How will Harry Potter effect attandance at HHN?

HHN fan

I think it also depends of the £ and €. Lots of Potter fans are getting older now and if they come with their families, and the exchange rate is such that a family of four could do HHN for 140 quid for a night, I think they'd be more likely to give it a try.

That could suck...unless they have a spill over to Islands and Harry Potter...then it could be good. Sell out the night, but have a bunch of people away from the houses :)

Since it's a World Cup year, maybe many of the Brits went to South Africa and don't have disposable cash to come to Orlando in October. Ha ha ha, can always hope!

I'm heading down the second weekend this year, so I'm hoping it's not too crowded...though we'll be getting 4 nights of HHN in so I have no doubt we'll see everything multiple times!

I'm going to be the pessimist and hope that Harry Potter actually takes some attention away from HHN this year. I really don't like walking shoulder to shoulder with people through the scarezones. But, then again, I've learned to buy Express Passes and go on Thursdays.

I'm going to be the pessimist and hope that Harry Potter actually takes some attention away from HHN this year. I really don't like walking shoulder to shoulder with people through the scarezones. But, then again, I've learned to buy Express Passes and go on Thursdays.

How's that being a pessimist? That's an OPTIMIST! I'd love the crowds to thin out....by a lot! It's getting insane now every day of the week...we used to go the week leading up to Halloween, then had to go earlier one year and the lines were sooooooo much much shorter so that's our new time to go and the lines are continually growing year to year.

Hoping Potter steals people and if there are no movie tie-in houses, maybe some casual attendees will stay home too :)

Of course it is going to have a postive impact on the event. Thousands of guests to the event are oppertunist guests where they by chance see ads and promos and bragging quotes about the event and see details set up around and others getting ready for it, it makes the family decide that they want to buy tickets and stay for it since they are there anyway.

So HHN will get thousands more guets this way with more daily guests in the parks.

people from for example the Netherlands(where i'm from) and england are going to stay for halloween!!!

We are specially coming for Halloween and Harry potter is a extra thing for the day!!

You save to do this holiday so it doesn't matter if you pay 100 dollars for just the day or 150 to 200 dollars for also the night!!

We want to see everything!!

I can't wait to buy my fast passes online!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I still doubt it'll be a problem in October, if it IS and we have 180-min waits every night for most houses, I wonder if Universal will do anything to combat those types of crowd numbers... extend park hours past 12 or even 2am on peak nights? Opening up Islands to send some crowds to HP? Running more regular rides in the evening?

I can't fathom the idea of queueing up just to get INTO HHN :huh:

• 1 month later...

Not really related to this thread, but what are the current wait lines for Harry Potter land and the rides. The online wait times haven't been working for weeks and I'm just curious as to the waits. I'm heading there in less than 2 weeks and while I'm not thrilled about Harry Potter, want to check it out for completionists sake since I've done everything else. Just curious if the waits are starting to calm down with kiddies back in school.

Not really related to this thread, but what are the current wait lines for Harry Potter land and the rides. The online wait times haven't been working for weeks and I'm just curious as to the waits. I'm heading there in less than 2 weeks and while I'm not thrilled about Harry Potter, want to check it out for completionists sake since I've done everything else. Just curious if the waits are starting to calm down with kiddies back in school.

last time I was there was labor day weekend and the forbidden journey ride was like an hour i think( i did single riders and had way less but normal line was supposed to be an hour) at least that's what it was like when I went to the ride. Dragon Challenge was like 10-15 minute wait I forget what the sign said but that's what it ended up being. no longer any line when I went last to get into other shops besides Ollivanders which there was a long line just to get into the candy and joke shop when it was newer. Don't know about the restraunt because I didn't eat at it last time. There hasn't been any line at all to get into the overall HP area for awhile now So it's not too bad at all now.

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

last time I was there was labor day weekend and the forbidden journey ride was like an hour i think( i did single riders and had way less but normal line was supposed to be an hour) at least that's what it was like when I went to the ride. Dragon Challenge was like 10-15 minute wait I forget what the sign said but that's what it ended up being. no longer any line when I went last to get into other shops besides Ollivanders which there was a long line just to get into the candy and joke shop when it was newer. Don't know about the restraunt because I didn't eat at it last time. There hasn't been any line at all to get into the overall HP area for awhile now So it's not too bad at all now.

THANKS! Just what I wanted to hear :) All the sites talking about lines stopped updating a month or so ago and wasn't sure what to expect.

...back to the question. Lol.

The WWoHP is being advertised quite heavily here on Satelite TV. Certainly more than the usual Universal advertisments. It could affect the influx of UK visitors to Orlando. I'm not taking any chances and booking a Uni hotel while I'm over.

dude yeah the hotel's on property are pretty much booked solid. i work at hrh and even THIS WEEK we are at like 98%. the night of employee preview we are at 100%. it's gonna be insane for the next month!