be epic!

- or the new Halloween that comes out next year

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I think that Blumhouse's Halloween will be a house. 

Conjuring would be awesome, as it has so much to work with. You have Conjuring 1 and 2, Annabelle, Annabelle Creation, and the Nun which is coming out this summer.

A Chucky house would be cool to see, since I have always been freaked out by Chucky. I would be so scared.

I think IT would be a good house, but there was a house for IT somewhere before the movie came out, so I don't know. 

I do think AHS Cult will also be a house, but maybe not. With the pattern of three seasons in a house for AHS, maybe they wait till HHN 30 to do another AHS house.

Scarecrow the Reaping 2 would be sick. 

Edited by swinney2
typo

I don't want to see scarecrow back until after 30, I think no doubt we get the poop room in the anniversary house. I'd say right now, ghost town, scarecrow, fallen, and dead waters might all be in the anniversary house.  

I think ink the first nightmare on elm street could work really well with a more faithful scene by scene approach like recently with AWIL or HALLOWEEN. I think there is a lot like body bag in school hallway, Tina being dragged up the wall, and wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube Freddy that we haven't seen in a house.

I know they've done houses for movies before the movie's released, but I feel like they might wait until 29 to do Blumhouse's Halloween. The movie doesn't come out until October 19, 2018, and they'd probably want it to go through the entire movie like the other Halloween houses. 

15 minutes ago, Miller said:

I know they've done houses for movies before the movie's released, but I feel like they might wait until 29 to do Blumhouse's Halloween. The movie doesn't come out until October 19, 2018, and they'd probably want it to go through the entire movie like the other Halloween houses. 

Completely agreed, forgot about that, we need to not have houses before the movie is out.

4 hours ago, swinney2 said:

I think that Blumhouse's Halloween will be a house. 

Conjuring would be awesome, as it has so much to work with. You have Conjuring 1 and 2, Annabelle, Annabelle Creation, and the Nun which is coming out this summer.

A Chucky house would be cool to see, since I have always been freaked out by Chucky. I would be so scared.

I think IT would be a good house, but there was a house for IT somewhere before the movie came out, so I don't know. 

I do think AHS Cult will also be a house, but maybe not. With the pattern of three seasons in a house for AHS, maybe they wait till HHN 30 to do another AHS house.

Scarecrow the Reaping 2 would be sick. 

Hollywood's HHN had only AHS Roanoke as a full maze without Asylum & Coven so they could easily do a full maze based off Cult.

57 minutes ago, swinney2 said:

I know. I just know how people got tired of TWD at the event so maybe they wait till HHN 30 to bring AHS back, so people are excited for it. I do think that AHS Cult will be a house though,

Well there's the difference. TWD is the same plot over & over while AHS has a different plot every season.

• Mark M. featured and unfeatured this topic
  • Mark M. featured this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic
  • Mark M. unfeatured this topic